Petro Canada Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Fast-paced and fun workplace
Guest Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  670 Saint Anne's Road7 October 2019
I worked as a cashier at Petro-Canada and spent most of my day at work doing basic cashier activities mixed up with some inventory counting and stocking stuff in the aisles and coolers.
Great experience
GSA (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB2 October 2019
it was my first job in canada and i learned many things form it like when you work their you met several people and if you are newcomer you learn many things fluency in language, public dealing, coustmor service, working alone and cash register and many more. it was a great experience.
Deals
GSA (Current Employee) –  Fanshawe, ON29 September 2019
Working and work please also good.salary and benefits also not enough to the living cost.petro night shift is risky but getting salary same day duty.8 hover duty we cannot take brake customer coming if getting brake we have no chairs brake or not 8 hours standing . Thanks
Pros
Cons
Okay
Guest Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON27 July 2019
Its really good place to work to learn something new about customer service. Good team work among all the colleagues. Manager of this company is a wise man.
Eh
GUEST SERVICES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC8 July 2019
Working at a gas station is super basic and super boring. I don't know what else you want me to say. I worked for one guy who owned like 10 petro canadas so I worked at a lot of them.
routine and pleasant work atmosphere.
GUEST SERVICES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Lake Country, BC24 June 2019
Has a pleasant and simple routine, some heavy lifting and outside work. cold in the winter doing the windshield washers and get baked in the summer by the sun blaring in.
Pros
simple routine
Cons
cold in winter too hot in summer
if you are willing to compromise every aspect of your life you will succeed
Lead Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Nova Scotia16 June 2019
you will be paid what you will accept, the hard work will not pay off. upper management is practically non existent, and its as corrupt as the next gas station.
Productive and fun work environment
Guest Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK8 May 2019
Excellent Management and fun place to work at. We get to meet people from different background and learn a lot from dealing with strangers. Management is good. Maybe we could manage our orders more professionally.
Pros
Flexible
Petro-Canda
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON30 April 2019
I learn so many things like greeting customers, welcome them and provide good customer service. i know all the basic operations and Fill up gas tanks,Provide customers with receipts and charge customer with debit or credit card.
Pros
Good relation with co workers
Cons
Have to work outside in winter because it is full serve
People oriented , Efficiently meet deadlines.
Guest Service Attendant (GSA) (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB19 April 2019
The job provides freedom of space and time to manage your work. It helps in enhancing communication skills. Carrying out objectives with responsibility and being proactive to safety precautions makes one feel the gravity of his position. It is great interacting with people but being alone in store at those night hours made me nervous sometimes.
Pros
Freedom of decision making
Cons
Lack of team work. Working alone whole day.
Busy and fun working
Guest Service Attendant in Petro-Canada (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON28 February 2019
I have worked in petro-canada for more than 5 months.
It is always almost busy.
Time flys away.
I have learned to be careful in every situation.
All records were maintained as required.
Busy, minimal stress
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON27 February 2019
LOVED THIS JOB

some long hours, and they had an issue with staff not showing up for shifts but I chose to take them. Low pressure as long as you stay on top of everything, all hours I worked were alone so that was hard. Lots of cleaning, sales, shoveling, cleaning outside etc.

I hated the pressure of mystery shoppers but got to know regulars and really enjoyed everything,

had some issues with gas theft but youre taught how to deal with it.
Pros
quick and you get some expired product
Cons
repeatative and lonely
productive and fun work ace
Senior Gsa (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 January 2019
i really learned so many thing there.met new peoples everyday which is good for so many things.management is so helpful and kind ready to help anytime
Pros
free coffee and tea
its a job
GSA Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON17 December 2018
usually worked alone, management didnt really care. hard to get time off and management wasnt understanding at all if you needed to call in sick. its a job
First day at Tims and Petro Canada
GSA (Former Employee) –  Innisfree, AB2 December 2018
It was very challenging for me because it was my first job in Canada and I did well. First day at Petro Canada was very much challenging for me because I had to manage the whole store alone after my training, and it was overnight shift in a Highway, but I made myself comfortable and done a great job , which was appreciated by my supervisor later.
Really hit and miss with management
Guest Services Attendant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC7 November 2018
The worst part about the job was that you work alone, have no scheduled breaks, and aren't allowed to sit down during your entire 8 hour shift. Some of the regular customers, and overall ease of the job made up for the flaky management, but the poor pay makes it pretty unpleasant place of work.
Work alone
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON17 October 2018
Work alone, no breaks (unless you lock the door). No support when busy or things go wrong (equipment breakdown). Deduct shortages from pay (including gas and dash).
Great job environment
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnt Church First Nation, NB27 September 2018
Petro canada was a great job, always meeting new people, learning something new everyday, and it was never a dull moment, weather it was from interacting with customers to our own employees.
Excellent place to work at especially to improve my communication skills.
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 September 2018
It was a good opportunity to work as a Guest service attendant, especially given that it was my first job in Canada. I improved my communication skills and obtained customer experience. I learnt how to work under extreme pressure.
only work, work and work
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 July 2018
Petro Canada was my first work experience, learned a lot about customer service ,but they only want work with no breaks no vacation,8 hrs work without break, according to rule there is mandatory break in your 8 hrs shift, but as students need employment so nobody is complaining.
Cons
long hours without break