Philips Employee Reviews

Found 63 reviews matching the search See all 2,933 reviews
Very stressful job
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2018
Very stressful job with very low salary, resulting in heavy turnover. Evening shift ends at 1100 pm, very hard to commute if you have no car specially in winters
Pros
Good perks
Cons
Evening shifts
22 November 2018

Hi there,

Let us start by thanking you for sharing a few words about your former job at Philips. We regret hearing there were some aspects you didn't like. We hope you have found another challenging job in the meantime and we wish you all the best in your professional career.

Diversified product categories had entered electronics category after leaving Canada for five years
National Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 September 2018
Profit from hospital and education sectors was very good. Profit in electronics was dependent on how they positioned at retail in USA
Trying to establish a brand after leaving Canadian market twice was difficult but brand was top of mind.
Pros
Great company behind you, well established name and funding
18 October 2018

Hi there, thank you for saying a few words about your time at Philips. I'm happy to hear that you've been working proudly for our company; thank you for the hard work! I wish you all the best in your professional career.

Multicultural and friendly
Home Service Network Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2018
It was very friendly atmosphere at philips that makes you really comfortable while working. You don't really feel the hirerchy there. Also they train you really good for all job requirements.
18 October 2018

Hi there, a good work culture is of high value to us; I'm happy to hear that you've had such a great time at Philips. Thank you for sharing this with us and all the best in your professional career!

Call center environment; Good training and supportive management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC24 August 2018
Pharmaceutical company with a call center for customers wishing to repair and return medical devices. Lots to learn and non-stop phone interactions (call center). Positive and helpful management with good working conditions.
Pros
Pleasant, clean, modern working environment.
Cons
Very detail oriented and sometimes complicated.
18 October 2018

Hi there, I'm glad to hear that you've learned a lot during your time at Philips and that you've received a lot of support from the management of your department. Thank you for sharing your experience as a Philips employee here with us and all the best in your future endeavors!

Nice and Busy environment
Personal Response Associate (Current Employee) –  North York, ON15 July 2018
A good learning experience. environment is very friendly and you can still relax while being very busy all day. A lot of opportunities comes up and a lot of opportunities to upgrade
Pros
Overtime always available
26 July 2018

Providing our people with a rewarding career experience is very important to us, so it's great to hear that you're recognizing the opportunities to develop and upgrade. Thanks for being a part of our mission and taking the time to leave your thoughts here!

Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 June 2018
I work in the Lifeline Canada division of Philips. You will find that most employees have worked here for many years and it's a very "work family" like environment.
Pros
Great and friendly staff.
Cons
Response Centre work can be stressful .
5 July 2018

Thanks for submitting your review! Feedback from employees is appreciated.

Ok place to work
Configuration Engineer/Product Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC8 June 2018
Too much pressure, very good staff, Management keeps changing every 3 years and other changes come in which affects everyone. Too far from city and too much traffic.
14 June 2018

Hi there,

we appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us here. We hope you have found another challenging job in the meantime. Wishing you all the best in your professional career.

Good ppoeple to work with
Landscape Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2018
I want to learn new skillls and work hard and met new people and make a life out of it. To make my parents proud! To be a good role model to my younger brother and baby sister.
7 June 2018

Hi there. You sound very ambitious, we like that a lot! We hope Philips can help you become the role model you were destined to be. ;) We're glad to have you with us and keep up the good work!

Marvelous Company to work
manager Accounts (Former Employee) –  Sindh30 March 2018
Learned a lot during whole tenure of Service and the working environment was very good.The Company gave me opportunities from the very first day to work independently and in close supervision of my seniors, which gave me extra energy and confidence .
Pros
Amazing inter-departmental relationshipl
Cons
Every thing was fine
daily task of work
Personal Response Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2018
answering incoming calls and writing down notes from calls. get the help that my customers need. help customers to troubleshoot equipment. meeting daily target.
13 February 2018

Hi, we greatly appreciate your feedback. We’re glad that you shared it here!

Busy and stressful
Personal Response Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON4 February 2018
Back to back alarms and management doesn't seem to care much for employees. The pay is not worth the stress you get from the job. Little to no room for advancement in the company.
13 February 2018

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to share some of your thoughts and feedback here. Feel free to also share it with your manager. Of course, we’re always looking for ways to improve as an employer, so your review is of great value to us!

Fun environment
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2018
Philips Lifeline provides a comprehensive product with emergency response . I have been worked at accounting department. Great mission and very dedicated staff.
Great career learning and opportunity, recommend to any young starter.
4 January 2018

Thank you for your recommendation! We're happy to read that you had a great experience in working as an Accounting Assistant at Philips Lifeline. Thank you for all the work you've done for us.

I loved my job there
IT Data Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC20 November 2017
My work there was very interesting an had a lot of variety, I also had oppor0rtuntiesto work from home. If I ad the chance I would still work for Phillips.
23 November 2017

Hi there. We appreciate the enthusiasm! The door is always open, you know? ;) Thanks for writing your review.

Nice company to work for.
Apprenticeship (Various project) (Former Employee) –  PK7 November 2017
Your time will be worth once you get paid.
very good opportunity for someone to work as a electronics or mechanical or electrical engineer.
Union based.
9 November 2017

Hi, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re happy to hear that you’re well compensated and that you’re satisfied with the opportunities the job brings with it!

Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2017
Philips equipment helps save lives so I am very proud to be part of the organization. I would definitely recommend Philips to those who are looking for great meaningful employment.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
not much room for career advancment
2 November 2017

Hi there, thank you so much for your kind words and we're very happy to have you on board!

the point of this job
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC6 October 2017
saving lives every day, you will feel like a regular superhero. dealing with elderly and ppl that needs assistance, you need to have a big heart, this is not just a call center, focus and empathy is needed
12 October 2017

Hi, we think you hit the nail on the head here.:) Thank you so much for all the work you've done and for the heart you've put into doing it!

Great work environment
Corporate Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON1 October 2017
This is a world-class environment, with great benefits and high-standards job expectations, as well as excellent compensation. Although in the Markham area, which would make it a bit far for commute, the work is absolutely worth it.
Pros
Great Benefit
Cons
A bit far from GTA
Inspire place to work at with vision for healthcare
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  NL22 September 2017
Open workplace culture enviorment .encouraging to express open mind and enterprunership thinking.A culture that is developing a winning mindset, Taking ownership and team work.
6 October 2017

We appreciate that you've shared some insight in our working environment. I'd like to wish you all the best in your career with us.

fun workplace, may activities with the company, field trips, Xmas party. ect...
IT Data Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Lachine, QC12 September 2017
Very interesting. some stress involved but altogether a great job.

Easy location, great hours. Very good company benefits. Learned many thing because of the variety of the job.

sometime the jobs would bomb and then you wait for it to be fixed. That could take up to 4 hrs depending on the problem.

Month end and Year ends are also stressing. All in all very good.

On call 7/7 because of the nature of the job.
Pros
Because of the hour you caould wear casual dress or jeans.
Cons
on call n case some one needs to talk to you or you have to go in.
14 September 2017

Hi, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! We're really glad to hear that you've been enjoying being a part of our company and that you learned a lot on the job. We can imagine that hard work brings stress along with it sometimes. Please know that you can always talk to your manager about that if need be. Thanks again for your review and for all the hard work you've been doing!

Lifeline
Customer Response Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2017
Philips may be a great company, lifeline section of Philips is not a good company. Pay is bad, goals are often unrealistic, not flexible, not a good work environment in general.
31 August 2017

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. It's sad to hear that your experience at Philips wasn't the best. I do wish you all the best in your further career!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philips. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K