PHMG

PHMG Culture reviews

Clear

You Get What You Give

Before being hired I was very impressed with PHMG. The high-rise office on the mag mile, everyone wearing suites, free snacks - it all seemed high end and luxurious. It all seems very nice on the surface but it wasn't until a few months in that I realized the situation I was in. Don't get me wrong, no one has ever treated me wrong or with disrespect at PH, everyone is extremely nice and more than willing to help. But sooner or later it's just going to be just you and your phone. This job is 100% cold calling from 8:30 a.m. until 4:45-5:30. When I first started I was given 100 recycled leads and about 10-15% (probably less) of those leads were quality. After you run through the new starter data in a week or two you will then be expected to source your own leads ON YOUR OWN TIME. That's my biggest issue with PHMG, you're expected to cold call high quality leads for the entire work day but those leads need to be generated either after work or if you decide to come in early. Generally, after being on the phone and staring at a computer for 8+ hours, the absolute LAST THING that I want to do when I get home is to stay in work mode and source data for an additional hour or two once you're off the clock. This job isn't for everyone which was made evident by the high rate of turnover starting with the new hires that realize they don't like the job within the first few weeks and continuing to some of the longer employed workers that just don't want to deal with the nonsense and politics anymore. This job is not hard by any means. It's quite easy to sit behind a desk all day and cold -

Pros

Friendly & Helpful Managment/Co-Workers and free snacks.

Cons

Lots of rejection, long hours

Could be the best job in the US

Management is horrible they will use profanity towards you without a reason. They get off on embarrassing you. My manager never once gave me a review or words of appreciation. I'm a big boy I don't need that to perform but it's just further proof of the worse culture possible. The head guy in charge located in Chicago is plain pyshco. Its really a shame because the product is amazing, the sales process is phenomenal and the support staff is extremely knowledgeable. The pay is off the charts fair. With the right culture people would be lining up to work there and never leave. Hopefully one day they will figure that out but I could be starving and would never go back and I hit my numbers.

Pros

Sales process, pay and product

Cons

Culture is the worst on the planet

Nope

Just nope. Culture was terrible. High turnover rate, saw so many people get fired. It was basically an extension of high school with their attitudes. The design of the company was to profit off your sales even after you’ve left. It was more stressful than encouraging.

Fast paced and competitive. Sport and music culture orientated

During my 4 years at the company I worked in sales, account management and internal recruitment. I managed the internal recruitment for the London office and relocated to the Manchester HQ and have also been sent to the Chicago office as a top performer. The roles within the company are fast paced and competitive and there is a work hard, play hard culture. The hardest part of the recruitment roles are managing the recruitment process and managing hiring managers expectations. The most enjoyable part is hiring new talent, being responsible for their development and watching them grow and succeed within the business.

Pros

Long list or company perks, competitive environment, working for global leader

Cons

The overall culture and management styles, lack of HR

avoid

I was promised money, but for that youre expected to start working at 8am and not finish until gone 6pm. boys club with rife sexism and racist remarks. they seem to think theyre in the wolf of wall street. i was trained to lie to potential customers in order to make sales. 1980s sales techniques, poor management, no coaching, awful culture.Avoid PHMG like the plague.

Great place to work with a great atmosphere

I have been working for PHMG for over 6 months now and I love the role as well as the people at the business. In my role as an Audio Brand Consultant, there is never a typical day due to the fast paced nature, there is always variety. I have learned the value of customer service. Working with C-level Exec's across the world is a great experience and really makes you feel like you are making a difference to the journey of companies across the world. The Work place culture is very much Work Hard, Play Hard. Those that come to work hard will get rewarded in a number of manners. Those that want an easy ride need not apply! With a Perk for nearly every area of life, PHMG certainly work hard to reward their staff.

A Fun, Challenging, and Competitive Work Environment

I started with PHMG a little over 3 months ago, coming from an industry where one call closing was key. PHMG is a one call closer's dream job. There is no sourcing, cold calling, and very rarely do you end up in situations where the deal is not closable. The one thing the company has nailed is the collaboration between the inside sales team and business development, to where everything works as a well oiled machine. The recruiters do an amazing job of hiring the right people that create a culture of people that are passionate about not only winning but being the best, which creates great team bonds in all departments. With this, as with any sales position, it is a performance based business, so management expects results, which works well with me, because I love striving to be the best at everything that I do. And the best part of it all, is when you perform exceptionally, you are rewarded exceptionally with a very lucrative commission structure. Overall, if you have the mindset to strive to be the best, and love selling exceptionally great products, you will not only fit right in at PHMG, but you will succeed very quickly as well!

