Petro Canada Employee Reviews in London, ON

Fun dealing with different customers.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 July 2019
* My managers and owners along with supervisors made the store and functionalities look better.
* Work atmosphere, interaction with different people gave me immense pleasure.
good place to work
Gas & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 June 2019
petro is nice place to work, attend gas customers and help them is really responsible task but i loved to do that. its been always pleasure to work there because they gives us fix schedules.
Pros
there is nothing pros
Cons
bad management and bad supervisors
Workplace with ever-changing workflow.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 May 2019
This is a decent place to pursue employment if you're looking to gain work experience. It teaches you the fundamentals that go into any job you take up.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No seating
petro canada was a fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 February 2019
I went to work on time everyday, never missed a day
I have learned a lot while working at petro I got some new experiences while working.

shoveling the snow outside on the side walk during the winter time
Productive fun place to work.
Cashier Supervisor/assistant manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 October 2018
I've learned alot working for petro canada.. I enjoyed working for this company. .. my best parts r pleasing the customers n working the carwash.. it's a very enjoyable place to be .. lots to learn.. your never done learning with Petro canada.
Pros
Did what i want ..
Cons
Great job with minimum pay. Fairly laid back atmosphere and not too stressful. Easy to get good at your job.
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 October 2018
Minimal supervision, hours are usually available, free coffee, small discount for in store items, learn how to deal with customers good and bad, learn how to remain calm when multiple robbers "know" you can open the safe, learn how to deal with work induced post traumatic stress disorder.
Great Boss
Gas attendant (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 September 2018
My manager at Petro Canada is the best manager an employee could ask for. Working in retail is not always easy, but my boss makes it enjoyable to come to work. Over all it has been a very good experience as it has taught me how to treat people as I have experienced all sorts of different personalities coming through, some making my day better, others making it worse. Either way, I have learned the valuable skill to always have a smile on my face. I would recommend retail for any young professional as it provides very valuable experiences.
only work, work and work
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 July 2018
Petro Canada was my first work experience, learned a lot about customer service ,but they only want work with no breaks no vacation,8 hrs work without break, according to rule there is mandatory break in your 8 hrs shift, but as students need employment so nobody is complaining.
Cons
long hours without break
good job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 May 2018
Petro canada is one of the best place to work. I feel very proud and happy, when I work their. Petro Canada treat me very well and they give me good training.
Good experience in meeting new people
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Adelaide n Fanshawe,London ON1 April 2018
Knowledge about smoke and lottery
Customer service in all the products at Gas station
Familiar with SFOA
Knowledge about smoking prevention act and legal age to buy lottery and smoke
Satisfactory work environment.
Wonderland Road, Attendant (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 July 2017
Petro Canada is a physically low impact job. Not very flexible with shifts because there is only 1 staff member on at a time. Night shift was generally safe but with some violent encounters.
A typical routine work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 May 2017
Working in a routine job, nothing new or change between days, would be good if you get busy then the day time pass fast.

You learn to be patient at work and how to deal with different types of people, how to be aware of everything around you and multi tasking.

The worst part in this job is when you face a robbery :) of course thats not fun but at least you know you are in a secured place and know what to do about this when it happen.

At the end, inventory, being clean, teddy and know the closing shirt calculations and managing the station alone makes you learn how to become self independent.
quite good experience of working
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 March 2017
The knew sales group has provided me a great confidence of talking to the customer and approaching the product to them. This job has also provided me good convincing power.

Working at sp koki and management service gave me a good experience in customer service and improved my communication skills.
Sales Associate (part time) (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 February 2017
Great work, easy to cope up , hardest part is to plough snow, learned to work with a team , enjoyable is working with the people who understands each other priorities
Casual
Gas Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 January 2017
A good place to start your career in customer service. Worked there as part-time so does not matter that much. Got to learn about how to address difficult situations, how to take quick decisions
Pros
deal with all kinds of people
my review
Gas Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 January 2017
enjoyed working here and working with the people I did, management was always great with anything that we needed. Even tho the station the company wanted me at was too far away I did like the work ethics with this company
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
too far away
freindly customers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 December 2016
the day use to be really very busy as i used to work on evening shifts. Hence, I come in contact with too many different people of different cultures and different thinking. Too many things i have learned till now from the work place.
Productive and a good workplace to develop interpersonal skills
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 November 2016
It provides better growth opportunity to an individual. As I am working part-time there, I can't demonstrate it completely. My overall experience with it is good so far.
normal retail job.
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 October 2016
day starts with processing transactions, cleaning, sales,
nice co workers
bad management
hardest part is dealing with angry customers
Nothing Enjoyable
Pros
Cons
Angry customers
Good
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  London, ON12 August 2016
Its nice working and all have good communication within the employees working there. Nice management and the hardest part is to convince the customer to sell the ongoing deals with the period.