Philips Employee Reviews

Found 68 reviews matching the search See all 3,013 reviews
Philips offered strength of a global brand
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2019
Terrific learning ground in a solid company with amazing products.The work atmosphere was friendly but the company was obsessed with rigid process management supporting a generally weak management team.
Pros
great training
Cons
risk averse management
24 January 2019

Hi there, thank you for saying a few words about the time you've had at Philips as Director of Marketing. We're happy to hear that this has been a good one. Of course, we're always open to improvement, so your feedback has been duly noted. We wish you all the best in your professional career.

Very stressful job
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2018
Very stressful job with very low salary, resulting in heavy turnover. Evening shift ends at 1100 pm, very hard to commute if you have no car specially in winters
Pros
Good perks
Cons
Evening shifts
22 November 2018

Hi there,

Let us start by thanking you for sharing a few words about your former job at Philips. We regret hearing there were some aspects you didn't like. We hope you have found another challenging job in the meantime and we wish you all the best in your professional career.

Call center environment; Good training and supportive management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC24 August 2018
Pharmaceutical company with a call center for customers wishing to repair and return medical devices. Lots to learn and non-stop phone interactions (call center). Positive and helpful management with good working conditions.
Pros
Pleasant, clean, modern working environment.
Cons
Very detail oriented and sometimes complicated.
18 October 2018

Hi there, I'm glad to hear that you've learned a lot during your time at Philips and that you've received a lot of support from the management of your department. Thank you for sharing your experience as a Philips employee here with us and all the best in your future endeavors!

Lots of potential
Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON12 January 2019
A changing company that needs to get headed in the right direction, room to grow with a global leader in healthcare. As the company is transforming there is a tremendous amount of opportunity.
17 January 2019

Thanks for sharing some input in regards to our mission. I certainly agree there is a tremendous amount of opportunity!

Always Something New
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON22 November 2018
Working for this company was very interesting as I got to learn so much about lighting. With the knowledge I gained from my training I was able to engage with customer with full confidence that I was representing one of the best LED, and Halogen lights company on the shelves.
Pros
Paid lunch hour
Cons
Solo Work
29 November 2018

That's just lovely to hear. We're happy to hear you learned a lot and that you were able to put that knowledge to practice. Thanks for sharing your review!

One of the best European company well known all over the world.
Senior Purchasing Agent & Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 January 2019
Philips is a Dutch multinational technology company headquartered in Amsterdam, one of the largest electronics companies in the world, currently focused in the area of healthcare and lighting. It was founded in Eindhoven in 1891.It was once one of the largest electronic conglomerates in the world and currently employs around 74,000 people across 100 countries.[7] The company gained its royal honorary title in 1998 and dropped the "Electronics" in its name in 2013.[8]
Philips is organized into two main divisions: Philips Consumer health and well-being (formerly Philips Consumer Electronics and Philips Domestic Appliances and Personal Care) and Philips Professional Healthcare (formerly Philips Medical Systems). The lighting division was spun off as a separate company, Signify N.V. (formerly Philips Lighting prior to 2018). The company started making electric shavers in 1939 under the Philishave brand, and post-war they developed the Compact Cassette format and co-developed the Compact Disc format with Sony, as well as numerous other technologies. As of 2012, Philips was the largest manufacturer of lighting in the world as measured by applicable revenues.
Pros
Very well organised great company.
Cons
Some time it takes a while to be promoted to a higher level.
17 January 2019

Thanks for your review all the way from Montréal! It's appreciated. :)

Diversified product categories had entered electronics category after leaving Canada for five years
National Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 September 2018
Profit from hospital and education sectors was very good. Profit in electronics was dependent on how they positioned at retail in USA
Trying to establish a brand after leaving Canadian market twice was difficult but brand was top of mind.
Pros
Great company behind you, well established name and funding
18 October 2018

Hi there, thank you for saying a few words about your time at Philips. I'm happy to hear that you've been working proudly for our company; thank you for the hard work! I wish you all the best in your professional career.

Fun environment
Personal Response Associate (Current Employee) –  North York, ON5 February 2019
friendly and professional place, good hours, very flexible.
taking real time emergency alarm in a fast pace environment.
great friendly co-worker, helpful support.
7 February 2019

Hi there, great to hear you are a happy employee of our company. It's great to have you! Thanks so much for sharing your experiences here and all the best in your career.

Ok place to work
Configuration Engineer/Product Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC8 June 2018
Too much pressure, very good staff, Management keeps changing every 3 years and other changes come in which affects everyone. Too far from city and too much traffic.
14 June 2018

Hi there,

we appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us here. We hope you have found another challenging job in the meantime. Wishing you all the best in your professional career.

