Pharmasave

Pharmasave Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.3Pay & benefits

Pharmasave

The people I work with are very friendly and cooperative. The company accommodated me according to my schedule because I have little kids. However the pay is not enough and their annual raise is very minimal

Not a good place to work!

Since ownership has changed it has gone from a family based company who were always there to talk about issues and concerns to a corporate run I don't care about any of our employees. It all comes down to the bottom dollar apparently no matter how short staffed and over worked you are, management says there are no hours to be had for any other employees so they look good to the corporate owners by keeping cost and wages down, and heaven forbid you actually get benefits and wage increases after years of work.

Don't bother

Avoid it at all cost. Better benefits, salary and staff at any other pharmacy in town. They treat their staff like a number. Absolutely no career advancements.

Could be a fun work environment

They need to realize people have a home life as well. Pay isn't up to industry standards. Turn over is high due to low wages. Family environment and staff is very close.

Independent pharmacy much more variable than corporate pharmacies.

Independent pharmacies that vary in size and scope and management policies. Wages and benefits vary and working environment also according to owner operators.

Poorly managed and understaffed

I did the job of two techs and for 14 per hour and I have six years experience. Management confused, stock was a mess. I only stayed a couple months until I got a better job with competitive pay.

Pros

Discount was nice

Cons

Long hours, unorganized

Unprofessionalism

No benefits and long hours with a single break if you're lucky. Poor inventory management. Owner is very unprofessional ignoring customers to take personal calls on cell phone. Lack of interest in employees, treated more as a disposable commodity. Extremely busy and pay is not worth the stress and lack of work/home balance.

Pros

Small town community and regular customers

Cons

Everything else

Nice place to work part time (my experience)

Great customers, friendly place to work. Work is actually fun. Management is caring and professional. Additional benefits even for part time employees.

Pros

Positive friendly atmosphere.

Cons

No parking onsite.

Easy but boring workplace.

I really enjoy my time at pharmasave the management was great and a lot of interesting customers. Although times could be quite boring and you find yourself staring at a wall. Job adavncement wasn’t there nor salary increases.

Pros

Management and good coworkers

Cons

Long days

good working environment

workplace is good,cooworkers are helpful,minimal pressure of work...management is excellent..... this is what i want to say.i love working here.

Pros

coffee breaks

Cons

no coffee break in 5 hour shift

Jobs at Pharmasave

See more jobs

productive and fun environment

it was fun working at a pharmacy, the team was so good helpful, I learned how to deal with the stocks and replenishing .some times deal with the customers. the enjoyable part was always lunchtime when we always share our foods.

Pros

lunches

can be stressful

Working in a pharmacy can be very demanding; But it can be very rewarding. Having customers who return to the pharmacy just to visit you is worth it. Downfall is long hours and no room for growth.

Pros

freelunches

Great family atmosphere.

Great people to work with. Very professional atmosphere, reasonable hours. Was a place to feel like you were helping your community. Management was helpful and present when needed. Great for someone who can self regulate.

Pros

Hour long lunch break.

Cons

No benefits

good company , decent and respectful owners

As important as good will is , it is not enough to run a pharmacy especially for someone who is a non Pharmacist a serious mindset change is urgently in order.

Pros

Reasonable working hours

Cons

low pay

overall good

good place to work for if you have no young kids, hours are manageable, not so many benefits. great starter job to gain experience and work place knowledge.

fun

great to work for. Clean working environment. Fast pace. Low wage and benefits not given to part time employees. Flexible hours. No parking and no lotto machine.

Bad management/bad work ethics with most coworkers

This is the worst company I have ever worked for. Nobody works well together. Manager hasn't dealt with any of the staff issues we have had over the last 3 years that i have been working here

Pros

Paid benefits/birthday off with pay/ shop at store and only pay cost fie items

Cons

No one gets along

Management Matters.

The management you directly work under is extremely important. I am very lucky my superior at my location sets not only high standards for themselves but also for its techs. They teach part time at a established school so are always up to date with the pharmaceutical world. It's a little linear and regimented the work you do, but I always punch out of my shift feeling good and satisfied with the work I did. Locations are individually owned, so salary is varied, but despite my lower pay I stick around. Good management keeps good employees.

Great place to work!

Good job security and room for advancement. Plus benefits for full time employee and a great staff discount! Over all a pretty good company to work for.

Poor management

The manager will promise you 40 hours and give you 7. Be aware. The pharmacists will also try to get you fired in any way because they don't like working with teens although I worked very hard from the first day.

Pros

Get free scrubs

Cons

No hours

boring

staff was good, just got boring after awhile. same issues every shift, same old stuff every time, decent for a highschool student but could not stay there any longer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pharmasave. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement