PetSmart Employee Review

Ecellent workplace because of varity of products and services.
Assistant Store Manager/Lead Stock Person (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CA6 September 2012
Opening the store and getting cash drawers counted before leaving the safe room to distrubute them to the 4 registers. Logging in shipments. I learned how to multi-task proficently and and motivate co-workers to stay focused on they're jobs thru praise and a variety of incentives. Keeping supplies in the store most times that all my customers wanted. Serving people the way I loved to be served and watching them smile and compliment the service they recieved in our stores. I pride myself in inspiring co-workers and myself to give smiles first along with great customer service. The employee wins first cause smiling makes you feel good no matter what else may be going on. And customers are much more inclined to buy and return where they feel cared for and served well with a smile.
Pros
dealing with the public.
Cons
not enough employees in the store for customer volume.

Other PetSmart Employee Reviews

Excellent workkplace
Alberta Training Coordinator/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2018
Great company to work for. If you were having a stressful day someone would bring in a little puppy and all would be right again in your world.
The hardest part of the job would have been the staffing/scheduling in order to fit the needs of the associates and business.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the interacting with customers and their pets.
Fun but hard work
Professional Bather (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB9 April 2018
A typical day at work is taking in appointments, bathing dogs, answering phones, taking walk-ins, and assisting your coworkers.

It is very hard on your body with lifting dogs being a big part of your job, as well as repetitive motion and constant bending.

It can be frustrating to constantly have to upsell products, so if that makes you uncomfortable this job may not be for you.
Pros
Being with animals
Cons
Stressful work environment, constant upsell, repetitive motions, lifting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PetSmart. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K