PetSmart Employee Review

It's in the management
Assistant Store Manager Operations (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CA27 July 2013
Petsmart is a great company to work for. They really CARE about their associates and managers. At times it can be stressful but not all the time. It really makes a difference who your store manager is. I have worked for 3 different store managers and 2 out of the 3 were awesome. The third store manager was not a very good store manager. He was lazy and never kept his word. He would lie to you and always pawned his duties off to us. Overall I loved working for Petsmart. I just think they should really look at who is in management. I also feel like the DM should reach out to the other managers in the store to see how that particular store manager is performing. It's not always by the numbers.
Pros
Working with animals, Helping Pet Parents, Bonus' if you have a nice running store, Most of the management, Atmosphere
Cons
Don't always get a lunch, Support from store mangement- Depends on what store your at, There are not many cons.

Other PetSmart Employee Reviews

productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON23 April 2018
was my first job learned how to deal with the public. Learned how to work a cash register. Management was friendly. The most enjoyable part was working in a pet friendly environment
Pros
ggood experience
Pets don't come first
Pet Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 April 2018
I like most people wanted to work in pet stores to be able to care for animals. PetSmart takes excellent care of it's dry goods but the same cannot be side for its live animals. Store is also extraordinarily clique-y with no room for advancement.
Pros
Animals
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PetSmart. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K