Petro Canada logo

Petro Canada Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Found 1,029 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,053 reviews

Productive but stressful

Their Management is not as good as expected. The Supervisor is not cooperative and doesn't care about employee. Overall organized but the work is stressful.

Pros

Cons

has is listen unnecessary stuffs from the supervisor

It was Really fun also employed even friendly

It was Really fun also employed even friendly if I get my job back I will be happy to go back .manager always asked me if you wanted to come earlier to start you can

Fine place to be between jobs

My time there the employees were nice but it was a very average job. I stayed on through covid while all but 1 other employee went on cerb. I was running the store working overtime along with a second job. Most of the essential businesses got a $2.00 an hour pay increase so I asked about that and was told they'd think about it and gave me a $25.00 giftcard for save on which I called my hush money. Everyone high up in the company did not care about the lower people. Was not a fun experience and I did not feel appreciated for how much I did for them.

Pros

Easy job to do

Cons

Entitled customers, high up managers and owners, minimum wage with rare and slight increases in pay

Aucune securite d emploi

Les clients sont impatients et impolis.Il faut faire de la vente sous pression en offrant des articles connexes. Ce n est pas valorisant comme emploi.

Pros

10% de rabais sur ce qui n est pas en special

Cons

Pas de pause, pas d heure de repas. Il faut manger debout entre 2 clients.

Fast paced environment. Pay is terrible, Unpleasant and disrespectful Higher management

Worked with the same employer for almost 10 years. No pay raise or chances of growth. Higher Management treats you like you don’t exist. Unrealistic Sales targets.

Pros

Flexible timing

Cons

No pay raise. Long hours. A lot of responsibility

felt more like a family then a job

the hardest part of the job would be learning the system but the newer system is a lot easyier. the people and manijors that i had were amaxing in every singal way this job experince was wlecoming and amazing for any person to have. the customers were mostly friendly and caring as well.

Bonne environnement de travail

J’ai beaucoup apprécié les collègues là bas c’était une bonne équipe malgré le peu d’heure disponible j’ai dû quitter

Pros

Rabais de 40% sur le A&W

Cons

Aucun

Great to work at petro Canada 🇨🇦

I think it’s great to work at petro Canada. Because work culture is great 👍. Every one who wants to get in their own business they should work at petro Canada 🇨🇦 to learn how to run their own business. Thanks 🙏

Very unfriendly

Initially the job seemed pretty simple, just another run of the mill cashier position. Over time however, the management changed, I got put on nights, and things started getting worse. The hours aren't very good, as they have too many employees to guarantee anyone a five day week. The store is extremely cold overnight, and even if there are no customers you are expected to be standing behind the counter at all times. There are no lunch breaks and when you want to take a break you are required to either inform your coworker during the day or stay up front and eat. Overall I'd reccomend people avoid this location, the management is unfriendly and unless you are a friend of theirs you will almost certainly be put on during holidays. Other coworkers were treated similarly and have their own issues with the job.

Pros

Slow pace with minor bouts of activity.

Cons

Irregular hours, the location is a 24hr store and you will be working over holidays, The managment is unfriendly and will sacrifice your comfort if they feel it necessary.

Relaxed work environment

I loved working at Petro. I moved to the island so i had to quit. I will most likely try to get a job at a petro on the island. I would recommend working at Petro. I will tell you, you will get yelled at by coworks and customers.

Pros

Free slushies and coffee

Cons

Dont get paid double if your part time on a holiday. Only full time employees

Jobs at Petro Canada

See more jobs

Used to be good

If you want low wages in the trucking industry and managers who never answer your calls or questions or simply are never there then Petro Canada Fuels is for you.

Pros

Experience, then move on to a better place to work

Cons

Management and pay scale is the heart of the cons with this environment.

Just a pay check

Honestly, i would not recommend. I never felt respected or safe. Laws and guidelines were mere suggestions to my boss. What ever is illegal to do to your employees, he did it. The location I worked for was so bad, they're no longer called Petro, it's just a variety store now. It was very smart for Petro to pull their name from those people, they would have destroyed the Petro name.

Pros

Customers and close proximity to house

Cons

Management, cleaning standards, not recieving breaks, inappropriate harrassment, physical and mental abuse.. to name a few

Productive workplace, fun if you like to meet new people

Great job to meet local people. In the summer it was extremely busy with the tourist season. This was a bit difficult due to the pandemic. Plus the station had the only restroom in town that was open. As you work by yourself you have to clean as well as watch the pumps, cars and people. You also have to fill the coolers and shelves.

Pros

Meet lots of people

Cons

Very busy in the summer

Ne recommencerait pas

Bon premier emploi pour un étudiant à temps PARTIEL si tu es bien formé. Ma formation a été bâclée et j'ai du tout apprendre par moi-même, la gestion était mal organisée mais ça m'a appris à avoir un service à la clientele hors pair et à maitriser parfaitement une caisse. Pas vraiment de possibilité d'avancements. Si tu es de soir, assure toi que les employés de nuit vont rentrer car sinon tu es la personne qui restera sur le plancher. Faire des 16 heures en ligne, ça m'est arrivé. Souvent.

Love to work here but

I absolutely love my coworkers and my management team, the only downfall is there isnt much room to grow. Title and wage wise. The job is fairly easy, and you make a lot of friends, whether it be coworkers or customers.

Pros

Fun work place, great people to work with, fairly easy

Cons

No room to grow career wise, or wage wise.

Multi tasking job

Great, I managed subway as well as a gas station at the same time at petro Canada.I have learned some skills to tackles many problems with calm and cool nature.

Environnement agréable

J’ai acquis une excellente expérience dans le service à la clientèle.

Productive and fun

You can earn extra bonuses when you work hard and pass your customer service requirements. Always up sell and promote deals. Its can be draining at times if you don't take a break. Try not to be rude to customers, even when they are rude to you.

Stressful

Working at the perto in rock creek is an terrible job. The job itself is a good one but the people you work with are mean and constantly talking behind your back and making fun of you especially the manager.It is a stressful job with lots of drama, plus they don't flow food safe protocol in the deli such as washing the veggies but mostly the lettuce, and there supposed to be on a boiled water advisory but there refuse to follow it "because they don't have time". I have never had such a bad work experience then the one I had here I do not recommend this job to anyone.

decent place

had a great time working here it was fun to sell car washes and candy and pop and chips and all those stuff that are found in a gas station, my boss was okay kinda craazy but sh

Pros

food

Cons

food

Bad experience among bad team.

Manager and the owners are aggressive people. Very bad people. Mo employee value. Take work day night but not paid accordingly. They at once to come on job.

Cons

Leg pulling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Petro Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement