PetSmart Employee Review

Productive and good enviroment with dogs.
Assistant Groomer (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON30 August 2013
My typical day at work involves, bathing and brushing dogs, nail trims and ear cleaning, along with answering the phone and making appointments. My job is very customer service focused. I love working with both dogs and people. I really enjoy the interactions with people and their pets in my job and the ability to aid them in finding or doing what is right for their dog.

Other PetSmart Employee Reviews

Hard Work and Loyalty Unacknowledged
Customer Engagement Leader (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON25 May 2018
Managers were constantly coming and going in the location I worked for, with a lot of them unable to handle the stress and pressures brought down from higher up in the company, There are a lot of policies, many which leave too much work for too few people with even fewer hours. There is very rarely any recognition from managers or district managers towards the staff, which is a shame because those who chose to work there genuinely care about the animals and people they come into contact with every day.

There were often call ins, which made for long hours, many times with people having a hard time getting breaks or having to stay after hours to clean up because of the lack of staff.
Pros
animals, coworkers
Cons
long hours, bad management, high stress, lack of communication
Accepting and inclusive workplace with great chance for advancement
Senior/NIght Petcare Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 May 2018
This company is amazing to employees, the benefits for full time employees are amazing! If you are looking for an inclusive and fun work place, this is perfect.
Pros
great benefits, amazing culture