PHMG logo
PHMG

PHMG Employee Reviews in Chicago, IL

Alright at best

It's okay if you're coming out of college, but other than that, it's not worth it. Compensation is not worth the amount of hours that you put into it to be successful.

You Get What You Give

Before being hired I was very impressed with PHMG. The high-rise office on the mag mile, everyone wearing suites, free snacks - it all seemed high end and luxurious. It all seems very nice on the surface but it wasn't until a few months in that I realized the situation I was in. Don't get me wrong, no one has ever treated me wrong or with disrespect at PH, everyone is extremely nice and more than willing to help. But sooner or later it's just going to be just you and your phone. This job is 100% cold calling from 8:30 a.m. until 4:45-5:30. When I first started I was given 100 recycled leads and about 10-15% (probably less) of those leads were quality. After you run through the new starter data in a week or two you will then be expected to source your own leads ON YOUR OWN TIME. That's my biggest issue with PHMG, you're expected to cold call high quality leads for the entire work day but those leads need to be generated either after work or if you decide to come in early. Generally, after being on the phone and staring at a computer for 8+ hours, the absolute LAST THING that I want to do when I get home is to stay in work mode and source data for an additional hour or two once you're off the clock. This job isn't for everyone which was made evident by the high rate of turnover starting with the new hires that realize they don't like the job within the first few weeks and continuing to some of the longer employed workers that just don't want to deal with the nonsense and politics anymore. This job is not hard by any means. It's quite easy to sit behind a desk all day and cold -

Pros

Friendly & Helpful Managment/Co-Workers and free snacks.

Cons

Lots of rejection, long hours

Opportunity for Career Growth

Lots of opportunity for Career Growth and a fun work environment. I was promoted 3 times in 3 years and gained lots of valuable and transferable experience.

Nope

Just nope. Culture was terrible. High turnover rate, saw so many people get fired. It was basically an extension of high school with their attitudes. The design of the company was to profit off your sales even after you’ve left. It was more stressful than encouraging.

Lots of Broken Promises

Let's start w training. You will spend almost a week on training, but really only half a day of that is on how to actually do the job. The rest of the week is about how great and innovative the company is, but really it's not. Once you are on the floor, you are left to sink or swim. No one will help you. They won't tell you this, but your expected to put in basically 12 hr days. You're looked down upon if you take a lunch or break. It's a very unprofessional environment, lots of screaming. I'm not saying they're sexist, but most women don't do well there. Only one woman was making good money during my time. Turnover is ridiculous. There's a reason they are always hiring, and have a large training classes every other week.

Great community with a focus on progress

Everyone is very high spirited, energetic, and ready to work hard. The community within the company is one of the best and most inclusive I've seen and compliments the personalities of those working there very well. There are definitely times where work gets overloaded and complicated due to the many different channels each assignment has to go through but typically it is a manageable workload.

PHMG is a GREAT Company to work for!!!

I have been working for PHMG since the Chicago office opened over 2 years ago and I honestly don't think I could have found a better fit for me. The way management values their employees, the culture of the whole company and the pay/compensation are all top notch. They provide you with all the tools you need to be successful, in any position within the company, and as long as you are willing to work hard you will be rewarded for it (in both pay and recognition). The whole company is known for working hard but they all also play hard too and it's a very fun company to work for. They constantly have different events (Summer Soire, Christmas Party, etc) to celebrate their employees and I promise you none of these events disappoint; they go ALL OUT for them. I cannot stress enough how much I love what I do and how much I love working for PHMG. If I had to point out one thing that is a little tough on me with my role it is just the amount of travel I do. My job role consists of being out in the field and I do travel a lot which can be a little tough with a family. Obviously this won't apply to a majority of the roles within PHMG anyways though. With all that being said, the positives outweigh the negatives BY A LANDSLIDE and I plan on staying with PHMG for the rest of my career. ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!

Pros

Culture, Management, Pay/Compensation, Recognition

Fun yet serious work environment

A great position if you are just starting your career. Because so much of the work is completed as a team respect amongst coworkers is vital. The company provides a week long orientation so you know and understand every department that makes the business succeed.

Cons

low salary

Going places

This is a company that has big goals and those willing to work hard and deliver the numbers will grow with it. Yes it’s hard work but it should be, you don’t get a big pay cheque for just sitting on your behind. Those wanting to bad mouth the company, clearly couldn’t do the job asked of them!

Pros

Good commission, great offices, great product, great colleagues

Cons

Hard work

Great Culture, Great Management / Support, Opportunity for Advancement

This company has been great since day 1. I have had an amazing experience with everyone I have worked with, with excellent support from upper management. I have worked for many "corporate" companies who do not value their employees nor provide them with the skills and support they need to succeed....this is NOT one of those companies. This is a team, a family, with positive attitudes from career oriented employees. The compensation is great with numerous benefits. Overall, I would give PHMG an A++ because I truly cannot imagine working for another company at this point.

Pros

Excellent support/training, positive culture and workplace, opportunity to advance

Cons

Not a con but you need to be a person who strives to be the best, who is always trying to better themselves. PHMG is not a company for mediocre employees

Great Place To Work

I have been working here for a little more than 15 months. I have pretty much enjoyed it the entire time. With any Sales position there are ups and downs, but PHMG makes a point to give back to the Sales staff whenever they can. The mantra of "Work Hard, Play Harder" is not lost on this company. The best thing about being in Sales at this company is that you are paid promptly and accordingly. You won't have to wait months to receive the fruits of your labor. That is something that is unique to working in Sales. in my experience. I used to have to track down my clients and shake them down to pay us in order to receive my commissions. That doesn't happen at PHMG. Great culture, great payment structure, great office, great product. I have been a happier person ever since my first day here.

