Philips Employee Reviews

Busy and stressful
Personal Response Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON4 February 2018
Back to back alarms and management doesn't seem to care much for employees. The pay is not worth the stress you get from the job. Little to no room for advancement in the company.
13 February 2018

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to share some of your thoughts and feedback here. Feel free to also share it with your manager. Of course, we’re always looking for ways to improve as an employer, so your review is of great value to us!

Fun environment
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2018
Philips Lifeline provides a comprehensive product with emergency response . I have been worked at accounting department. Great mission and very dedicated staff.
Great career learning and opportunity, recommend to any young starter.
4 January 2018

Thank you for your recommendation! We're happy to read that you had a great experience in working as an Accounting Assistant at Philips Lifeline. Thank you for all the work you've done for us.

I loved my job there
IT Data Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC20 November 2017
My work there was very interesting an had a lot of variety, I also had oppor0rtuntiesto work from home. If I ad the chance I would still work for Phillips.
23 November 2017

Hi there. We appreciate the enthusiasm! The door is always open, you know? ;) Thanks for writing your review.

Nice company to work for.
Apprenticeship (Various project) (Former Employee) –  PK7 November 2017
Your time will be worth once you get paid.
very good opportunity for someone to work as a electronics or mechanical or electrical engineer.
Union based.
9 November 2017

Hi, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re happy to hear that you’re well compensated and that you’re satisfied with the opportunities the job brings with it!

Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2017
Philips equipment helps save lives so I am very proud to be part of the organization. I would definitely recommend Philips to those who are looking for great meaningful employment.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
not much room for career advancment
2 November 2017

Hi there, thank you so much for your kind words and we're very happy to have you on board!

the point of this job
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC6 October 2017
saving lives every day, you will feel like a regular superhero. dealing with elderly and ppl that needs assistance, you need to have a big heart, this is not just a call center, focus and empathy is needed
12 October 2017

Hi, we think you hit the nail on the head here.:) Thank you so much for all the work you've done and for the heart you've put into doing it!

Great work environment
Corporate Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON1 October 2017
This is a world-class environment, with great benefits and high-standards job expectations, as well as excellent compensation. Although in the Markham area, which would make it a bit far for commute, the work is absolutely worth it.
Pros
Great Benefit
Cons
A bit far from GTA
Inspire place to work at with vision for healthcare
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  NL22 September 2017
Open workplace culture enviorment .encouraging to express open mind and enterprunership thinking.A culture that is developing a winning mindset, Taking ownership and team work.
6 October 2017

We appreciate that you've shared some insight in our working environment. I'd like to wish you all the best in your career with us.

fun workplace, may activities with the company, field trips, Xmas party. ect...
IT Data Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Lachine, QC12 September 2017
Very interesting. some stress involved but altogether a great job.

Easy location, great hours. Very good company benefits. Learned many thing because of the variety of the job.

sometime the jobs would bomb and then you wait for it to be fixed. That could take up to 4 hrs depending on the problem.

Month end and Year ends are also stressing. All in all very good.

On call 7/7 because of the nature of the job.
Pros
Because of the hour you caould wear casual dress or jeans.
Cons
on call n case some one needs to talk to you or you have to go in.
14 September 2017

Hi, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! We're really glad to hear that you've been enjoying being a part of our company and that you learned a lot on the job. We can imagine that hard work brings stress along with it sometimes. Please know that you can always talk to your manager about that if need be. Thanks again for your review and for all the hard work you've been doing!

Lifeline
Customer Response Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2017
Philips may be a great company, lifeline section of Philips is not a good company. Pay is bad, goals are often unrealistic, not flexible, not a good work environment in general.
31 August 2017

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. It's sad to hear that your experience at Philips wasn't the best. I do wish you all the best in your further career!

This is a very friendly company.
Customs and Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON18 July 2017
This is a European culture company. Workers take care of each other. Lots of rooms to learn and grow. Good management team.
Location is very good. Big dinning room. Fair pay. Nice environment.
Pros
Big and bright lunch room.
Cons
This company shrinked a bit lately. Work head count is not stable.
27 July 2017

It sounds like you enjoyed your time working for our brand! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us and we hope you found another awesome job in the meantime.

Very Stressfull
Personal Response Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON8 June 2017
This job is very stressful and pays really poorly considering the responsibility of the job. The hours are terrible and the work environment is always tense.
22 June 2017

Thank you for sharing this feedback as well. It does sound like your experience unfortunately has been less than stellar. I wish you the best in all your endeavors from here on out.

Quality-Regulatory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON29 May 2017
Good place to work if you have a family/kids.
Good benefits.
Micromanaged.
Compass Group on site.
Good work-life balance.
Possibility to work from home.
Productive and friendly workplace
Warehouse person (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON6 February 2017
I was able to adjust to Philips quite easily. In just a few months, i had befriended co-workers and I was able to create a smooth team ethic as we worked throughout the day. My supervisor and Manager were both respectable individuals and I enjoyed working with them. The most difficult part of the job was not the work itself, but the temperature of the warehouse in the summer.
I really enjoyed myself at this company and if it wasn't for department closure, I would have most definitely have still been employed there.
Fantastic work environment
Bilingual Parts Order &Tech. Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON25 January 2017
Fantastic work environment, very professional, continuity of training sessions, Friendly management, there is a big chance for the career growth with Philips healthcare.
Cons
very professional
4 May 2017

Hello, we're glad to hear that you enjoy working on healthcare with us and thanks so much for the 5-star recommendation!

customer response associate
Customer Response Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2017
Very stressful environment. Training extremely intense...too much required for such a low payment. Too much expected. Would not recommend this job at all. Very little opportunity for advancement.
Trainer and direct management very harsh.
Pros
Nice office space
Cons
Stressful. Training expectations very high. Extremely low pay for all the learning required.
2 March 2017

We regret hearing about this from a former colleague of ours. Although we do appreciate you sharing your concerns with us through this channel. It's a pity that you didn't like this job but we wish you all the best in your future career.

Medium
Integrated Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON7 December 2016
It has good things. Most people are nice. With all of the changes going on it just turned out not to be for me. Learnt a lot, had a good time in the office, travelling, etc.
Pros
benefits, cafeteria
Cons
boring, high stress
Good workplace
Integrated Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON20 October 2016
Philips Lighting is a great company to work for. They care about employees and offer them great benefits, vacation days, discounts and much more,
Pros
Benefits, Discounts
Cons
Large workload
Het leukste van de baan
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Team leader14 October 2016
Goed samenwerken en leuke collega's met toffe sfeer.
Dat gaf een leuke gevoel om te werken.
30 December 2016

Bedankt voor je beoordeling van je voormalige plek bij Philips. Erg fijn om te lezen dat je het goed naar je zin hebt gehad, en dat je goed kon samenwerken met leuke collega’s. We hopen dat je een leuke nieuwe uitdaging hebt gevonden, en wensen je hier veel succes bij!

Fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON7 September 2016
Philips is a fun and loving atmosphere. I have learned a lot and met good people. People are always willing to help when in need.
Pros
Good people
Cons
parking space

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philips. Our community is ready to answer.