Philips
Coronavirus update
Information from Philips:

Philips Employee Reviews

Canada85 reviews
Love working with the clients!
I am a Contractor with Philips Lifeline and set my own hours. I love the flexibility of that! When I receive an order, I contact the subscriber and make an appointment with them for installation.

Great company to work with!
Pros
Flexibility with your own schedule
Cons
Only part-time, not alot of hours
12 March 2020
Hi and thanks for sharing! We’re proud to see we’re able to offer you a flexible working environment where you feel you’re in control of your time. Thanks again and all the best for now!
Excelente empresa
Es una empresa en un gran proceso de crecimiento que me hubiese encantado seguir pero por motivo de traslado no se pudo quedó agradecido por el trabajo que me brindaron
Don do it
Management is arrogant, they do not provide any support with you are new, people does not work as a team, you have to be kiss a.... to growth in the company
16 April 2020
Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts on working with us. I'm sorry to hear how you feel about the management and how business was conducted in your experience. We always aim to create an open working environment, in which you should feel welcome at any position. It's much appreciated that you've lend us your feedback. I do want to wish you all the best in your career from here on out.
Colleagues are really good
Traditional management. But, you will find very friendly environment. US teams are dynamic but not in Canada. New ideas are not well come much all the time.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
no job security
12 March 2020
Hi, and thanks for sharing. We can imagine that a clear and interactive working environment is part of what makes the job rewarding, so we’re glad to receive your feedback on your time with us here. We’re happy to see you had a good time with your colleagues, and hope you’ve got a good time ahead of you as well. Thanks again, and all the best in your future career!
Very Disorganised
Very disorganised, lots of back orders,poor communication from the USA.
Canada has NO say at all, decisions come from the USA, old technology. Philips is only progressive in the Healthcare field by buying other Companies.
3 March 2020
Your review on here is much appreciated. However it's unfortunate to hear how you feel about all of this. Regardless of your experience with us, we do hope to learn from this review. Please know that our managing teams read these pages as well, in order to stay on top of things. I would like to wish you all the best in your future endeavors. Best wishes!
Productive and rewarding
Fast paced environment, can be stressful at time, can be repetitive. Growth within the response centre is only if tenure employees leave. Overall an okay place to work for a stepping stone to your career.
3 March 2020
It's appreciate that you've taken a moment to share a couple of points relating to your experience working with us as Supervisor of Operations. I hope your time with us has been educational, and I wish you all the best in your career from here on out.
Bad Place To Work
This is a terrible place to work they have NO structure, people do and get away with whatever they want. They tell you it’s one way in training and then when you’re on the floor it’s COMPLETELY different. They base EVERYTHING on favouritism. The pay is NOT enough for everything you have to do. There’s a FEW good people working there but, the rest I can’t say that about.
2 January 2020
Hi there, what a pity to hear you weren't all that happy with your former job with us. We appreciate your feedback regarding the training and the compensation. As upper management is active on this platform too, you may consider your review duly noted. Thanks so much for taking the time to share this and we wish you all the best with your career!
Overwork / Underpay
Management seems no intention of addressing issues in Shipping department - mainly workload and hourly rate of Shipper helper. There's this vietnamese shipper who feels like as if he is the leadhand - abusing his seniority, always pushing the new ones on a day-to-day workload instead of helping the team.
2 January 2020
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to write down some of your experiences with your former job at Philips. We regret hearing that you weren't completely happy with the mentality of the management. Your feedback about this is highly valuable. Since upper management is active on this platform too, it won't go unnoticed. Again, thanks for sharing your experiences here. All the best with your career!
Avoid working at any entry level positions
The company itself is a bit of a mess. There was a very high turnover rate in regards to management. Regular employees were not always treated with respect. The company took advantage of all the temp. employees who were promised full time positions after 6 months but that almost never happened. Dress code with excessive for sales/service employees who would be tucked away in a cubicle answering phone calls 99% of the day. Another negative factor was how management refused to update our CRM system to something more modern like Salesforce. We were forced to use a CRM system from the 90s called Powercerv, which essentially made tasks take twice as long. This was when the system was actually up and running. The system would crash at least 5-6 times a week.
Pros
Decent benefits, discounts on employee store
Cons
See review
19 December 2019
Hi and thanks for sharing this with us here. We’re glad to see there also some positive notes, but your main points of concern are duly noted. We can imagine that these aspect can be fairly frustrating, so it good that you bring these up here so we can see how we could improve. That’s always very much appreciated. Thanks again for taking the time to write out your thoughts, and all the best in your future career.
Work atmosphere depends on which department you work in
I worked in several departments, some are very fast paced and can be stressful, while other are more relaxed. The response centre and customer service departments are non stop calls and stressful.
19 December 2019
Hi there, and thanks for pointing this out. We can imagine that different parts of the company have different cultures, due to the nature of the job. Of course, if it’s due to something else, we’d love to hear about that as well, to see if there’s anything we can improve upon. In any case, thanks again and all the best!
Toxic workplace
I worked at Liifeline for almost a year. My advice is only work there if you have no other options. Low paying salary, poor management, hours are all over the place, no opportunities.
12 December 2019
Hi there, many thanks for sharing your experiences here. We regret hearing you weren't happy at all with your job. This feedback is highly valuable to us as we aim to be a good employer. As upper management is active on this platform too, your feedback won't go unnoted. We hope you have found a nice job now and wish you all the best with your career.
Enjoyable workplace
People that worked at Philips were really nice, people there were really outgoing. Overall it's a enjoyable workplace to be in. No one brings negative energy to work.
14 November 2019
Hi there, thank you for leaving your review on Indeed. We're glad that you're using these positive, warm words to describe your experience working for Philips as Personal Response Associate so far. Happy to have you on board!
Productive and fun place to work for.
Productive and fun place to work for. It has very nice, friendly culture, where people can enjoy working and developing. Good benefits and pension plan.
10 October 2019
Hi there, thanks so much for sharing some insights on your job with us here. Great to hear you're overall happy working for Philips. We wish you all the best with your career!
Fast paced
Very little opportunity for growth, very fast-paced environment. Most of the team leaders are very willing to help team member achieve goals. Some of the higher management and other departments put too much stress on the response centre. Definitely not for someone who prefers to work at a slower pace.

