Philips Employee Reviews

Fun place, where you can be your self
Receptionist, conference planner (Former Employee) –  Budapest, PE14 January 2016
I have been at the reception desk, my duties was to take care of the mails, welcome the client, schedule them appointments ( or direct them to the right place at the company )

Later I had opportunity, to gain experience as a conference planner. My duties was to set up the rooms for the conferences, make the catering order, design the room for the conference.
Learning is an everyday experience! Open your mind!
Lead Hand Facilitator / Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON10 November 2015
I always try new things! I look forward to new products that come out and get involve as much as I can.
Knowledge is power and the more you know the more doors will open to bigger and better things!
You meet different people and share your thoughts and experiences!
Pros
New Products that come out!
Cons
Company has closed!
Excellent company to work for
Pricing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON21 September 2015
Wonderful co-workers and fast paced environment. The learning is continuous and everyday provides a new challenge. There are plenty of opportunities to grow as an individual, team member and enhance your skills.
Personal Response Associate - Toronto,ON. Canada
Personal Response Associate (Former Employee) –  North York Office, Ontario30 August 2015
Personal Response Associate for Philips 'Lifeline'.

Philips overall might be a great company, but their 'Lifeline' division is lacking in so many ways.

Overview of Position:

Responding to "emergency" alarms, although 95% of them are false alarms. Will spend the majority of the time talking about low batteries, trouble shooting technical issues with devices or marking down false incoming alarms. The software applications are outdated, complicated, and tedious to use. Would expect something better from such an 'innovative' company. Loud environment, you sit side by side with other operators. No individual seating, desks, or privacy.
The North York office only have about 12 desks, clustered into one tiny corner of the office. Personal Response Associates a.k.a. "PRAs" are at the bottom of the food chain at Philips Lifeline. Customer Care (CSRs) is considered a promotion which you will not even be qualified for until you complete their 3 levels of certifications, which you can only take every 6 months.

Management:

Unprofessional management team(Toronto/North York Office). The manager and supervisors will not treat you as an individual. They will make little to no effort to accommodate you, they will say one thing to your face and do the complete opposite. They say they encourage and value staff suggestions, this is also not true. They may even penalize you for giving your opinion on a matter they did not want to hear.

Pay:

Below standard. Smaller companies pay more for the same line of work. Allotted vacation time is also below call-centre standards.
  more... Benefits provided on first day of employment, however it is a very standard and basic care package.

Advancement:

Management will tell you that, based on their own experience, they were able to advance within a matter of months (beginning as a PRA). This is simply not possible, since you are only able to advance after completing 3 certifications, and each certification is taken 6 months apart. They tell you everything you want to hear, but it is simply not true on paper.

Overall, the location, management style and pay for this position is subpar.
Pros
Benefits on first day of work
Cons
Management, low pay, few incentives, monotonous tasks.
Great Advancement
Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON28 August 2015
Pros

Smart, hardworking people, good managers, training is available, benefits are very good, work is interesting, culture is pretty good

Cons

The reorgs were tough on morale and left some of the remaining employees with pretty heavy workloads. Prob best for the business long term though Salaries are not great

