PetSmart Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON8 February 2018
Fun work environement. Lots of cool products to learn about. Great building relationships with customers and their pets. Good team building job. Enjoyable place to work.
big ol MEH
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON6 February 2018
Easy enough job, especially so to enjoy! I genuinely enjoyed assisting Pet Parents finding both what they needed and wanted to get the most for their pets! Loved to see all the animals day in and day out and get a first look at all the new products and learn more about them!

Loved learning about the foods and toys in the store!

However management and head office truly doesn't care about it's employees to any sort of degree and has no mercy in it's practices.
As such, I will NEVER return to work here nor even shop here, and as such I'll extend the same words to people I know about what I went through to friends and family about shopping here.

PetSmart has lost both an employee and loyal customer in myself and my family and friends.
Pros
Coworkers very friendly, fun job, easy to pick up and understand.
Cons
Management, little to no hours, head office just doesn't care about you and they never will.
No room to grow into a higher up position, or benefits.
Pet care/groomer (Former Employee) –  Calgary Alberta4 February 2018
The management promise ungiveable things.(hours, benefits, job security)
Management favours others and don't train staff properly.
Not enough training in any department.
Management is guilty of favouritism and unfairness.
I'd given 2 years of my life to this job and I'd never go back.
Pros
The discount on products.
Cons
Management, low hours, no benefits.
Do not work in the north london location
Dog Groomer (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 January 2018
Absolute disgusting behaviour of most staff and complete disgusting behaviour of their manager. So much harassment and mistreatment it's sickening. Even the store manager doesnt care at all if you're being bullied, harassed, or mistreated. It's All about the money. You can even yell at your co-workers and tell someone to go **** themselves infront of the salon and customers and not get written up, just make sure you're pulling in that money, and you can treat anyone any way you want there!
Pros
Dogs and petparents
Cons
Absolutely none
not good
Groomer (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, ON23 January 2018
treated animals like number. always had us rush through grooms which resulted in employees being hurt then getting in trouble because we weren't being "safe"
Amazing experience.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON21 January 2018
I got to sit there with kitties all day and wrote in my journal between people's visits. It was a relaxing volunteering experience for me, and I'd do it again any time!
Love the animals
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC19 January 2018
I love to work with animals. I was able to cuddle and clean up after them. I swept up and did something I love. I would volunteer there if able to do it again
they get cake a lot
Cash/Customer Service/Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 January 2018
it was amazing to work with all of the animals and it felt really good helping pet parents find proper solutions for their furry friends. I learnt something new everyday. My only issue was in an entire store i was the only person of colour, and it was very clear with a certain manager that she did not like me at all because of that. They also do not care if you are so sick that you are throwing up, and if you dont manipulate people into getting their emails you will get fired. They dont notice or appreciate hard workers either.
Pros
finding cats their forever homes, you literally have to go up to everyone and ask to pet their dogs
Cons
if you dont get emails you cant keep your job, racism
great people to work with
PetCare Associate, Cashier, Dog Bather (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC16 January 2018
Excellent working experience and training for many different fields. Management works with their employees for the ultimate working experience. Would recommend to anyone new to the working world
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 January 2018
Great to work when you get to talk with customers about their special family members. Great training program to learn nutrition and animal behaviour. Chances to travel to see trade shows
Pros
Animals
Cons
Nothing really
I like it!
Professional Pet Stylist (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC10 January 2018
depends on your store, but the managers and staff at my location are amazing. Great pay in the grooming salon, and they send you to grooming academy where you are trained to become a groomer and you get paid:)
Rough time with management
Pet Care Associate/Stocking Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB8 January 2018
Great job for somebody looking to make some cash. Management is poor while i was working and made it hard to enjoy work or look forward to going. Fun job based on tasks at hand.
Great place to work if you love animals
Dog Bather (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2018
Bathed dogs, brushed fur and cut nails. If you want to further your experience you could also register through company to go to academy for "dog grooming training", which includes fur shaving and styling.
Pros
Dogs
Cons
Physically draining
Positive Environment
Customer Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 January 2018
Pet Smart is a great place for students to find part time work while they are in school or for someone who is looking for extra work hours. If you enjoy animals then you would enjoy this position.
Amazing and outgoing enviroment
Early Morning Stocker (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 January 2018
I had an amazing time working at Petsmart. The hours they provided me and flexibility around my schooling really helped me get my education as well as work on the side.
Very fun environment to work. Management is always supportive. Customer service is always exciting.
Merchandise & Inventory Leader (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON4 January 2018
Advancement is always possible within the company. Interacting with customers and pets is always fun and exciting. Every day can feel like a new experience.
fast paced setting
Dog Groomer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 January 2018
fast paced work place, a bit chaotic a times. to many dogs in a day for a groomer to safely Do, while giving the quality and care that pet owners expect.
Pros
free grooming for your dog
Cons
overworked
Was ok
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL1 January 2018
Enjoyed working with all the animals, but management was not the greatest. Didn’t get my hours at all as there was to many employees. Was ganenteed full time but was bearly getting 15hrs a week.
Pros
Working with animals
Cons
Management, no hours
A fun job
Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON20 December 2017
Hard work
Expectations are high
but overall the work, people and customers are fun
The job can be very rewarding

Head office needs to work in the trenches a bit more so they can see and feel their direction and instructions at ground level
Pros
tasks take longer than company standards, breaks are tough to go to when you know you are leaving a job incomplete
Cons
all management is hourly, they should be on a salary
Great Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON18 December 2017
Coworkers, and management make it easy to work. Flexible, work hours, it's great if you're a part-timer and going through school. Opportunities to move up are available to those willing to advance themselves.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PetSmart. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K