The evening team has a much better team dynamic than the morning team, however the shift hours can get in the way of everyday life.
Pros
Potlucks, fun contests, free snacks
Cons
No weekends, no holidays off as it is a 24/7 centre
10 October 2019
Hi there, thank you for sharing some of your experiences as a Philips employee. It's a pity to hear that you feel like there's not a lot of opportunity for growth and that the environment is very fast-paced. Your feedback is most welcome, and won't go unnoticed since upper management is active on this platform too. We do recommend discussing these points of improvement with your HR manager as well, as he or she is in the right position to address this on your behalf. We wish you all the best with your career!
micro managment and no bussiness planing
Area service Manager has no technical experience and no business planing.
she keeps changing the idea and strategies as she doesn't have any knowledge and control of team and she is not fit for this position.

company is so sensitive and micromanagement is observed.

service engineers are attributed like small employee who is under pressure from management and customer.
5 September 2019
Hi, and thanks for sharing your thoughts with us here. We’re sad to see you’ve not been having a good experience working with us, but we appreciate the feedback. We can imagine how such a work environment could cause challenges, so please know that management is also active here and taking notes. Again, many thanks for sharing, and all the best for now.
Stressful work environment
Male management were fair and great to work with. Female management were unprofessional and had absolutely no people skills. Except the overnight female manager, she was genuinely nice. I watched Co-workers leave in the middle of a shift never to return. Enter at your own risk. Benefits were the only thing good about the job.
28 August 2019
Hi there, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences here. It's regrettable to hear that you weren't completely happy with some of the managers you encountered during your time with us and that you felt like the work was stressful. We wish you a fruitful career, hopefully your next experience will suit you better. :-)
Definitely recommend as a place to work and develop skills. Time management is key. Each day has new and different challenges. Never boring. Great place to work.
28 August 2019
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences here. Great to hear you're happy working for Philips. We wish you a fruitful, thriving career with us!
Dynamic atmosphere and great place to work. Every day is different. The workplace culture is open and inviting. Definitely recommend. Time management is key.
22 August 2019
Hi there, great to hear you enjoyed working for us. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences here and we wish you all the best with your career!
Productive and fun working place.
Great people to work with. Lot of room for advancement. Work environment was very positive. Great Management - HR as well as Office Administration. Finally best place to work.
15 August 2019
Hi there, we're glad to hear that you've had such a great time working for our company and that you got to work in a great team. Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm here with us. We hope that you've already found or will soon find another challenging position that is to your liking. All the best in your future endeavors!
Bad Experience.
a typical day at work : normal
what you learned : a lot of stuff

management : VERY BAD

workplace : small

the hardest part of the job : stress of not reaching our daily goal.

the most enjoyable past : Leaving at the end of the shift
Pros
Agents we were amazing
Cons
BAD Journey with PHILIPS LIFELINE MONTREAL.
25 July 2019
Hi there, thanks for sharing. We’re sad to see that you don’t feel like you had a good experience working with us. Please know that management is also active here and taking notes for improvement, so thanks again for writing out your thoughts here. For now, we’d like to wish you lots of success in your future career.
Customer services
Overall good company but avoid the order management team.

High turn over, not professional at all.

more than 3 weeks to have your access very annoying.

Not a good memory of this team.
Pros
compass on site
Cons
lack of professionalism
4 April 2019
Hi there, thank you for sharing your experience as Philips employee here. We regret to hear that you don't look back at your time with our company with satisfaction. We're continually striving to improve as both manufacturer and employer and we'll make sure to duly note your points of feedback. We wish you all the best in your professional career.