Pros

Good pay structure, good incentives, great PTO

Cons

short breaks, dress code

Media Development Executive

Awesome environment. Open sales floor filled with good people. High energy, fast paced. Company gatherings at high-end venues, open bars, great meals Competitive, with tons of incentives for top earners. Trips to U.K. (and PTO to stop in some other countries) Cash bonuses every month when you reach collective sales target.

Great atmosphere

Everyone is great friends at the company! If you work hard, you receive great rewards. There are games to play during breaks. Management expects you to do your bit and pushes your to do your best.

Pros

Free lunch for top performers, pay incentives, leave early incentives.

Cons

Can't always take lunch/ breaks because work needs to be done.

Terrible

These people are arrogant, rude, and full of themselves. You will be selling out-dated stuff that nobody wants and they will act they are on the cutting edge.

Fast pace work environment

Typical cold calling experience, fast paced, high stress. Great for someone looking to make 150 min call time a day. Not a very professional work environment.

Pros

hour lunch

Cons

high stress

Great company with lots of career opportunities

PHMG is a very rewarding and challenging job. If you're willing to work hard, you will be rewarded generously. I love the culture and fun environment, as well as everyone's individual commitment. Training was ample and excellent and is ongoing. Opportunities for advancement are available.

Pros

Ipad incentives, trips to Uk, great commission, great culture

Cons

Work hard culture, you need a positive attitude

Challenging and Rewarding Workplace

I've worked in sales in a few different roles. I was a United States Navy Recruiter, Outside Sales for a Staffing Firm, and now here with PHMG. It's been a great experience having been here from the beginning of this office. The people are great. We have amazing team camaraderie. I've been pushed to hit targets and excel here as a sales person. That led to me getting to visit the UK, Manchester where the HQ is, London, and Portugal all paid for by the company. It's honestly the best job I have ever had. Upward mobility is also something I have thought was great here. I've been here less than a year and have already been promoted twice and am now in management. The opportunity for growth within this organization is phenomenal. The company is continuing to grow rapidly in Chicago.

Pros

Upward Mobility, Incentive, Comp Structure

Cons

Great Challenge

Chicago BDM

I have been with PHMG for nearly a year now and overall I have been very happy with my decision. I left a job I had been with for over 15 years for the hopes of starting a career with a company that looked to be growing. It was a big jump for me going from managing 200 employees to simply being a sole contributor. Having 2 kids, it was important that I found something with more work life balance and I found it with PHMG. Although I struggled for the first 3 months, management worked hard to make sure I got on track. I consistently put in the effort and let management know what I was doing to work on improving and because of that I got a significant amount of help. Year to date I am one of the top 5 BDM’s in the company world wide and have a solid shot at finishing the year at #1. Management is supportive but equally as important is the comradery amoungst the BDM’s across the country. The money is there, as long as you are performing and show that you have the work ethic. It was good to see that the US CEO and Manchester were open to the feedback and made adjustments to keep the team happy. Personally, I think that $150K is an easy number to obtain with many earning a lot more. That coupled with the fact that you get a healthy car allowance, reimbursed for mileage and even a cup of coffee a day makes for a pretty good plan. Socially the team is always planning fun events. When I was in Manchester for training myself along with 3 other BDM’s were in the company seats at a ManU game sitting with the CEO and a sales manager. This summer in Chicago they are having a huge -

Good Company, Fun Environment

I started with PHMG around a month ago and have loved every second. Training immerses you in the company brand and culture basically how it all started and it was very eye-opening. When I hit the phones for the first time it was a great feeling. Well prepared. The culture is amazing. Pool table, ping pong table and Xbox during lunch and breaks. Softball once a week as an office. There's a lot to do after work too downtown. Management use great incentives to hit our targets. I hit my first month revenue target and was treated to a delicious meal at an amazing restaurant downtown with the CEO, head of sales, and everyone else who hit target. Overall great company and I'm very happy to be here.

Pros

Lots of incentives, realistic revenue targets

Cons

Have to look at Lake Michigan every day when it's nice outside

Growing Media company with fast track career progression

I was recommended PHMG by a friend who worked here and since starting I haven't looked back. I'm on track to earn $85k this year (and I only have a year's sales experience) and the environment is fun and I've made great friends. I've just returned from a trip in the UK which I won as an incentive and I'm in line for a promotion into a Team Leader role if I keep smashing my targets. It's a very exciting place to be with all the expansion plans this year and I'm looking forward to our summer party in a few weeks.

Pros

Views of Lake Michigan, ping pong, watch incentives, UK trips, pool table, cash incentives

Cons

Only 1 ping pong table

Unprofessional and Disorganized

Very disorganized office. The people that run the office are all from the UK and think they are above americans. Puts way too much pressure on employees and will fire you the second you aren't living up to their "sales" standard. The CEO was heard cussing and yelling in the middle of the office. Very unprofessional business setting.

Pros

Office view

Cons

No stable job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PHMG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8Job security/advancement