Phillips 66 Employee Reviews

Good Company
Fixed Equipment Reliability Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sweeny, TX 7748022 April 2018
Phillips 66 is a good company to work for. People can work in a team environment with the more seasoned employees assisting the younger new hires. Lots of checks and balances to ensure work is done in a timely and efficient way.
loved working there
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Osceola, IN21 April 2018
The job was good, fast paced, friendly co-workers, you have to love the day to day customer service or it would not be a good fit for anyone. You have to have a smile daily
Pros
over time
Cons
no real breaks
First time working at a gas station and i loved it!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO20 April 2018
I would recommend it to everyone, i had no experience when i applied for the job but they gave me an opportunity where i stayed for almost 4 years i loved it!
Fast paced, long hours and no breaks.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Garrett, IN16 April 2018
Fast paced environment many different racial backgrounds. Management never available. Pay was minimum. Only good thing was customer relationships that you would build and become friends.
Never got a break. They did give you free food and a drink while you were on duty.
Pros
Free drink while on duty.
Cons
No breaks, most likely worked alone with no relief to use restroom ect.
Efficient and well rounded environment
Administrative Professional (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OK12 April 2018
Phillips 66 takes pride in its name and so do the employees. Everyone works together towards the same goal while the management takes pride in seeing you move forward with your career goals.
easy peasy
Cashier Part-time Hourly (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KS9 April 2018
a typical day day would be getting to work , counting the drawer then just assisting each customer whether it be register, or with finding an item. the hardest part would of had to been taking the trash out when it's raining , easiest is the complete shift.
Great job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ripley, TN2 April 2018
This was probably one of my favorite jobs. My manager was amazing and would work around my school schedule, which was great. I didn't like working the night shifts, but I did because my manager needed me to some days.
Pros
Customers and manager
Cons
Stressful
work at Phillips 66
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Belle Chasse, LA2 April 2018
It was a great place to work. If tasks required more than one operator everyone helped out as a team. Senior operators helped out when needed or when a tasks needed to be discussed when not understood.
Generally, I knew what had to be done concerning the normal operations of the unit. The management and workplace culture was pretty collaborative. the hardest part of the job was the work hours at times and the best part was the salary and benefits.
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
work hours
My old boss Shane is still my friend
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, AR31 March 2018
It's a pretty tedious job but it was a mostly great experience I had there. I didn't really learn much from this job, well, save the personalities of the regular customers I served. That was about the only fun part of the job.
Contract, with Phillips.
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Montana27 March 2018
Contractor. As a contractor, you get noting from Phillips 66, just count yourself lucky to have a job. During turnaround expect 13 days straight, 12 hrs a day, unless your relief is late, then add another 2 hrs.
The security crew is awesome, yes bad people in the crew, but that belongs to management.
Pros
Its a Job
Cons
depends on your contract.
Non union chemist
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Rodeo, CA21 March 2018
This job doesnt pay well overworks chemists doesnt hire them off contract for years and does not appreciate college graduates. This company has a strong union and chemists are not part of it you might pick up some wet chemistry experience if you need it.
People's Company
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OK20 March 2018
Collaborative work environment with lots of people willing to work with you to achieve organizational goals. Well defined PMO practices with all necessary checks and balances in place
Great company to work for
Industrial Hygiene Intern (Former Employee) –  Borger, TX19 March 2018
I was surrounded in an environment of learning something new everyday. I was challenged to apply what I learned and to make improvements. I enjoyed the collaborative work culture and safety culture.
Pros
Free lunches for interns
a Large corporation with great benefits
CONSTRUCTION FIELD REP (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX17 March 2018
Phillips 66 is a large corporation with excellent benefits. The salary wasn't the most competitive but the benefits made up form the low/ medium salary.
fun
Manager (Former Employee) –  blue speings mo15 March 2018
Would recommend. Great customers. Fast paced. Good opportunities for business related opportunities. Great team work and bosses understand circumstances.
Pros
great customers
Cons
short breaks
Don't work at Gas Stations if you have any options
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CO14 March 2018
I eventually got fired because I just hated selling cigarettes and gasoline. If you don't already hate the oil industry, do your research. They are killing the world for a buck. Otherwise, it was just another low paying job and if you're desperate for employment, I know they are stable at least. That's about it.
Phillips 66
Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX10 March 2018
Phillips 66 is a good place to work. For a company with the resources and ability to hire the best it is not one of the best places to work in corporate America. You can expect world-class benefits and above average pay. There is opportunity for those that "show-up" to work, but opportunities are limited when you do not have a four year degree. There are the typical corporate issues with departments and BU's working in silo's. Communication and expectations are fuzzy. Some associates get by while others give their best. There is a process for employee goal setting and performance review, however an employee's rank for pay increase at year end is pre-determined prior to the year-end conversations and the year-end discussion is not very helpful for personal improvement nor does it reflect the work done during the year. You are not measured on your contributions, but you are measured against others in your pay grade. Promotions are given in title and there is no salary adjustment for assuming extra accountability and responsibility. When considering a transfer within the company you are told you would be more valuable if you were hired-in instead of transferring. i.e. If selected for the job you would be paid more money for the same work and same experience.
Pros
Benefits, retirement, pension
Cons
Inconsistent management of personnel. High turnover.
Relaxed environment, perfect first job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Centerville, IA8 March 2018
Relaxed environment, great benefits and hours, a perfect job for a first time job. Easy to get the hang of and very friendly and accommodating staff and management.
Pros
Free lunch, Free drinks throughout shift.
Cons
no set break times, often slow paced
Summary
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GA27 February 2018
All good jobs to have. Tasks are interesting
work day 7 AM 3 PM overtime a lot. busy most days. small plant works is best, get to know others and see personalites
Big Company Politics
Trader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX26 February 2018
Typical day is be available 24/7
I learned from this experience that you are a number at a large company.
Management are looking to cover their job and do not care about the employees of the company
it is a company that wants to have meetings and not get anything done. If you work hard to make the company money there are people that will go on a "Witch Hunt" to eliminate your position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phillips 66. Our community is ready to answer.