Rewarding

A rewarding company to be a part of, a hardworking office culture leads to many internal promotions and opportunities. Understanding and fair management helps the team lead a healthy work/life balance. Generous incentives put in place and targets to help reach your maximum potential. Training courses, work events and team nights as well as a long list of ‘PH Perks ‘create a fun and friendly environment to work in. Constant company expansion and change makes the role more interesting and keeps you on your toes. In summary, if you put the hard work in and show your ability, you will rewarded and valued.

Fun, creative environment!

I started at PHMG almost 4 years ago as a Junior Copywriter. I was really impressed by the talent of the creative department, but soon noticed most of my colleagues felt overlooked in favour of the more competitive sales side of the business. Still, the opportunities that PHMG offered for a copywriter made it more than worth everyone’s while to stick around, and the fun atmosphere that fuelled the department was an added bonus. As the company has grown, these opportunities have only got better, the team bigger, and the company a little more connected. As a department, we’ve gained experience writing for every industry imaginable – both in the UK and America, among other countries – including some pretty impressive brands. We’ve had more recognition for our role in the company, and there’s also a clearer path of progression – complemented by perks and parties that give the entire company an excuse to celebrate together every six months. While I still think there’s work to be done in terms of levelling the playing field and giving our senior writers reason to continue growing and developing in the company, PHMG is still a really great place to work – both for its opportunities and the people behind it.

Sociable

Sociable company culture. Great staff parties and own company bar. Help is always given when needed to help you improve within your role. No work life balance when working US hours and it’s not as fun working late night. Very understanding and accommodating to personal matters.

Pros

Training and help, understanding management.

Cons

Long unsociable hour working US shifts which is suitable to some.

Jobs at PHMG

See more jobs

Great place to be and a fun working environment.

I have worked at PHMG for nearly 2 years full time. I can honestly say that PHMG is the best company I have worked for. The directors and managers really invest in their staff. Pay and incentives are great. The harder you work the more your rewarded. There is great job security as we are ever expanding into new territories as the world's market leader in Audio branding. Over all a great company from top to bottom and can envisage myself being here for the foreseeable future.

Pros

Exellent progression, pay and working culture

Cons

If your not willing to work hard this company is not for you

Great place to work.

I have worked at PHMG for 2 and a half years and it's been an amazing journey. The culture of the company and the talented people I work along side are the reasons I work here, not to mention the earning potential and career progression. Like all interviews you have doubts especially when you are told the earning potential and career path available, I took a chance and it's paid off, high earnings and a number of promotions later I soon realised I was in the right place to strengthen my career.

Pros

High earnings and clear career paths.

Cons

Unsociable hours but you get use to them.

Unique company culture

PHMG has a very unique company culture, the organisation wouldn’t be the same without its employees. We enjoy a whole host of ‘PH Perks’ throughout the year, which are always welcome. Both Christmas and summer works dos are fantastic. As a copywriter, my role changes every day. One minute I’m writing about a car garage in America, the next it’s a hotel in the UK. The sectors we work in are so diverse, so it’s always an engaging experience. The company has recently introduced a comission scheme, rewarding the amount you write. The result is a healthy competitive environment.

Pros

Great company culture

Cons

Salary is one of the lowest for copywriters in the UK

Amazing benefits and salary with lots of hard work

An absolutely fantastic place to work. No two working days are the same, each bringing fresh challenges in a rewarding and positive atmosphere. Since starting in 2011 with no B2B sales experience whatsoever, I have been trained and helped to progress first to a Team Leader and then to a Sales Manager. It's been a pleasure working here, although very challenging at times. The managers are uniformly committed to improving company and individual staff performance, and as they are almost exclusively promoted from within, they have each built up the requisite skill sets to help their teams excel in their chosen areas. In a genuinely friendly but professional office culture, all employees have the opportunity to advance to senior management levels, if they are willing to put in the hard work. Whilst the Sales aspect of the job is certainly not easy, the financial incentives in place make it one of the most rewarding departments to work within. Not a company to work for if you are afraid of a challenge, but certainly one that will repay your efforts if you are willing to work hard improve daily.

Pros

Wages, accessible and approachable Directors, training, gym membership

Cons

Extra work outside office hours is essential to succeed

A good place to work

Well, it has been a while since I came to Manchester and to PHMG. I have to say that sometimes it has been difficult, getting used to another country, another way of life and culture, but also, it has been so exciting, enriching and fun. When I joined PHMG I already had a long experience behind me, the result of having worked for different companies before. Even so, I have grown both as a professional and as an individual here, participating in so many different and interesting projects, always using the latest available technology. Nowadays, I am still learning new things as the complexity of business processes increases along with the rapid expansion of the company. Anyway, what really makes the difference for me is the support I have always received, especially since my little one was born, as every day can be a challenge. PHMG understands the importance of family and definitely helps when you need it most.

