PetSmart Employee Reviews for Stocker

great place to work
early morning stocker (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON19 November 2017
great place to work, friendly employees,Flexable shifts,
I would work there again, a great company with great moral values, always loved seeing the animals in the morning.
alright
Morning Stock (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2017
usually wake up very early to make it for work generally stock shelves without much instruction which is alright. you learn essentially nothing here. its an alright place to work.
great
early morning stocker (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON24 August 2017
§ Safely operate Sit Down Counterbalanced forklift
§ Offload trucks and perform receiving duties
§ Stock shelves and create attractive merchandise displays
Complete fresh product rotation to ensure customer satisfaction
Back breaking work for little recognition
EARLY MORNING STOCKER (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB29 July 2017
Working in the warehouse was sketchy at best. The amount of hours given were awful and there was nothing management could do about it. You were expected to meet goals set out by management and yet it was never enough. The only reason why I stayed for so long was I loved my co-workers (including a few managers) and enjoyed not fighting traffic when commuting in the early mornings.
Pros
Awesome co-workers
Cons
Poor hours
The best job a animal lover could ask for.
Early morning stocker (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON11 July 2017
My time at petsmart was short but very amazing. My supervisors and co-workers were always amazing. I learned so much about retail and customer service. The hours are very flexible. Overall it is a very good work environment.
Really busy and fast paced
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON7 November 2016
I enjoyed working here, but it was a bit much for me. I was an early morning stocker and lifting the heavy bags of food was a bit much to do 4 hours straight with no breaks in the middle. the staff were very friendly and inviting and were always willing to help each other out. this was a great job it just wasn't for me.
Productive a great place to work
early morning stock (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 April 2016
the typical day working at Petsmart is always something new everyday. I learned how to handle different types of animals and how to count inventory. the location was well managed i would work there again if asked the I worked with were great people and very friendly. The hardest part of the job was the over night shifts (9 p.m - 5 a.m) I would say the most enjoyable part of the job was talking to all the different customers that came in and helping them out with what they needed.
Pros
discounts on food for pets and grooming
Cons
over night shifts (9 p.m - 5 a.m)
A Part time Job
Stock/Inventory Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2016
As a full time College student any job that can help provide experience and a friendly environment is always welcome. Its a legitimate corporation that hires the right employees to work for them
Pros
Store Discount
Cons
No background store music making it awkward
Fun Place To Work, So Little Hours
Early morning stocker (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 February 2016
Typical day at work would be 6AM-2:30 Mon-Fri, early morning stocker. Now it's "hey you're coming in on this day and you don't get to say no." I have no hours and they expect you to live off two or one shift a week.
I've learned about different pet products and what's in food, different brand names.
I think management isn't perfect but can definitely be worked on in some areas, for example creating consistent schedules for everyone.
Hardest part of the job is the inconsistent schedule I feel like I'm on call all the time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the pet parents and seeing the live animals everyday.
Pros
Fun work environment with all the animals
Cons
Needs consistent work schedules
petsmart
cashier and general stocks person (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 October 2015
worked as cashier and shelf stocker. got to meet plenty of nice people. was paid for holidays. hourly wage was 11.00 hourly and was paid weekly
Pros
met new people
Cons
long hours while standing
My day at Petsmart.
stocker (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 September 2015
Unload trucks first thing early in the morning. Then with my team i make a plan on who will work each skid and what time it all needs to be completed by. Management was good, always looked out for us and were always making sure we were working safe and telling us how to interact with customers and make sales. Hardest part of the job is having multiple set goals and having them to complete them while offering customers help in the store. Great team.
Excellent work experience in dealing with customer service
Cashier/ Stock person (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON30 June 2015
This job had taught me greatly about organization and working successfully with others. Doing stock has helped me keep organized, while working on cash has taught me a great deal about excellent customer service.
Bad
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB22 March 2015
The management is all over the place (most of the time the managers don't show up), gossip and inappropriate jokes are the only form of communication among the staff, everybody seemingly loves and hates each other at the same time, if you try to avoid all of this you are treated like dirt. One of the worst places to work, reminds me of all of the worst aspects of going to high school.
As a Stock Associate
Stock Person (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 April 2014
The job is quite fun and active, always something to do, never a dull moment. The management is terrible though.
A fun and dynamic work environment
Early Morning Stocker (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON16 April 2013
Even though I have only worked a few shifts with Petsmart, I am learning a lot and working with a great team of people. It is a fun but focused group who have to work together to get products in the store before it opens to customers. I am looking forward to getting more hours and cross training in other areas of the store which may allow me to have more responsibility,
Pros
fun, busy, great team of people
Cons
no cons