PHMG logo
PHMG

PHMG Employee Reviews for Business Development Executive

Typical sales office in a big city

Typical days include researching and finding your own businesses to contact that would potentially benefit from our product. Phoning said companies and introducing our company and product and then proceed to get them interested enough to book an appointment with them to sell our product.

Pros

Always change so it's not repetitive

Cons

Long Hours

Head down and work

Cut throat environment, recruit 15/20 people a month and only 1 stay on at a time. Expect you to work through your lunch and also you have to source your own leads, I was working 13 hour shifts and it still wasn’t good enough

Pros

Cons

12 hour days

You Get What You Give

Before being hired I was very impressed with PHMG. The high-rise office on the mag mile, everyone wearing suites, free snacks - it all seemed high end and luxurious. It all seems very nice on the surface but it wasn't until a few months in that I realized the situation I was in. Don't get me wrong, no one has ever treated me wrong or with disrespect at PH, everyone is extremely nice and more than willing to help. But sooner or later it's just going to be just you and your phone. This job is 100% cold calling from 8:30 a.m. until 4:45-5:30. When I first started I was given 100 recycled leads and about 10-15% (probably less) of those leads were quality. After you run through the new starter data in a week or two you will then be expected to source your own leads ON YOUR OWN TIME. That's my biggest issue with PHMG, you're expected to cold call high quality leads for the entire work day but those leads need to be generated either after work or if you decide to come in early. Generally, after being on the phone and staring at a computer for 8+ hours, the absolute LAST THING that I want to do when I get home is to stay in work mode and source data for an additional hour or two once you're off the clock. This job isn't for everyone which was made evident by the high rate of turnover starting with the new hires that realize they don't like the job within the first few weeks and continuing to some of the longer employed workers that just don't want to deal with the nonsense and politics anymore. This job is not hard by any means. It's quite easy to sit behind a desk all day and cold -

Pros

Friendly & Helpful Managment/Co-Workers and free snacks.

Cons

Lots of rejection, long hours

Lots of Broken Promises

Let's start w training. You will spend almost a week on training, but really only half a day of that is on how to actually do the job. The rest of the week is about how great and innovative the company is, but really it's not. Once you are on the floor, you are left to sink or swim. No one will help you. They won't tell you this, but your expected to put in basically 12 hr days. You're looked down upon if you take a lunch or break. It's a very unprofessional environment, lots of screaming. I'm not saying they're sexist, but most women don't do well there. Only one woman was making good money during my time. Turnover is ridiculous. There's a reason they are always hiring, and have a large training classes every other week.

avoid

I was promised money, but for that youre expected to start working at 8am and not finish until gone 6pm. boys club with rife sexism and racist remarks. they seem to think theyre in the wolf of wall street. i was trained to lie to potential customers in order to make sales. 1980s sales techniques, poor management, no coaching, awful culture.Avoid PHMG like the plague.

Work, work, work

So I had only been at the company for 6 weeks when my time had come “the end of the road” I had some big family issues going on at home and after being asked constantly what was wrong I would say nothing. After being then brought in to a meeting I was assured I could say what the issue was and that I would get help that was needed as they “care for my welfare” and they would come back to me with some help! The next day I go in and was let go due to performance related issues I thought this was laughable as they say they give everyone the time they need to get to where they need to be they expect you to work constantly taking work home or coming in ridiculously early to source you do have people there who constantly hit targets who have been in the business for a long period of time but expecting you to get your targets almost immediately is outrageous pressure tactics from managers and belittling you informs of people is what some do threaten your job and your livelihood I was constantly told I didn’t want to be there and now looking back at the experience I could not be happier out of the company Think twice about PHMG who have hounded business across the UK for years and promise you the world with very little back! By the way things at home are better now but no thanks to you any help from you guys when you let me go That was the help I needed well done PHMG! Hope people actually read this and see what a shambles of the UK team is ran!

Media Development Executive

Terrible company with terrible management. Revolving door company. You’re sold the dream throughout the recruitment and interview process but delivered nothing short of a nightmare.

Media Development Executive

Awesome environment. Open sales floor filled with good people. High energy, fast paced. Company gatherings at high-end venues, open bars, great meals Competitive, with tons of incentives for top earners. Trips to U.K. (and PTO to stop in some other countries) Cash bonuses every month when you reach collective sales target.

Great atmosphere

Everyone is great friends at the company! If you work hard, you receive great rewards. There are games to play during breaks. Management expects you to do your bit and pushes your to do your best.

Pros

Free lunch for top performers, pay incentives, leave early incentives.

Cons

Can't always take lunch/ breaks because work needs to be done.

Rewarding time

I learnt a lot about direct sales and working in a fast paced environment with PHMG. A typical day was setting up meetings with new clients for the BDM's to go and gain business. Learning to work with other departments during the role was good as at past employers I usually worked within my team and my team alone. I enjoyed challenging myself to stay motivated throughout the role too.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

The hours

Hard work but rewarding

Appointment setting for BDMs in America. Unsociable hours, hard work, pressure, but very reqarding if you get it right and put the hours in.Opportunities to progress rapidly.

Fast pace work environment

Typical cold calling experience, fast paced, high stress. Great for someone looking to make 150 min call time a day. Not a very professional work environment.

