PHMG

PHMG Employee Reviews for Account Manager

A Winning Mentality! With a great Company Culture!

A great place to be if you are willing to do the work and want to be the best at what you do. I handle some of our biggest clients and brands. I lead myself on my customer service, expectation/relationship management, lead times, attention to detail, quality of work and ability to bring on new business consistently. If you do not have a winning mentality, strive for success, perfection and attention to detail in everything you do. Then this is not the place for you. A corporate yet creative atmosphere. I mean we are an Audio Branding/ Marketing Agency.

Pros

Company Perks, Colleagues, Working environment, Management, Commission structure

Cons

Long hours, must always meet all KPI's

A culture and ethos like no other

I was impressed on day 1 with the attention to detail they put into the academy in both its presentation and itinerary. The passion was apparent when each department head gave their pitch on the impact they had at PHMG. Seeing the bigger picture and switched on management was inspiring and showed what I was contributing to in my role. My biggest worry was the working hours, due to trading with all corners of the Earth calls for different shifts around the clock. Working for North America and a 1-10 shift was disconcerting at first but after speaking to the others on the team and being open-minded enough to try it the benefits became apparent. Having time to do your own thing in the mornings, and the sociable environment in the evenings became a lot of fun and quashed any doubt I had before. You do get out what you put in with PHMG, if you enjoy the job your figures will show. There are high standards and expectations on the numbers you present, but the subteams you are in are very encouraging and you'd make friends all over the office. You'll have heard work hard play hard before, and that is true here. Remember that whatever role you choose here makes a difference to the big picture; PHMG has a top product, top people, and a top culture.

Pros

Cons

Hours take getting used to

Fantastic company

I've really enjoyed my experience working at PHMG, the people and the atmosphere all contribute towards a hard working but relaxed and fun environment. I have learnt a lot and developed myself since joining PHMG and there is plenty of opportunities to progress and experience different parts of the business as the company is always growing. PHMG prides itself on it's world class product and customer service, so interacting with clients and contributing towards that is a rewarding experience.You have to work hard but you're always rewarded for putting in the effort with great salaries and benefits. Management are very passionate about all aspects of the company and this feeds down to all of the teams and it's individuals, which creates a fantastic culture to be a part of.

Pros

Superb salaries and benefits, Great working environment, Summer Soiree/Christmas Party

Day to day challenge

I worked at PH for just under a year but in that time, developed professionally and personally. As an Account Manager i was pushed each day to try and be better and as a result constantly asked myself whether i was delivering 'Great' service alongside their Ethos. I got to work with a great bunch of colleagues who i'd now class as friends and thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

Pros

Perks, Bigs events, Pay and charity work

Cons

3 breaks a day is good but a slightly longer lunch would be welcomed

Review

Pros: fast paced, fun atmosphere, friendly people to work with. Lots of perks every month. Reasonable salaries and great commission can be earnt. Well paid for what the job is. Very social bunch, included summer and Christmas parties that are always done to a high level and other team nights out over the year usually paid by the company. Cons: High pressure, don’t always feel valued. Structures in the business means not always being able to progress through the company to more senior positions. Regular changes to commission structures and no HR department for employee queries.

Pros

Fun and good money

Cons

Long hours, pressure and too many changes to the business

A great company with real potential for career development.

A typical day at work for me was split between the office and being on the road visiting clients and focussed heavily on retention / putting the client first. Additional revenue generated through account growth and new business was also a very important part of my role as was gaining client testimonials and championing PHMG overall. Working in this role enabled me to gain valuable client facing experience with some of the worlds biggest brands that I didn't have before in previous roles. It’s really given me the confidence to be able to walk into any room and present to anyone from director to Exec level. On a personal level the most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the social aspect and the friends I made as a result. The sports teams are great to be a part of, as is the charity work the PHMG foundation carry out. On a professional level, the best part of the job was gaining a solid understanding of how major organisations operate day to day from their ATL - BTL marketing campaigns down to how their invoicing structures work and how they tender for business. Every client is slightly different and it’s this that really kept things interesting.

Pros

Autonomous management style, Relatively fast career progression, Vibrant office, Free fruit, Tea & Coffee, Free Gym Membership after 1 year, Great friends to be made and social culture to experience.

A challenging yet rewarding, exciting, fast growing company

Previous to PHMG i was in and out of jobs trying to find where i fit, BDM jobs, Recruiter jobs, constantly seeking a job i would enjoy. Fortunately PHMG found me and I have been here now for 2 years and can honestly say i wish i'd have found them before they got to me. The staff are relatively young for the most part and the future is bright with the expected growth of the company. The company continues to grow year on year and is the perfect place for a young professional to progress. Work hard and you will be recognised and rewarded. The office in Manchester is a great place to work, its vibrant, fun, and friendly with regular team bonding occasions. I work in the Client Services department which naturally is less intense than the Sales department but that suits me perfect. You are still expected to hit targets and reap all the rewards every time you do this.

Pros

Rewards, staff, opportunity

Cons

Increased workload as the company grows

Fantastic company to work for

PHMG provide you with excellent support to fulfil your potential within the company. Hard work is very much rewarded both with opportunities and compensation/benefits. PH Perks offers another reward for showing your commitment to your role and are very much appreciated by all staff. Everyone at PHMG works together well and this creates a supportive and very positive working environment.

Pros

Great training and support from management

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PHMG?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PHMG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7Job security/advancement
  • PHMG
  • Account Manager
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?