Pharmasave

Working at Pharmasave: Employee Reviews

Canada241 reviews

pharmacypharmacistprescriptioncustomerstoreshelfstaffcashier

Pharmasave Brampton

I worked as a pharmacist at a Pharmasave in Brampton. They are all independents so everyone's Experience may be different. The pharmacy I worked at was fast pasced, stressful but very supportive.

Good people

Enjoyed working here. Pay & benefits were not good. Coworkers were great for the most part and enjoyed meeting people. Owner was great and was on site a few times per week

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Min pay

Insights into Pharmasave

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment

Bad staffing and management

There are constantly people talking behind each other's backs, management does NOTHING about it. management plays favourites, problems are swept under the rug and staff are fired instead of dealing with situations properly.

Favouritism towards employees with poor work ethics are completely ignored or excused by management

There is no work-life balance here. You're lucky if you can even get two days off in a row. There are a couple of bad staff members that have poor working standards and don't work well as a team and their unprofessional attitudes are always ignored by management, while hard-working staff members get over-looked and taken advantage of.

Pros

a regular pay cheque. Some amazing staff members.

Cons

Management's favouritism towards the employees with the worst work ethics and horrible hours.

Fun place to work

Everyone is extremely kind and easy to get along with. Customers are relatively the same in a small town so you know everyone. Fair place to work in! I love it

Toxic environment

Very toxic environment. Boss treats people differently . Puts a policy in place but doesn't enforce it even when it makes employee sick. Add more and more responsibility but refuses to compensate.Within the first 3 months I hated it there but stayed 6 yrs until I needed to leave for my own health.

Pros

Cons

No support ... More and more work with no compensation

fun people to work with

I like worked with all the people. was really bussy and shorsa=taffed some times. Gained alot of experience in the field. Didnt pay very well. sold lots of stuff.

Pros

discounts

Cons

bad pay

The owner allowed his wife to run off employees who’d been there for years.

The owner’s wife had been a principal at a Catholic School, but she “retired early for unknown health reasons”. Within 2 months of my hire date 2 longtime employees left. I was accused of “almost costing the company $50” but when I asked for proof of this, I was given a “you’re not a good fit” letter. Since that time other employees have chosen to seek employment elsewhere.

Very positive work environment

Management is very supportive and collaborative. They really understand the importance of family and are supportive of the need to take time off Eben when it isn't necessarily convenient for family matters. It is always stressed that our time away from work needs to be work free and we are not asked to give up personal time for work.

Fantastic Fulfilling Position

My time at Pharmasave was short but sweet, the work was fulfilling and almost always felt manageable. However, your coworkers could make or break the role.

Pros

Fulfilling

Cons

Minimum Wage

Excellent place to work with excellent people

Never would have left if I didn’t have to move. Fantastic place to work with a great group of people. Great place to develop a lifelong career. Employee discount is great too.

Productive and fun loving

I learned so much and had a great time working with a team. Manager/Owner is great. Very helpful and always step ahead to teach you. Training part was amazing. Always encourage you to achieve your goals.

Pros

Free lunches

Don't waste your time

You will never get anywhere ahead so its not worth your while, it's great if you want to stay in a dead end job and be content with that. Raises are not given no matter what you do.

Not enough hours, no job security

I worked at the Greely location for a couple of months. They only gave me 1-2 shifts per week so I didn't make much of an income. The store didn't get enough business and they couldn't afford to give me more shifts so they let me go.

Pros

Easy job

Cons

Very little hours

Check Google Reviews

There was too much miscommunication. They hire those with little-no experience to sort of take advantage of that. For the amount of work that’s expected of you, you are not paid enough. Maybe not me, but the others working there longer than me. There is no chance for advancement either. There is not as much work-life balance as they guarantee, and they don’t seem to like it when you try to set boundaries. Those who did were not treated kindly after that. Check google reviews and see what they say about the people you’ll be working with. It will tell you more than you need to know. I stayed for my coworkers, but we became too understaffed.

Pros

Coworkers

Not a fan.

literally no training, advancements were promised and not given, no training when being thrown into a role that was not as it was presented. Management communication is terrible.

Productive & fun workplace.

I would highly recommend Pharmasave as a delightful place to work. Always learned something new & rewarding. Extremely helpful staff & management. They really appreciate their employees.

Family oriented

The owners were fantastic. Loved my job. My coworkers were awesome! Anytime you needed help, it was there. I think it really depends on the ownership. Your staff will reflect that.

Great first job experience!

Worked here for my very first job when I was in highschool. Good environment for learning and building customer service skills! Would recommend for any young high school students nervous about getting into the workforce!

Pros

relaxed, friendly environment

Cons

slow paced

Nice casual job with great scheduling

After working for SOF for over 2 years, I wanted a change and something that gave weekends off. While working at the post office is a huge learning curve compared to being a cashier, once you get the hang of it, it's straight-forward. They don't change the schedule all the time like my last job did, the management is nice providing you show up for your shifts, and "try" to look busy. It's a fairly small store, can be slow at times, but when there are line-ups you have to be prepared to work fast to get the line moving. Quite often you do have to work alone. Wage was similar to my old job, just above minimum wage.

Good workplace

Started really well but then the change in management ruined it for like a year then it started to get better but again the head management (not store management) we’re very poor and they don’t look after their employees,, all what they care about is store income

Pros

Target lunches

Cons

No bonuses or appreciation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pharmasave. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement