Petro Canada Employee Reviews in Ottawa, ON

So many things to do at workpalce and helpfull with people
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 June 2019
Petro stations are one of the best stations for every individual but also for workers who are doing work here
I am new here in canada,ottawa my near and dears also gave me suggestions to fill tang from petro Moreover,they have lot of stuff to do for people.
I hardly need work so please do me fever
Interesting job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 June 2019
good staff , helps to improve skills able to learn so many skills, con viennient job , hardest job is in the evening because its too busy , most enjoyable is when we have good talk with customer
Pros
free coffee
Cons
good time
feeling safe and great to work with Petro-Canada and it's employees
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 February 2019
I started to work at Petro-Canda 1 year ago. But I never face any problem that can hurt me. I experienced communication skills as well customer service in last year. Everything is well-managed at Petro-Canada.
Petro Canada manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 June 2018
Working at Petro Canada was a huge and great learning experience, i became a manager after working as a GSA for 6 months,the job opportunity came up and i went for it.
Pros
great regular customers, continuous learning
Productive and good place to learn
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 May 2018
i enjoy to do work here i meet lot of people their and make new friends. i have learn lot things here such as how to treat with customers and also learn communication skills. the management is good they manage all things in better way they keep track of things and goods which is expiry or keep price up to date. My coworkers have friendly behavior and teaching nature they always teach when i got stuck and when i need help from them. the hardest part is when i have to deduct the points and do rest of the transaction on cash or card this one i found hardest for me because we have to calculate the amount and we have to do it quickly because there is huge line of customers so we have to serve them fast. Most enjoyable part is when we have to find expire products and when we have to do filling that is most enjoyable part for me
Pros
coffee is free dont have to do extra work
Cons
pay inside system people took gas and run away
productive and fun workplace with my co workers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 March 2018
typical day at work is when I don't look at the clock 10 times in a minutes. when I see customers smile and satisfied with my work. what I learnt is don't let one customer change your whole mood or ruin your day. I am not really experienced in management but I am a quick learner. workplace culture is my punctuality, loyalty, my attitude... the hardest part of the job was the drive offs. and most enjoyable was getting to meet new people everyday.
Pros
free coffe and teas
Cons
drive offs
Fast paced environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 September 2017
A typical day at work consisted of helping customers at cash, stocking shelves, cooler, cigarettes, magazine stands, coffee area, keeping bathrooms and store neat and tidy. I learned to use a cash register, lottery machine, make coffee and stock. Managemnt was good but was mostly just two people working. The hardest part of the job was working not being able to help everyone at once and the best was part was I got to learn a lot of new things that would help me in my next jobs to come
Pros
Fast paced environment help me learn everything quickly
Cons
Immature employees
Drive off
Cashier- Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  2471 Bank st. Ottawa,On.26 July 2017
It was a good job which wasn't very hard or physically demanding. They trained me well and made sure I didn't work alone until I was ready and they paid me from training period. Management was very good but need slide improvement in weekend’s management because one day pump was out of order and I called them but they came in week days. Only problem I found when drive off happened and those time that customer didn’t pay and ran away from the place. From management had no presser for us because that wasn’t my fault but I personally feel very depressing.
Pros
Can eat anytime when no customers and friendly environment
Cons
Work by self so can't go to washroom.
Fun place to work
GSA and then manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 June 2017
Staff was excellent, it was fun, hours were great. Problems with management but pay was acceptable and bonuses were great if you worked to achieve them.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 May 2017
Cleaning attending the customer collection of cash
Arrengingmaterial
Preparing coffee for customers picking garbage
Preparing daily report. A ll other reports such stock.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Regular hours
laid off to save a buck
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 April 2017
petro canada got rid of their fleet of trucks even though the fleet was a very well run operation. They laid off many very good employees to save a buck. Since then i never gas up at Petro Canada. They sold out to a US company who of course disposed of their fleet of trucks only to offer the jobs to lesser companies hiring at a much lower cost. A real sell out.
Pros
was a good company to work for
Cons
laid off to save a buck.
Productive & Fun working environment
Manager/System Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 January 2017
I have learned a lot from my superiors.
A great supporting team
A great recognition and rewards
Its always a team work
Difficult to manage during winter conditions.
Good part is that as a manager you are not bound for any particulars hours
Customers all around
Customer Service Associate in Ottawa, Canada (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 October 2016
Great customer relationship experience with tremendous support from the management and co-workers.
The work hours are fun filled because I get chance to interact with people from all age and different working backgrounds.
The best part of working as CSA is that here people instantly give feedback and scope of learning is spontaneous.
Completely Sales Driven
Owner/Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 September 2016
Canada's Gas Station....NOT.
This company is completely sales driven and will utilize whatever means possible to achieve higher sales including colluding with the competition over gas pricing ( Pricing Centre knows what I mean)

I give this company 3 stars for its aggressive sales techniques and lack of benefits. They can afford it. Their ARL agreements are too stringent with constant pressure to perform and sell, but they lack the integrity of truly being Canada's Gas Station. They lead the pack in laying the framework for aggressive sales but lack the framework to set up their sites for individual community projects.
Pros
Good working conditions, clean sites, well stocked sites, great customer service
Cons
No benefits, Aggressive sales requirements of their employees
Cashier and Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 September 2016
Tasks are well defined and work atmosphere is friendly. I got to learn how to interact with the customers and its really a wonderful feeling when a customer appreciates your work.
Pros
sometimes free pizza for all sites
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 August 2016
• Answering phone calls in regards to clients asking about petro points amongst other things such as their commercial credit cards and gift cards
• Reset passwords for clients
• Issue new points cards, car wash cards, gift cards and commercial credit cards
• Update information such as addresses, if there is a deceased member in a family update their account for them
Fun Place to work
Store Manager - Multi-Site (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 May 2016
Great place to work, lots to learn, availability should be open. 24 hours 7 days a week. To much responsibility, co workers are great.
good place to work.
Cashier/ Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 March 2016
good place to work , lots of things to learn, good shifts, always work available. no chance of moving ahead. shift work but well managed.
working as team
Guest Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 August 2015
transaction management, customer service support, petro-cards membership signup, product and service promotion, questions and answers
Pros
coupons, letters of appreciation
Cons
busy hours are so demanding
Best people to work with
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 August 2015
Petro Canada Fuels Inc has been one of the best company I have worked for. The upper management and staff really get along.

The job environment is not for everyone as it is a Fuel company and drivers and contractors come in and out with dirty boots and overalls. I myself enjoyed the casual atmosphere and personalities.

There is high stress on occasions. The upside is the organised lunches, golf day and Christmas party is a blast.

The owner is on site and appreciates hard working employees. Very personable.

My direct supervisor was so nice, I still consider a friend.
Pros
Organised lunches, close staff, personable, great company golf day and awesome Christmas Party
Cons
Always being re structured. Office building not the cleanest