PetSmart Employee Reviews

Amazing experience.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON21 January 2018
I got to sit there with kitties all day and wrote in my journal between people's visits. It was a relaxing volunteering experience for me, and I'd do it again any time!
Overall working at Petsmart taught me some valuable lessons moving forward in my life.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 January 2018
A usual shift at Petsmart for me was mostly talking to people and scanning their items on cash. On the odd shift I would be walking around the store helping customers find items and answer any questions they had.
Love the animals
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC19 January 2018
I love to work with animals. I was able to cuddle and clean up after them. I swept up and did something I love. I would volunteer there if able to do it again
they get cake a lot
Cash/Customer Service/Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 January 2018
it was amazing to work with all of the animals and it felt really good helping pet parents find proper solutions for their furry friends. I learnt something new everyday. My only issue was in an entire store i was the only person of colour, and it was very clear with a certain manager that she did not like me at all because of that. They also do not care if you are so sick that you are throwing up, and if you dont manipulate people into getting their emails you will get fired. They dont notice or appreciate hard workers either.
Pros
finding cats their forever homes, you literally have to go up to everyone and ask to pet their dogs
Cons
if you dont get emails you cant keep your job, racism
great people to work with
PetCare Associate, Cashier, Dog Bather (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC16 January 2018
Excellent working experience and training for many different fields. Management works with their employees for the ultimate working experience. Would recommend to anyone new to the working world
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 January 2018
Great to work when you get to talk with customers about their special family members. Great training program to learn nutrition and animal behaviour. Chances to travel to see trade shows
Pros
Animals
Cons
Nothing really
I like it!
Professional Pet Stylist (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC10 January 2018
depends on your store, but the managers and staff at my location are amazing. Great pay in the grooming salon, and they send you to grooming academy where you are trained to become a groomer and you get paid:)
Rough time with management
Pet Care Associate/Stocking Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB8 January 2018
Great job for somebody looking to make some cash. Management is poor while i was working and made it hard to enjoy work or look forward to going. Fun job based on tasks at hand.
Great place to work if you love animals
Dog Bather (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2018
Bathed dogs, brushed fur and cut nails. If you want to further your experience you could also register through company to go to academy for "dog grooming training", which includes fur shaving and styling.
Pros
Dogs
Cons
Physically draining
Positive Environment
Customer Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 January 2018
Pet Smart is a great place for students to find part time work while they are in school or for someone who is looking for extra work hours. If you enjoy animals then you would enjoy this position.
Amazing and outgoing enviroment
Early Morning Stocker (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 January 2018
I had an amazing time working at Petsmart. The hours they provided me and flexibility around my schooling really helped me get my education as well as work on the side.
Very fun environment to work. Management is always supportive. Customer service is always exciting.
Merchandise & Inventory Leader (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON4 January 2018
Advancement is always possible within the company. Interacting with customers and pets is always fun and exciting. Every day can feel like a new experience.
fast paced setting
Dog Groomer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 January 2018
fast paced work place, a bit chaotic a times. to many dogs in a day for a groomer to safely Do, while giving the quality and care that pet owners expect.
Pros
free grooming for your dog
Cons
overworked
Was ok
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL1 January 2018
Enjoyed working with all the animals, but management was not the greatest. Didn’t get my hours at all as there was to many employees. Was ganenteed full time but was bearly getting 15hrs a week.
Pros
Working with animals
Cons
Management, no hours
A fun job
Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON20 December 2017
Hard work
Expectations are high
but overall the work, people and customers are fun
The job can be very rewarding

Head office needs to work in the trenches a bit more so they can see and feel their direction and instructions at ground level
Pros
tasks take longer than company standards, breaks are tough to go to when you know you are leaving a job incomplete
Cons
all management is hourly, they should be on a salary
Great Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON18 December 2017
Coworkers, and management make it easy to work. Flexible, work hours, it's great if you're a part-timer and going through school. Opportunities to move up are available to those willing to advance themselves.
Petsmart was a nice place to work until managent started not supporting their staff.
Dog Bather (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 December 2017
When I started at petsmart back in 2015 the location I worked at was upbeat and even when we hit hard times there was still the time when we would come out of the not so nice rutt we had fallen into. But once management changed after the first year and a half we began our decent into the same rutt however there was no coming out of the rutt this year and I saw more and more employees leave and complain about how petsmart is not the best place to work than I ever thought possible.
Pros
You got a discount on your purchases
Cons
No support from management, wolves in sheeps clothing, semi rediculous policys, new rules and rediculous write ups, not a clean workplace.
Terrible Management
Pet Stylist (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 November 2017
7 years ago, when I first started at PetSmart, it was a great place to work. Over the last few years, with all the changes to the company, it has become a nightmare. The management no longer seems to care about employees, and in some cases, even what is best for the animals in our care. All they care about is money, and the environment/ workplace culture definitely reflects that.
Fun job
Dog Groomer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 November 2017
The team of groomers got along well. The pay is not bad. Commission every dog groomed you get 50%. No real raised, though. Overall this company is good to work.
Great place to work if you love animals
PetCare Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  calgary alberta21 November 2017
great place to work if you love animals! friendly and understanding coworkers. i learnt a lot about customer service and the right way to treat and care for customers.