PHMG

PHMG Employee Reviews in Manchester

Head down and work

Cut throat environment, recruit 15/20 people a month and only 1 stay on at a time. Expect you to work through your lunch and also you have to source your own leads, I was working 13 hour shifts and it still wasn’t good enough

Pros

Cons

12 hour days

Alright money but expect to have no life

Source all your data outside of working hours of 1.30pm-11pm so you end up sourcing all your data in the morning and calling potential customer all afternoon/evening. So you end up doing mad hours everyday and using your weekends to source your own leads finding the business owners names, whether they fit certain criteria and you’ve got to do this for every lead you want to ring. So if you want to earn good money you can but expect to pull in some mad hours every week

Pros

Pool table break out room is cool

Cons

No life balance whatsoever

Avoid, avoid, avoid

The company is totally dominated by sales. Everything is sales. Whilst they try to make out that it's a creative agency with loads of amazing creative talent, internally the only people who matter are the salesmen. Yes men, not people. "Boys club" doesn't even begin to scratch the surface. Management actively enjoys and encourages infidelity. They want family men who drive fancy cars (oh yeah, once you hit a certain seniority you're "encouraged" to buy an expensive car) who sleep around with staff. No joke. Think Mad Men without the talent. You must arrive at a specific time, if you don't, you're punished - and I mean to the minute. There are set break times, again, to the minute. It's like being in school, not to mention the dress code. The pay, unless you're in sales, is dismal compared to other agencies. They target graduates who are desperate to get any job and are willing to take anything. It's a good starter job in that respect, but plan on moving within 6 months if you know what's good.The parties are fun, lavish, vapid, and very well "dusted" if you know what I mean. I met some great people there, but really that has nothing to do with the company itself.

Pros

Works with big brands which looks good on your CV when you apply to a new job

Cons

Too many to list

Hated it at PHMG, all about selling

They don't care about employees, it is all about them pushing you for sales and getting contracts. I wouldn't recommend a job here unless you like stress and poor pay without prospects.

Hard work and very friendly @ PHMG

The environment at PHMG is very hard working and dynamic. They always endeavour to give back to the staff, we have some fantastic benefits including gym membership and music lessons! I have found that people in all departments within the company are as equally happy to help as the other which makes work life so much easier within a business of this size. My experience has been incredibly positive, I would strongly recommend a role here if you want to grow and work with a growing global organisation that cares.

Really great place to work

I've worked at PHMG for nearly a year and have really enjoyed my time here. Everyone works hard and is very professional while still maintaining a great atmosphere in the office. There are lots of social events like work nights out and the summer/Christmas parties. There are also lots of perks like getting beauty treatments in the office and free gym memberships.

The best place I’ve ever worked

If you’re looking for a career, to progress and to be pushed to your fully potential, I recommend PHMG. I love working here and with the massive growth and change in the Client Services department, anyone that wants to be challenged should consider a role. They’re a progressive and forward thinking company that actively encourage its staff to seize opportunities in furthering their career with the company. I work with some of the nicest most driven and most talented people I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing and I think everyone’s commitment to their job speaks volumes of how much we all love working here.

Pros

Great perks - nights out, in house barber & beautician, free gym membership, bar in the office, too many to mention! / OTE are realistic / fun, young office

Cons

If you’re not willing to put in the work, this isn’t the place for you

people were great

my work involved lots of travel and learning which pleased me. My role was to compliment the sale of a product which meant I was required to think autonomously and make decisions and provide the very best outcome for my customer. I say (my) customer which meant that I took ownership of the installation.

The perfect place to start a long career

I joined PHMG straight out of university four years ago and I think that the fact I still love coming to work every day speaks volumes. Seeing how much the company has grown and evolved has been really exciting to watch, and I believe now it's the best it's ever been. They've recently opened a new wing in the Manchester office and all the creative teams now sit together for the first time. I only wish this had happened sooner, because the buzz on the floor is really exciting – and I already feel like our work is improving as a result. The perks on offer are great, and new ones are being introduced every year which makes me feel like my future is really being invested in. I do think that creative wages are still behind the rest of the company and this needs to be addressed to retain the talent in these teams. But overall, I think PHMG truly is the perfect place to start a career, and if you put in the hard work, you'll always be justly rewarded.

