Pharmasave

Pharmasave Work-life balance reviews

Clear
3.3Pay & benefits

Professional, exciting company to work for.

By far the best company to practice pharmacy with. Neighbourly is the upcoming pharmacy to be with! Culture and management beyond any I have been associated with in over 25 years. Professionally managed, adequately staffed, rewarding working environment, mentally stimulating, professionally rewarding. Worked for several different operators and this is by far the best! So happy to be on board.

Pros

Awesome culture

Cons

Nothing to dislike

Fun and respectful

easy people to work with. pick up deliveries and take to customers that was the extent of my day at this employer. i do not know what else to say about this

Natural health advisor

Pharmasave is a great place to work. The staff are really what makes it great, it feels like a family who are so supportive and compassionate. The customers are QUITE the mix of people, some are so pleasant, making deeper connections with each other and having great laughs; others are miserable and take it out on you. This place makes you stronger, that’s for sure!

Pros

Fun, inventive, connections

Cons

Poor pay

Productive and fun workplace

Great team environment, very helpful in career development, lots of training provided. Lots of support from regional teams, customers are always number 1.

Busy lots to learn

While this was just a summer job, it was a job where I learned a lot and had fun. when it is busy it is really busy. however, sometimes it can be really slow.

Working here is great

I am enjoying my job choices. The people here are great to work with and make you feel part of the team!! Smart staff and they help you when you need or ask for it!

It was fine to me there was never a problem I liked it Tbh I didn't mined the work boss was nice customers were nice easy going smooth relaxing environment I always came to work with a positive attitude

Pros

1 hour

Cons

1 hour

Pharmasave Manager change during my employment

The first manager that was there when I started was a safe comfortable person to talk with and the staff seemed to work well together. I enjoyed working with the people and I found them to be intelligent, kind and caring for all their customers, genuine and accurate skilled workers. THE BEST to learn from and work with.

Cashier work, stocking shelves, lotto retail. all easy. Arrive to the job punctually, dressed well and clean. Take your breaks on time, live long and prosper.

Great company to work for. They really care about your work/life balance. Very reasonable hours. Great working conditions. Would highly recommend. Thank you

Jobs at Pharmasave

See more jobs

Great at being a pharmacy but not at management

Increases promised but not upheld. Very disorganized. Slow to post schedules which makes for difficult life work balance. Good that uniform is provided. Good opening and closing times. Sunday closed.

Overall a very fair employer and great environment!

Pharmasave was a great place to work. The employers were very kind and fair to the employees, tried to work around their schedule, and made it a very comfortable environment.

Independent pharmacy much more variable than corporate pharmacies.

Independent pharmacies that vary in size and scope and management policies. Wages and benefits vary and working environment also according to owner operators.

Poorly managed and understaffed

I did the job of two techs and for 14 per hour and I have six years experience. Management confused, stock was a mess. I only stayed a couple months until I got a better job with competitive pay.

Pros

Discount was nice

Cons

Long hours, unorganized

Unprofessionalism

No benefits and long hours with a single break if you're lucky. Poor inventory management. Owner is very unprofessional ignoring customers to take personal calls on cell phone. Lack of interest in employees, treated more as a disposable commodity. Extremely busy and pay is not worth the stress and lack of work/home balance.

Pros

Small town community and regular customers

Cons

Everything else

Fun, awesone employees and managers to work with

I enjoy working at this place because both managers and employees are very kind to work with we have staff events we have built bonds with eachother and have meaningful relationships with eachother which makes is a much more fun place to work

Pros

I enjoy the work i do

Cons

I feel like i work even when im not at the store

productive and fun environment

it was fun working at a pharmacy, the team was so good helpful, I learned how to deal with the stocks and replenishing .some times deal with the customers. the enjoyable part was always lunchtime when we always share our foods.

Pros

lunches

Cons

Productive and fun place to work

I learned how to deal with certain situations I would not normally be put in for example; when a customer is rude to stay calm and listen to what they have to say and then come up with ways that will work things out and if not to get the manager to come and help, I also learned how to work a cash register and lottery machine. the management for Pharmasave was good, they would listen well to things that were a problem and helped fix them as well and understanding when you needed to change your shift or if you weren't able to make it to your shift.

Pros

flexible with schedule, safe environment to work in, management and co workers were all polite

Cons

short hours, not enough work days

Family run

Working in the family business was a really good way to start a job. I learned lots of situations and how to handle each of them differently. It made me into the person I am today.

can be stressful

Working in a pharmacy can be very demanding; But it can be very rewarding. Having customers who return to the pharmacy just to visit you is worth it. Downfall is long hours and no room for growth.

Pros

freelunches

Cons

good company , decent and respectful owners

As important as good will is , it is not enough to run a pharmacy especially for someone who is a non Pharmacist a serious mindset change is urgently in order.

Pros

Reasonable working hours

Cons

low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pharmasave. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement