PHMG logo
PHMG

PHMG Employee Reviews for Business Development Manager

A Fun, Challenging, and Competitive Work Environment

I started with PHMG a little over 3 months ago, coming from an industry where one call closing was key. PHMG is a one call closer's dream job. There is no sourcing, cold calling, and very rarely do you end up in situations where the deal is not closable. The one thing the company has nailed is the collaboration between the inside sales team and business development, to where everything works as a well oiled machine. The recruiters do an amazing job of hiring the right people that create a culture of people that are passionate about not only winning but being the best, which creates great team bonds in all departments. With this, as with any sales position, it is a performance based business, so management expects results, which works well with me, because I love striving to be the best at everything that I do. And the best part of it all, is when you perform exceptionally, you are rewarded exceptionally with a very lucrative commission structure. Overall, if you have the mindset to strive to be the best, and love selling exceptionally great products, you will not only fit right in at PHMG, but you will succeed very quickly as well!

Could be the best job in the US

Management is horrible they will use profanity towards you without a reason. They get off on embarrassing you. My manager never once gave me a review or words of appreciation. I'm a big boy I don't need that to perform but it's just further proof of the worse culture possible. The head guy in charge located in Chicago is plain pyshco. Its really a shame because the product is amazing, the sales process is phenomenal and the support staff is extremely knowledgeable. The pay is off the charts fair. With the right culture people would be lining up to work there and never leave. Hopefully one day they will figure that out but I could be starving and would never go back and I hit my numbers.

Pros

Sales process, pay and product

Cons

Culture is the worst on the planet

Great experience

PH has a very passionate sales force and the best part of the job is to prove you’re the best. Yes there are individual targets to hit and incentives to win but there is a real team ethic across the company which drives you everyday. It’s a great product to sell but you have to be at your best everyday and anything less than 100% is going to get you nowhere.

Pros

PHat pay cheques, amazing incentives (bucket list holidays) passionate colleagues, appointments made for you

Cons

Long hours but if you want to win in life then you have to put in the work.

Do Not Work Here!!!

If you want to work 12 hours a day and get paid absolutely nothing then PHMG is the place for you. If you want to drive 200-300 miles a day then PHMG is for you. Aggressive sales culture that is very demanding with a very high turnover rate. If you are able to survive and sell, which I did, they do everything in there power to undercut your earnings (not paying you the right commission), or they have clawbacks/cancellations that are sometimes fabricated to drop you to a lower pay bracket. Horrible management and your voice means absolutely nothing 100% of the time. In Fact, if you speak up at all you will be black balled within the organization and your daily appointments will be drastically slashed. I'm still waiting for my last paycheck from November as we speak.

Cons

No Growth, Pay not what they promised, Poor management

Smoke and Mirrors

they don't deliver on what they promise. lots of favoritism. Lack of proper training. No support or help for new employees. High expectations without proper guidance for roles. Travel way outside assigned territories, without additional compensation.

fun with great people

regimented with a strong focus on achieving and breaching targets. Never allowed to rest on your laurels. not enough flexibility and very regimented, almost to school level. Made some great friends and helped me to achieve more thran i though i could

Pros

commision structure

Cons

too regimented

Work hard, play hard

I started working for PH Media Group in October 2014, and after hard work and a great deal of commitment, they invested in me to send me on an away trip. This gave me the opportunity to prove to the company and myself how dedicated and passionate I am about my job – and since then I’ve never looked back. You have to work hard to get to where you want to be, and if you’re willing to put in your all, this is the company for you. With hard work and support from management, you too can reap the rewards.

Pros

Money, away trips, big rewards & appointments are booked for you.

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PHMG?