PHMG

PHMG Employee Reviews in Manchester, NH

Hard Work Pays Off

I have been with PHMG for 5 years and it is the best decision I have made. The level of sales experience here makes it easy to learn, and the initial training course covers all the bases to give you a head start. Being surrounded by hungry sales people all day gives you all the energy you need to work the 10-12 hour days. The harder you work outside the office, the easier it is in it. The social aspect of the company makes you feel like a part of a family, not a business, and the Summer Soiree and Xmas Party are not to be missed. If you are looking to work hard and commit to advancing your career and find a company you can stick with for life I highly recommend you pick up the phone and get in touch.

Pros

Money, Events, Csr

Not my bag

Company utilises terrible pay deals and the working practices are shady. Covid secure... well I didn't see any security. Felt intimidated to return to the office and put health at jeopardy.

Do Not Work Here!!!

If you want to work 12 hours a day and get paid absolutely nothing then PHMG is the place for you. If you want to drive 200-300 miles a day then PHMG is for you. Aggressive sales culture that is very demanding with a very high turnover rate. If you are able to survive and sell, which I did, they do everything in there power to undercut your earnings (not paying you the right commission), or they have clawbacks/cancellations that are sometimes fabricated to drop you to a lower pay bracket. Horrible management and your voice means absolutely nothing 100% of the time. In Fact, if you speak up at all you will be black balled within the organization and your daily appointments will be drastically slashed. I'm still waiting for my last paycheck from November as we speak.

Cons

No Growth, Pay not what they promised, Poor management

Smoke and Mirrors

they don't deliver on what they promise. lots of favoritism. Lack of proper training. No support or help for new employees. High expectations without proper guidance for roles. Travel way outside assigned territories, without additional compensation.

The copy team is a great thing

The copy team is unique within the company and I speak from experience, having shared office space with pretty much all other teams over the years. The copywriters are expected to work hard, but the management also recognise we are all creatives, so there’s loads of banter and laughs too, including outside of work. What’s made our team great is the careful hiring, where the personality of the candidates counts as much as their skills and experience. Overall, while we have a heavy workload every day, we aren’t working beyond our capabilities. Praise for individual achievement is shared with the whole team on a regular basis. We are led by encouragement and training, and every person on the team has a chance to shine. A big bonus is being able to write for world markets: the USA, Canada, Australia, Singapore and others.

Pros

Amazing people we work with

Cons

The creative teams should sit together on one floor. No casual Fridays.

Fantastic company to work for

PHMG provide you with excellent support to fulfil your potential within the company. Hard work is very much rewarded both with opportunities and compensation/benefits. PH Perks offers another reward for showing your commitment to your role and are very much appreciated by all staff. Everyone at PHMG works together well and this creates a supportive and very positive working environment.

Pros

Great training and support from management

Valuable rewards

There are so many different characters at PH Media Group – you speak to such a diverse mix of people that no two days are the same. And importantly, everyone really looks out for each other – there’s great team spirit and camaraderie. We work to a motto of ‘You make your own paycheque’ – and everyone in the team takes full advantage of this. When you work hard, you really see the rewards. The product and concept is truly unique, and I’m sure we’ve only just scratched the surface. The future of the company looks very exciting and I’m proud to be a part of it!

Pros

Promotional opportunities, strong team spirit, bonuses, varied role

An inclusive company that offers excellent career development opportunities

During my last 6 years at PH Media Group, I’ve had the privilege of being part of a hugely successful team that’s helped the business evolve into a global market leader. I’ve always felt valued as an employee and highly respected by all of the management. They gave me the opportunity to express myself – and rewarded my achievements with a healthy commission structure and excellent career development. The family-like culture makes the sales floor a great place to work – and with our ventures into new international markets, exciting times lie ahead. The future of the business looks very bright, and I’m certainly looking forward to playing my part in their success.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PHMG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7Job security/advancement
  • PHMG
  • Manchester, NH
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?