PFG Glass Industries

PFG Glass Industries Employee Reviews

Canada3 reviews
Great environment - great people!
This place is a great job - has great team members and the cleanest and safest place!

Increase in wages don't come after a certain period of time - they are driven by an individual's performance, quality of work, attendance, and punctuality - if any of these are below average (i.e. late to work everyday) then don't count on any more than .25 if at all! Company will pay if you have the work ethic and drive for "Service and Quality beyond expectation".

Has potential for a lot of growth (position & wage) if that is what you are looking for.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Hot in summer/cold in winter - but isn't that the same everywhere?
A typical day at work at PFG Glass is often making your PFG house presentable and professional and swept clean of any broken glass around me. I work on a glass line that supplies Sealed glass units in one of the cleanest glass companies in Canada, I was told beginning in 2009 at this company. Glass breaks every day and all the time!!

A day at PFG involves planning ahead before tackling your tasks as you are challenged to work around others for half of your day. I have learned that a quick pace, a plan in mind and hard work above whats expected of you, gets you respected and appreciated with management and your co workers.

I have cared much for my Employers and have seen to be cared for by them as they have shown me a respect and care over the years. They are not easy men to please, having expectations that are very high and that keeps their business thriving. I am grateful for what I have learned, with discipline and hard work in the challenge to meet them at their level, knowing I am fulfilling what they expect of me and even over the top in the quality of my work giving me personal satisfaction.

I have grown to love working as a team and have respected my co-workers emmensly. So I desire to keep us at peace with one another while we flex to take on tasks and share the load in a fare way that gets more than whats expected done. I have taken the lead often when things are being neglected and managed to keep us together enjoying each other as a team.

Seeing co-workers leave or be let go after some years is the hardest part of my job.

The thing I enjoy most in
 - more...
My co workers along with making your environment orderly and pleasing to the eye.
A typical day of work, I have a plan in place in my mind starting the day, of what tasks need to be completed that are priority and what details need to be taken care of along with those priority tasks.

How to work effectively with one another in yielding or serving considering their pressures and expectations from management. Learning how to work with one another to complete our tasks as a team. I have enjoyed training in safety and maintenance care.

Management has been so good and have built relationship over the years with them as they have displayed a kindness and trust to me.

Co workers have worked well together and I have truly enjoyed working with one another, on even the most challenging days finding we are working better as a team the more time go's on.

Physically the job I do can be very challenging and it makes you appreciate the fact that no gym membership could top my job. Heavy glass piles are picked up daily and thrown in bins and continual work on your feet while moving freely about the company and making sure all is tidy and safe for everyone.

Freely given the trust to work on you own. To make a plan and take on your tasks, gives you feel and motivation to clean as you would your own home. Often the direction of management coming in is very appreciated and needed at often times as well.
Pros
Massage therapy and natural path.
Cons
Tasks with heavy lifting that can cause pain to you back.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at PFG Glass Industries. Our community is ready to answer.
4.7