Advice to Management

Upper management was very good and quite open to listening to new ideas
Overall a good company for work
Deputy Manager R&D (Current Employee) –  New Delhi5 June 2015
I was with Philips for past eight years. This is very good company to work with. Also the brand name is very impressive.
The work day were very interesting.
I have learned all about technicalities in electronics engineering here.
Management is very co-operative.
Interesting place to work
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Boisbriand, QC15 April 2015
Philips is undergoing major changes in the Lighting section.
Some of the changes are not all satisfying for the customer, however as a Manager I am able to keep the staff in good spirits and make our customers understand the situation and keeping then with Philips.
Pros
salary
Cons
the present situation with closers of plants
Productive and safe workplace
Quality/Regulatory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON22 February 2015
Philips is an excellent place to work. No two days were the same and there was always something new that I was learning. Management was very supportive of development goals.
Fun and productive work place!
Shift Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2015
I love working for Philips Life. Such friendly and helpful staff. It's reassuring to be able to help save lives on a daily basis.
Nope
Bilingual Personal Response Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2014
The benefits were good but there was little room for advancement and the management didn't care as much for us.
Productive and a fun place to work
Accounts Receivable Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2014
I loved going to work every morning because my typical day at work would incorporate everything I was passionate about. This included interacting with my co-workers, helping customers efficiently, taking on projects and/or tasks as assigned and committing to completing them well in advance of the deadline, analyzing issues and finding the root cause, identifying gaps between departments or within the department and aiming to close them. I loved every part of my job.
Fast-paced and driven environment with friendly colleagues
Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON24 September 2014
- Very lean organization
- Multiple task everyday
- Engaging and friendly environment, colleagues often go out for dinner or lunch
- Great people to work with, they are very open-minded and resourceful when you need help
Productive and fun workplace with great management
Electrician Assistant (Co-Op) (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON7 September 2014
A typical day at work would include performing electrical duties for customers at their residence.
I've learned how to wire receptacles, light fixtures, and switches to panel boxes in residential and industrial buildings. I've dug trenches, ran triplex cable from transformers to panel boxes, and I've learned how to use many different types of tools.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the team members. I enjoyed going to work everyday, not only because of my interest in the electrical field, but mostly because of working with Scott and Allan. It was always a fun, productive working environment.
Pros
Learned lots and always had fun!
A great company to work for! I enjoy complete autonomy.
Home Service Representative/Technician (Current Employee) –  Massey, ON to St. Joseph's Island, ON3 June 2014
My position at Philips Lifeline is as a Home Service Representative/Technician. As such, I am considered a contractual employee. My supervisor is the Production Manager.
I report to HSR support with date and time of appointment I had scheduled with the subscriber. A work order is emailed to me, and I contact the subscriber and book a mutually convenient appointment to either install or service Lifeline's equipment.
There was not a typical day at work. Every day was different.
My co-workers are the response centre team; people I usually only got to know over the phone, but we have a great working relationship!
I really enjoy working with people and the majority of my clients are seniors, who I find delightful, and given my time spent in the Veterinary field, if the subscriber has any pets, I consider that a bonus! The hardest part is trying to convince these people that Lifeline is there to help them and it is not because they are "old" or can no longer be independent. I call it Auto Club for your home.
Pros
Being able to arrange my own schedule
Cons
Sometimes not being busy enough, therefore inadequate income, as I am paid per job.
Great Place to Work
Database Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON30 May 2014
The Director was very welcoming and encouraged me to go beyond my limits.
fun environment with sanitary work and eating stations.
Data-Quality Associate (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2014
Every work shift I would be responsible for the input of more than 100 profiles into onto a database for clients. I would also answer calls for clients who needed to make changes to their accounts.
Pros
Gained customer service skills
great company to work for
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS22 February 2014
people orientated company , very good management , good benifits
Pros
good training
Cons
Great place to learn the fundamentals of consultative selling approach
DENTAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 January 2014
Philips is a good company to work for. The organization really focuses on the core fundamentals of the sales approach.
work under pressure
Philips electronic shavers (sales) - Taiwan (Former Employee) –  Taiwan8 January 2014
learned how to communicate with varies consumer and different type of superior. Responsible for checking inventory everyday.Understand function of each electronic shavers. The hardest part is to convince consumer that our products is the best. The enjoyable part is to reach the goal set by company.
One of the nice workplace due to nice people
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  M077 January 2014
My daily routine is to check and analyze all data for reliability test (New qualification / configuration) after stress and doing electrical testing. To make sure that all the limits is within the spec. before to proceeding into next time point of stress. And reporting to device owner / engineer about the lot intervals. I've learned on how to do failure analysis, data analysis, and on my 1st to 6th months of worked I've learned on how to troubleshoot, do corrective action, PM (preventive Maintenance) in Rel lab machines. The hardest part of my job is when the machine need to do maintenance. Cause you need to pull out a 100 plus kilos of tray inside the chamber with help of other MT's of course. Another hardest part is when all reliability lot will come all together in a single day. Regarding to my co-worker I have no problem about them and they don't have problem about me either cause were happy and enjoyed to jobs. And if we have any misunderstanding related to work we speak it out to resolve the issue. About the management they also approachable and paired to all employee. Of-course the most enjoyable part is when our department having team building, that's the time we do sharing and team up,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philips. Our community is ready to answer.