Pharmasave

Pharmasave Management reviews

Clear

my summary

I personally love working here. It's usually pretty quiet and you get to know the customers really well. Management is decent, though can be very nit picky! Overall, I thoroughly I love this job and can honestly say I enjoy going to work! The store discount is also super great!

Pros

Good hours, nice co workers, calm enviroment, store discount

Cons

Management Expectations

Professional, exciting company to work for.

By far the best company to practice pharmacy with. Neighbourly is the upcoming pharmacy to be with! Culture and management beyond any I have been associated with in over 25 years. Professionally managed, adequately staffed, rewarding working environment, mentally stimulating, professionally rewarding. Worked for several different operators and this is by far the best! So happy to be on board.

Pros

Awesome culture

Cons

Nothing to dislike

Not a good place to work!

Since ownership has changed it has gone from a family based company who were always there to talk about issues and concerns to a corporate run I don't care about any of our employees. It all comes down to the bottom dollar apparently no matter how short staffed and over worked you are, management says there are no hours to be had for any other employees so they look good to the corporate owners by keeping cost and wages down, and heaven forbid you actually get benefits and wage increases after years of work.

No room for growth

The management company who took over only cares about money not their employees.Suitable for students or anyone who is okay with huge responsibility and low wages.

Productive and good place to work at

For the most part, there is always something for every employee to do whether that's facing, markdowns, helping customers, etc. Management is very nice and easy to get along with, they are fairly relaxed on rules and schedules, I am currently working at Pharmasave as well as another place and they balance the schedules very well.

Pros

friendly environment, good hours

Excellent

i havr been with pharmasave for 3 years now and all the staff and management are very kind and helpful have been alot of relationships with regulars

Wonderful staff, great if starting out for a job

Typical day would be helping customers with their needs. I learned about digital photos, computer software and a sense of respect for my peers. The management is very kind, and does consider their employees well being. The hardest part was leaving, to try something I had thought would be my niche. The staff made this a wonderful place to be.

Worst company ever

I worked there for 6 years and was emotionally abused by the owner on a daily basis.Nobody at head office would believe me so he kept getting away with it.When I finally had enough and had a total mental breakdown I called work safe and filed a complaint.

Pharmasave Canada

The job was amazing until new management was hired. The new manager was not understanding, quite disrespectful and uncompassionate. The other employees were great, kind, compassionate, respectful, and understanding.

Management was a nightmare

Management at this Pharma-save location was a nightmare, they didn't know how to treat their employees & were constantly undermining their employees. The pay was also horrible

Jobs at Pharmasave

See more jobs

Independent pharmacy much more variable than corporate pharmacies.

Independent pharmacies that vary in size and scope and management policies. Wages and benefits vary and working environment also according to owner operators.

We are a small group of employees, who go above and beyond to satisfy our customers.As coworkers we work well together and respect each other.

Could not be happier with the work environment, we are small team that works well together, and respect each other. We have had long time returning customers, who are very pleased with the service that they receive. The stores kept very neat and tidy to make the shopping experience for our customers a good one. Management is very fair, truly is a pleasure working for this company.

Good environment. Nice and friendly colleagues to work with. Flexible workplace.

It’s a good place to learn and grow. Flexible and not stressful. Wonderful and Jovial supervisor. They are family oriented and give well deserved services to customers(seniors are not left out). Management is well coordinated and understanding. Matured colleagues and are caring and fun to work with!

Poorly managed and understaffed

I did the job of two techs and for 14 per hour and I have six years experience. Management confused, stock was a mess. I only stayed a couple months until I got a better job with competitive pay.

Pros

Discount was nice

Cons

Long hours, unorganized

Unprofessionalism

No benefits and long hours with a single break if you're lucky. Poor inventory management. Owner is very unprofessional ignoring customers to take personal calls on cell phone. Lack of interest in employees, treated more as a disposable commodity. Extremely busy and pay is not worth the stress and lack of work/home balance.

Pros

Small town community and regular customers

Cons

Everything else

Nice place to work part time (my experience)

Great customers, friendly place to work. Work is actually fun. Management is caring and professional. Additional benefits even for part time employees.

Pros

Positive friendly atmosphere.

Cons

No parking onsite.

Easy but boring workplace.

I really enjoy my time at pharmasave the management was great and a lot of interesting customers. Although times could be quite boring and you find yourself staring at a wall. Job adavncement wasn’t there nor salary increases.

Pros

Management and good coworkers

Cons

Long days

Busy Work Environment

As a cashier you can sometimes bounce from one section of the store to the next. The business was short staffed and unorganized so many of the staff members were getting overworked. The management didn't communicate between each other and had a hard time working around your schedule even when it came to important appointments such as a doctors visit.

nice manager and fun people

the management was very good at Pharmasave and the people were very fun to work with. it was a very friendly environment and everyone gets to know everyone else

good working environment

workplace is good,cooworkers are helpful,minimal pressure of work...management is excellent..... this is what i want to say.i love working here.

Pros

coffee breaks

Cons

no coffee break in 5 hour shift

fun work place

I love my managers and co workers everyone works in a safe and fun I am moving from North York to Richmond Hill other wise I don't have any reason to quit

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pharmasave. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement

Compare Pharmasave with

• Pharmasave
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?