Pros

hour lunch

Cons

high stress

Good Company, Fun Environment

I started with PHMG around a month ago and have loved every second. Training immerses you in the company brand and culture basically how it all started and it was very eye-opening. When I hit the phones for the first time it was a great feeling. Well prepared. The culture is amazing. Pool table, ping pong table and Xbox during lunch and breaks. Softball once a week as an office. There's a lot to do after work too downtown. Management use great incentives to hit our targets. I hit my first month revenue target and was treated to a delicious meal at an amazing restaurant downtown with the CEO, head of sales, and everyone else who hit target. Overall great company and I'm very happy to be here.

Pros

Lots of incentives, realistic revenue targets

Cons

Have to look at Lake Michigan every day when it's nice outside

One of the best companies in Manchester to work for

Started off my career with PH Media Group last year. In my first week I was given a huge insight into the company by undergoing a week of fantastic training. I was given a clear understanding of Audio branding and how the copy writers, music producers, who are bafta award winning and have produced music for globally renowned performers, collaborate with voice over artists to make a bespoke audio track for companies within the UK and globally. I've been working on the UK team for just over a year now, and I love and thrive in the environment, its fast paced and target driven, but I thoroughly enjoy going into competition with my colleagues to hopefully come out as top for the week, which give you a range of added incentives including cash on the day incentives and large cash prizes for the end of the week. Also being taken out to top Manchester restaurants like Fazenda etc. If you come out as top for the year there is opportunities to win TAG watches, apple watches, ÂŁ10,000 cash incentive for hitting your personal best 3 times in a row. I've never worked for a company that offer to give so much away when you hit or over exceed targets. The management have helped me grow into one of the top performers within the office and I'm really excited about what the future holds for my career with PH Media Group and hopefully relocating across into the states. One of the best companies in Manchester to work for.

Pros

Fast progression into management, watches, cash prizes, internal opportunities, days out

Cons

Serial waste of time and a pack of liars

This has to be by far the worst place I have ever stepped foot in, the management team think there out of a scene from the Wolf of wall Street. They humiliate new incoming members of staff whether it be there appearance or what ever they deem fit to ridicule. Every morning your pulled into a conference room where they pretty much demotivate you claim manchester sales as a team aren't performing and then send you out on to the phones. They say it's a corporate environment yet your sat with a head set strapped to your head reeling through data that has been on the system for 5/6 years. Waste of time and effort working long hours for now reward. Looking at the established mdes within the company and only a couple were on course for there monthly target nothing more. Shambles of a company and the way they churn through staff should of set the alarm bells ringing really. Steer away Steer well away.

Pros

Cons

Plenty

Would not recommend

I have never worked for a worse company in my life. They try to play on a brokers environment yet it's a telesales office, that's all it is. They get customers to sign into ridiculous contract for a product which is, quite simply, worthless. The management are very pushy, you lose money if you forget to call someone back... Your job is put on the line every day. The only time your treated well is if you meet the IMPOSSIBLE targets. I really would not recommend this company to anyone, had the worst experience here and they are con artists. Sleazy - pushy - unfriendly.

Pros

Going home

Cons

Everything else

If you're willing to work hard, you will be rewarded greatly.

I started working at PH Media Group in January this year with zero sales experience. On joining the company, I was provided with the necessary training and skills to allow me to perform to the highest level. Within 6 months I finished top 10 in the company for the month, and received my first promotion to senior level, with a Team Leader position expected shortly. To succeed at PH Media Group you need to be incredibly dedicated and have an unrivalled work ethic, but if you’re willing to put in the time and effort then it’s the perfect place to work. The whole business is set up to reward you highly, both financially and with career progression. Alongside this, my time at the company has been fantastic because of the people I work with. We have an amazing social side to the team and I now consider most of the office to be friends rather than colleagues. If anybody is looking to really embrace and live the sales/city lifestyle, then PH Media Group really is a great place to be.

Pros

Money, opportunities, promotions & social life

Cons

Hard work & high pressure

It’s an exciting place to be

The thing I most enjoy about working here is the feeling of being part of a company that doesn’t stop striving to go one better than it already has. Records get broken – and this is always celebrated in style. But rather than resting on these achievements, there’s always a constant drive for more, to break the next record and the next. It’s an exciting place to be.

Pros

Incentives, money, culture, office view, progression opportunities

Cons

Competitive environment

High Pressure - Good Rewards

I have been with the company for 9 months and have never in my career made as much money as I am doing at the minute. Yes it’s true that it is a very heavily targeted role and that management does push you, if you’re motivated by either money or progression though, that’s exactly what you need. The progression here is fantastic and having already been promoted once, I am on my way to my second promotion. If you’re lazy and just want to plod along then this is absolutely not the environment for you but if you’re prepared to put in the effort then you will absolutely reap the benefits here. The sales team is friendly and there is a genuine family feel in and out of the office. We do a lot in our own time for charities and the compulsory drink on Friday after work is always fun. We have daily, monthly and yearly incentives so there is always something extra to aim for. All-in-all; if you’re ambitious and talented you’ll love it here.

Pros

Incentives, fun work environment, beautiful offices

Cons

Always being pushed

High pressured fun place to work

Self sourcing early in the morning Attending morning meeting Making over 200 calls Booking at least two appointments per day Fun loving co-workers Not being able to get through the Gate keepers Booking appointments Getting emails from BDM that i got the deal

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long Hours