Great place to work with a great atmosphere

I have been working for PHMG for over 6 months now and I love the role as well as the people at the business. In my role as an Audio Brand Consultant, there is never a typical day due to the fast paced nature, there is always variety. I have learned the value of customer service. Working with C-level Exec's across the world is a great experience and really makes you feel like you are making a difference to the journey of companies across the world. The Work place culture is very much Work Hard, Play Hard. Those that come to work hard will get rewarded in a number of manners. Those that want an easy ride need not apply! With a Perk for nearly every area of life, PHMG certainly work hard to reward their staff.

Great place to start a career

I have been working at PHMG for several years and I cannot think of another place comparable to this. The staff are heavily rewarded with opportunities to earn extra money with constant commission and incentive bonuses throughout the weeks and months. There are countless amounts of perks to keep the staff motivated which range from free gym memberships down to a bar and a games room in the office. There are simply too many perks to list here, but when you look at all of those that have been implemented, it is quite clear that the company heavily invest in resources to keep the team's morale high. To put PHMG in a nutshell, if you work hard then you will be rewarded generously. If you are looking for a place to do the bare minimum, this place probably isn’t for you.

Pros

Great pay, mental health support, life insurance, amazing training and development, personal growth and progression opportunities, on-site barber and beauty salon, on-site car valet, healthy vending machines, entertainment room, free gym membership

Cons

Unable to work from home, low number of holidays, capped commission (not applicable to sales departments)

Rewarding

A rewarding company to be a part of, a hardworking office culture leads to many internal promotions and opportunities. Understanding and fair management helps the team lead a healthy work/life balance. Generous incentives put in place and targets to help reach your maximum potential. Training courses, work events and team nights as well as a long list of ‘PH Perks ‘create a fun and friendly environment to work in. Constant company expansion and change makes the role more interesting and keeps you on your toes. In summary, if you put the hard work in and show your ability, you will rewarded and valued.

Fun, creative environment!

I started at PHMG almost 4 years ago as a Junior Copywriter. I was really impressed by the talent of the creative department, but soon noticed most of my colleagues felt overlooked in favour of the more competitive sales side of the business. Still, the opportunities that PHMG offered for a copywriter made it more than worth everyone’s while to stick around, and the fun atmosphere that fuelled the department was an added bonus. As the company has grown, these opportunities have only got better, the team bigger, and the company a little more connected. As a department, we’ve gained experience writing for every industry imaginable – both in the UK and America, among other countries – including some pretty impressive brands. We’ve had more recognition for our role in the company, and there’s also a clearer path of progression – complemented by perks and parties that give the entire company an excuse to celebrate together every six months. While I still think there’s work to be done in terms of levelling the playing field and giving our senior writers reason to continue growing and developing in the company, PHMG is still a really great place to work – both for its opportunities and the people behind it.

Sociable

Sociable company culture. Great staff parties and own company bar. Help is always given when needed to help you improve within your role. No work life balance when working US hours and it’s not as fun working late night. Very understanding and accommodating to personal matters.

Pros

Training and help, understanding management.

Cons

Long unsociable hour working US shifts which is suitable to some.

Great place to be and a fun working environment.

I have worked at PHMG for nearly 2 years full time. I can honestly say that PHMG is the best company I have worked for. The directors and managers really invest in their staff. Pay and incentives are great. The harder you work the more your rewarded. There is great job security as we are ever expanding into new territories as the world's market leader in Audio branding. Over all a great company from top to bottom and can envisage myself being here for the foreseeable future.

