PetSmart Employee Reviews for Pet Sitter

Fun place to work, so interesting to meet so many pet parents.
Cashier + Pet Care associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 July 2018
I started working at Petsmart as a cashier, and advanced to a pet care associate after a few months of working there. I really enjoy my managers, however, some of the supervisors are fairly rude at our locations.

I have always loved that Petsmart puts there customers first and get involved in local charities and partner with local adoption agencies. The culture of the company is very family orientated and we really focus on help pet parents/families grow.

I probably most enjoy my time working in Petcare, there is always something to do and pet parents always want to asked you questions. It has really helped me to grow my product knowledge and grow confidence.
Pros
Great staff, some great discounts, fun jobs/tasks.
Cons
Flexibility for hours and switching shifts, hard not to say something to people who don't care for their pets.
great people and good working conditions
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC18 July 2018
Only ideal for students or people looking for very part time work. Hours will fluctuate greatly so not ideal for anyone who has bills to pay. Otherwise a very easy going workplace with overall good working conditions. Hard to have a bad day when you're surrounded by animals.
Cons
minimal hours
to work and to enjoy my time with pets
Pet Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON9 July 2018
i know that pet smart is the greatest place to work in and also working there is fun and the salary is high and it close to my house and i love pets and
Pros
of having free lunch
Cons
6 hour
Not for people who are easily bothered
Pet-Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 May 2018
If you enjoy working with animals, and with people, this is an alright job if you can handle stressful situations well and have a small amount of basic knowledge of owning a pet. However, if you REALLY love animals, and are a strong advocate for their well-being and proper care and treatment, this is probably not a good fit for you. You will witness some ill, injured, and poorly cared-for animals in store as well as customers with pets kept in below-standard conditions. You will have to advocate for the sale of impractical and too-small animal habitats, unhealthy food, and support impulse-buys of live animals.
Pros
flexible hours, good management
Cons
animals in less than ideal conditions
Fired for the dumbest thing possible
Pet Care Associate / Cashier Seasonal (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 May 2018
I really enjoyed working here until new management took over. One by one my co workers started to be replaced because of it. Good hard working people shafted by new management.

When it came to be my turn on the chopping block they fired me for and I quote

"giving fish heart attacks"

Now, what actually happened was: I walked past the fish tanks and one of the 0.13 fish jumped out and died. I picked the fish up and disposed of it, but apparently this event was so " traumatizing" to a customer that they went and complained to " every manager in the store"

To add insult to injury they pulled me away from doing cash on my last shift to clean a door.
Pros
Getting to work with pets
Cons
Garbage management
Pets don't come first
Pet Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 April 2018
I like most people wanted to work in pet stores to be able to care for animals. PetSmart takes excellent care of it's dry goods but the same cannot be side for its live animals. Store is also extraordinarily clique-y with no room for advancement.
Pros
Animals
Cons
Everything else
Fun
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON8 April 2018
Good place to work if you love animals and building a strong bond with customers. You learn a lot about products, as well as pets. Fun energy and potential.
It is a very fun workplace to gain lots of knowledge about animals.
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC24 March 2018
Everyone who I have worked with was rather laid-back in terms of personality. They are hard-working though. Through PetSmart I was able to gain a lot of knowledge about all the pets in our care as well as dog and cat food.
Poor work envirorment
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB3 March 2018
The management has no respect for their employees, they will change hours with no warning or consent. They only feed the animals basic food which leads to them becoming malnourished. Management takes no suggestions from staff.
Pros
caring for the animals
Cons
bad managment
Fun place to work
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON8 February 2018
Fun work environement. Lots of cool products to learn about. Great building relationships with customers and their pets. Good team building job. Enjoyable place to work.
Rough time with management
Pet Care Associate/Stocking Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB8 January 2018
Great job for somebody looking to make some cash. Management is poor while i was working and made it hard to enjoy work or look forward to going. Fun job based on tasks at hand.
Petsmart, Some really great attitudes
Pet care associate (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS11 November 2017
Some of the workers and managers here are amazing but some of the policies are not something that should be in a pet store for the sake of the pet. Some times you have to perform time consuming task while paying attention to all customers.
Pros
Good attitudes
Cons
Sometimes to much responsibilities for 1 person
Great place great people
Pet Care Associate / Stocker (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON24 October 2017
great place to work the crew and management are good but if your good at your job they will expect you to work every second you can. in my experience at least. i worked 15hrs 15 days in a row at one point but i volunteered and loved every second of it. i highly recommend this place as an employer they are an amazing company.
nice place to take a break
Pet Care/Cashier Associate (Former Employee) –  BC27 September 2017
its an okay place for temporary placement, its an easy job, but don't expect too much out of it. Management is nice except the odd manager, otherwise staff is friendly.
opk
Pet Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON21 August 2017
I still think this is stupid and dumb i should not have to do this. I am going to close my accunt with indeed because og how dumb this is STOP THIS NOW
Not Horrible, but not great
Pet-care Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 August 2017
Don't get me wrong, its a great place, the people are great and every thing along those lines. However, due to past experiences and horrible time off request allowance, It can be kind of hard to enjoy it there.
Hardest part of the mornings
Pros
animals
Cons
EARLY mornings
its decent
Pet Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 August 2017
the associates and the animals make the job. most of the managers ive dealt with are a pain and customers there seem to be a little bit crazier than most. but its a pretty decent job over all.
Pros
dogs
Cons
management and short shifts
my opinion
Pet Care Lead (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON6 July 2017
i enjoyed petsmart in the beginning but eventually management changed n the joy i had for work slowly started leaving the job over all is very enjoyable
Pros
staff is wonderul and animals
Cons
management
Lots of fun
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 June 2017
loved working in the pet care department, working with all types of different species of animals and ensuring their proper care throughout the day made the job worth while,
Wonderful Environment
Pet Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON25 May 2017
PetSmart was an amazing company to work for. The only reason I am leaving Ottawa is due to housing and school. I work in the Pethotel, running day camp. I also have duties such as cleaning, feeding, check in's and check out's, and individual care. The management team has been amazing and very accommodating to all of their employee's. I can't express how much I love working with animals everyday. I hope to continue in a field of work with a similar atmosphere and with animals.