Phantom Screens Employee Reviews

Keep looking
CNC machine operator (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC11 March 2019
People were great .work was easy how ever pay and benefits suck.garbage benefits after a year worked.if your looking for a good job with a future look some where else
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Wait a year for garbage benefits and a minor wage increase thats laughable
Not recommended
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC22 March 2018
High expectations, abysmal pay scale, regular layoffs, no job security, no benefits for a year (if you last that long). Poor training, basically you're given 1 day of training and then it's sink or swim. Within a week you'll be shown a chart to show how far behind quota you are. As mentioned in a previous comment, would not recommend employment with this company to anyone with financial responsibilities.
Pros
Half hour paid break
Cons
Everything else
Better off elsewhere.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC22 January 2018
Low wages, Phantom screens pays far less than comparable companies.

Combining this with high expectations, extremely poor benefits, total disconnect between management and production, a limited path for advancement, and a business model build around annual layoffs makes this company unsuitable to work for by anyone with real world expenses.
Pros
Entry level, good place to build work experience.
Cons
Everything else.
Low pay - high expectations
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC26 September 2017
Phantom wants to hire top talent but their pay scale is quite low. This leads to high turnover and extra stress on those who stay the course.

Training is subpar. The higher ups are out of touch with the production floor even though they are in the same building.

Advancement brings minimal incentives but much extra stress and responsibility.

Hours of work are good and the company tries to do small things - free things - but the pay is low and people don't stay here.
Pros
shift hours are decent
Cons
stress, lack of proper training
Official response from Phantom Screens
28 September 2017

Thank you for your comment.

We are always looking to improve how we do things, so your feedback is incredibly important to us.

We're a fast growing company and with that comes the need for continual improvements across the organization from the shop floor to the management team. Right now, we're recruiting the right people to help drive us forward in combination with making life better for our employees. We're not perfect - but we're working very hard to be a great place to work.

Great experience
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC24 August 2017
Temp position during summer months. Good team, decent hours and pay reasonable. No benefits but understandable for temp position. Good referral program
Great community but low pay overall
Executive Sawyer (Former Employee) –  Operations14 June 2016
Phantom Screens is an enjoyable place to work, but their employees are not adequately compensated for their work or for their loyalty/seniority,
When it was small
Shipping/Recieving Production (Former Employee) –  Canada7 August 2012
I worked at Phantom when it was a very small opperation. For a time I was the only full time production worker employed.