Pros

Exellent progression, pay and working culture

Cons

If your not willing to work hard this company is not for you

A Winning Mentality! With a great Company Culture!

A great place to be if you are willing to do the work and want to be the best at what you do. I handle some of our biggest clients and brands. I lead myself on my customer service, expectation/relationship management, lead times, attention to detail, quality of work and ability to bring on new business consistently. If you do not have a winning mentality, strive for success, perfection and attention to detail in everything you do. Then this is not the place for you. A corporate yet creative atmosphere. I mean we are an Audio Branding/ Marketing Agency.

Pros

Company Perks, Colleagues, Working environment, Management, Commission structure

Cons

Long hours, must always meet all KPI's

Great place to work.

I have worked at PHMG for 2 and a half years and it's been an amazing journey. The culture of the company and the talented people I work along side are the reasons I work here, not to mention the earning potential and career progression. Like all interviews you have doubts especially when you are told the earning potential and career path available, I took a chance and it's paid off, high earnings and a number of promotions later I soon realised I was in the right place to strengthen my career.

Pros

High earnings and clear career paths.

Cons

Unsociable hours but you get use to them.

Unique company culture

PHMG has a very unique company culture, the organisation wouldn’t be the same without its employees. We enjoy a whole host of ‘PH Perks’ throughout the year, which are always welcome. Both Christmas and summer works dos are fantastic. As a copywriter, my role changes every day. One minute I’m writing about a car garage in America, the next it’s a hotel in the UK. The sectors we work in are so diverse, so it’s always an engaging experience. The company has recently introduced a comission scheme, rewarding the amount you write. The result is a healthy competitive environment.

Pros

Great company culture

Cons

Salary is one of the lowest for copywriters in the UK

Amazing benefits and salary with lots of hard work

An absolutely fantastic place to work. No two working days are the same, each bringing fresh challenges in a rewarding and positive atmosphere. Since starting in 2011 with no B2B sales experience whatsoever, I have been trained and helped to progress first to a Team Leader and then to a Sales Manager. It's been a pleasure working here, although very challenging at times. The managers are uniformly committed to improving company and individual staff performance, and as they are almost exclusively promoted from within, they have each built up the requisite skill sets to help their teams excel in their chosen areas. In a genuinely friendly but professional office culture, all employees have the opportunity to advance to senior management levels, if they are willing to put in the hard work. Whilst the Sales aspect of the job is certainly not easy, the financial incentives in place make it one of the most rewarding departments to work within. Not a company to work for if you are afraid of a challenge, but certainly one that will repay your efforts if you are willing to work hard improve daily.

Pros

Wages, accessible and approachable Directors, training, gym membership

Cons

Extra work outside office hours is essential to succeed

A good place to work

Well, it has been a while since I came to Manchester and to PHMG. I have to say that sometimes it has been difficult, getting used to another country, another way of life and culture, but also, it has been so exciting, enriching and fun. When I joined PHMG I already had a long experience behind me, the result of having worked for different companies before. Even so, I have grown both as a professional and as an individual here, participating in so many different and interesting projects, always using the latest available technology. Nowadays, I am still learning new things as the complexity of business processes increases along with the rapid expansion of the company. Anyway, what really makes the difference for me is the support I have always received, especially since my little one was born, as every day can be a challenge. PHMG understands the importance of family and definitely helps when you need it most.

Progressive and exciting company who reward talent

I have worked at PHMG for 7 months and have found it to be an extremely professional and exciting company. There is a work hard, play hard culture and the company gives you everything you need to be able to achieve this balance. From a structured and fun training and introduction process to numerable company benefits such as a barber and beautician on site along with games rooms and a bar to cashback and company discounts. There are glamorous social events, regular team nights out and charity events to bond with your colleagues. This company recognises and rewards talent and hard work and there are lots of opportunities to progress. This company is growing quickly and there are exciting times ahead at PHMG.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PHMG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7Job security/advancement
  • PHMG
  • Manchester
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?