Good ppoeple to work with
Landscape Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2018
I want to learn new skillls and work hard and met new people and make a life out of it. To make my parents proud! To be a good role model to my younger brother and baby sister.
7 June 2018

Hi there. You sound very ambitious, we like that a lot! We hope Philips can help you become the role model you were destined to be. ;) We're glad to have you with us and keep up the good work!

Want to know more about Philips?

Ask a question
Multicultural and friendly
Home Service Network Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2018
It was very friendly atmosphere at philips that makes you really comfortable while working. You don't really feel the hirerchy there. Also they train you really good for all job requirements.
18 October 2018

Hi there, a good work culture is of high value to us; I'm happy to hear that you've had such a great time at Philips. Thank you for sharing this with us and all the best in your professional career!

Busy and stressful
Personal Response Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON4 February 2018
Back to back alarms and management doesn't seem to care much for employees. The pay is not worth the stress you get from the job. Little to no room for advancement in the company.
13 February 2018

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to share some of your thoughts and feedback here. Feel free to also share it with your manager. Of course, we’re always looking for ways to improve as an employer, so your review is of great value to us!

Nice and Busy environment
Personal Response Associate (Current Employee) –  North York, ON15 July 2018
A good learning experience. environment is very friendly and you can still relax while being very busy all day. A lot of opportunities comes up and a lot of opportunities to upgrade
Pros
Overtime always available
26 July 2018

Providing our people with a rewarding career experience is very important to us, so it's great to hear that you're recognizing the opportunities to develop and upgrade. Thanks for being a part of our mission and taking the time to leave your thoughts here!

Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 June 2018
I work in the Lifeline Canada division of Philips. You will find that most employees have worked here for many years and it's a very "work family" like environment.
Pros
Great and friendly staff.
Cons
Response Centre work can be stressful .
5 July 2018

Thanks for submitting your review! Feedback from employees is appreciated.

Great Advancement
Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON28 August 2015
Pros

Smart, hardworking people, good managers, training is available, benefits are very good, work is interesting, culture is pretty good

Cons

The reorgs were tough on morale and left some of the remaining employees with pretty heavy workloads. Prob best for the business long term though Salaries are not great

Advice to Management

Upper management was very good and quite open to listening to new ideas
This is a very friendly company.
Customs and Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON18 July 2017
This is a European culture company. Workers take care of each other. Lots of rooms to learn and grow. Good management team.
Location is very good. Big dinning room. Fair pay. Nice environment.
Pros
Big and bright lunch room.
Cons
This company shrinked a bit lately. Work head count is not stable.
27 July 2017

It sounds like you enjoyed your time working for our brand! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us and we hope you found another awesome job in the meantime.

A company that makes it difficult to advance.
Customer Service Agent for Western Canada (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 February 2013
Philips Montreal was not an ideal place to work.
I was there while the company was in the process of shutting down its last Canadian plant.
Therefore, the uncertainty made for a toxic environment.
This pressure was not made any better by the red herrings that were often planted by senior management officals.
It is very difficult to be a productiver person when once does not know where the product is being made or serviced.
Pros
the work was always steady.
Cons
the company shut down of the plant created a negative culture.
the only sales representative and responsible for Canada's territory
National Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Canada19 April 2016
working independently and reporting directly to the director of sales, I was responsible for the promotion and sales of their Hearing Aids product line, to audiologists in hospitals, clinics, and direct sales to dealers across Canada.
the hardest part of the job was covering the vast territory. My most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and dealing with my customers, the competitive but fun environment, and representing the company with various trade shows.
fun workplace, may activities with the company, field trips, Xmas party. ect...
IT Data Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Lachine, QC12 September 2017
Very interesting. some stress involved but altogether a great job.

Easy location, great hours. Very good company benefits. Learned many thing because of the variety of the job.

sometime the jobs would bomb and then you wait for it to be fixed. That could take up to 4 hrs depending on the problem.

Month end and Year ends are also stressing. All in all very good.

On call 7/7 because of the nature of the job.
Pros
Because of the hour you caould wear casual dress or jeans.
Cons
on call n case some one needs to talk to you or you have to go in.
14 September 2017

Hi, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! We're really glad to hear that you've been enjoying being a part of our company and that you learned a lot on the job. We can imagine that hard work brings stress along with it sometimes. Please know that you can always talk to your manager about that if need be. Thanks again for your review and for all the hard work you've been doing!

Marvelous Company to work
manager Accounts (Former Employee) –  Sindh30 March 2018
Learned a lot during whole tenure of Service and the working environment was very good.The Company gave me opportunities from the very first day to work independently and in close supervision of my seniors, which gave me extra energy and confidence .
Pros
Amazing inter-departmental relationshipl
Cons
Every thing was fine

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philips. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K