PHMG is a GREAT Company to work for!!!

I have been working for PHMG since the Chicago office opened over 2 years ago and I honestly don't think I could have found a better fit for me. The way management values their employees, the culture of the whole company and the pay/compensation are all top notch. They provide you with all the tools you need to be successful, in any position within the company, and as long as you are willing to work hard you will be rewarded for it (in both pay and recognition). The whole company is known for working hard but they all also play hard too and it's a very fun company to work for. They constantly have different events (Summer Soire, Christmas Party, etc) to celebrate their employees and I promise you none of these events disappoint; they go ALL OUT for them. I cannot stress enough how much I love what I do and how much I love working for PHMG. If I had to point out one thing that is a little tough on me with my role it is just the amount of travel I do. My job role consists of being out in the field and I do travel a lot which can be a little tough with a family. Obviously this won't apply to a majority of the roles within PHMG anyways though. With all that being said, the positives outweigh the negatives BY A LANDSLIDE and I plan on staying with PHMG for the rest of my career. ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!

Pros

Culture, Management, Pay/Compensation, Recognition

Progressive and exciting company who reward talent

I have worked at PHMG for 7 months and have found it to be an extremely professional and exciting company. There is a work hard, play hard culture and the company gives you everything you need to be able to achieve this balance. From a structured and fun training and introduction process to numerable company benefits such as a barber and beautician on site along with games rooms and a bar to cashback and company discounts. There are glamorous social events, regular team nights out and charity events to bond with your colleagues. This company recognises and rewards talent and hard work and there are lots of opportunities to progress. This company is growing quickly and there are exciting times ahead at PHMG.

Fast paced environment

I have worked for PH for just over 2 years now and the growth I have experienced and witnessed in this short time has been phenomenal. The work environment itself is very face paced so you have to be self motivated. Every day is different it can be stressful at times, but I have such a good team around me that their support lightens the load, everyone pitches in when things get hectic! The people I work with make my job enjoyable I think without these individuals the role would be a lot harder! PH culture is if you work hard you are rewarded, you get out what you put in. There is always room for progression which makes you strive harder. Everyone is upbeat and has a positive out look. Teams are willing to help each other out in order for everyone to achieve the same goals. The hardest part, there is simply not enough hours in the day! Also due to the mass expansion of our forever growing business we need more headcount, this will tackle the tough times when we have staff shortages and enable us to work in a more organised and timely manner.

Pros

PH Perks

Cons

Hours can sometimes impact on personal life

A culture and ethos like no other

I was impressed on day 1 with the attention to detail they put into the academy in both its presentation and itinerary. The passion was apparent when each department head gave their pitch on the impact they had at PHMG. Seeing the bigger picture and switched on management was inspiring and showed what I was contributing to in my role. My biggest worry was the working hours, due to trading with all corners of the Earth calls for different shifts around the clock. Working for North America and a 1-10 shift was disconcerting at first but after speaking to the others on the team and being open-minded enough to try it the benefits became apparent. Having time to do your own thing in the mornings, and the sociable environment in the evenings became a lot of fun and quashed any doubt I had before. You do get out what you put in with PHMG, if you enjoy the job your figures will show. There are high standards and expectations on the numbers you present, but the subteams you are in are very encouraging and you'd make friends all over the office. You'll have heard work hard play hard before, and that is true here. Remember that whatever role you choose here makes a difference to the big picture; PHMG has a top product, top people, and a top culture.

Pros

Cons

Hours take getting used to

Highly creative environment

Everyday at PHMG is different - bringing fresh challenges and new opportunities. Working as a creative in the company, you witness firsthand the expertise of all the staff and the effort each person goes to to drive the company and the product forward. This drive stems from the family-like culture that’s instilled from management, where everyone wants the best for everyone.

Pros

Culture, incentives, and PH Perks

Fun and rewarding workplace

I have worked at PHMG for the past 9 months as a Client Services Executive. My role involves ensuring the productions are playing and assisting clients with any queries regarding the service. There are regular training sessions to improve knowledge of the service which is then passed onto the clients. There are also many opportunities to develop and progress within the company. I have changed roles within Client Services which has given me more responsibility, this involves contacting clients and taking them through the update process. The culture at PHMG is very enjoyable, from day one everyone is very welcoming. The workload is demanding but with the fun and friendly atmosphere every day is a good day. It is also a very sociable job with regular department events as well as the summer soirée and Christmas party.

Pros

Career progression, perks, Great atmosphere

Cons

The workload is demanding however hard work is definitely rewarded.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PHMG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7Job security/advancement
  • PHMG
  • Culture
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?