Petro Canada

Canada1,068 reviews

Found 1,068 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,093 reviews
canadapetrocanadastationpumplotterycoffeecustomcustomer

Balanced

Environment was great. Manager and the supervisor supports you alot. Payment was done farely and they could adjust your timings according to your needs.

Environment de travail agreable

J’ai aimée mon experience de travail. Le Propriétaire est egalement le Gérant il est vraiment à l’ecoute de ses employés et de leurs besoins. J’ai dû quittée car je demenageais sinon je n’aurais pas quittée. J’adorais mon équipe mon employeur et ma fidèle clientèle. Je recommande fortement!

Pros

Propriétaire à l’écoute de ses employés

Cons

Aucune assurances ni de placements ou REER

Insights into Petro Canada

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Very good place to work at.

Did night shifts. had work only at the beginning and end of the shift. Manger was very chill. Schedule was also flexible and good with studies. Can be hectic in summers

Productive and very friendly staff and customers

Staff are friendly and very courteous. Customers are always happy and satisfied. It is one of the best places to work . Managment is very good and it is a stress free job

Not a career obviously

Probably not different than any other gas station. I got to meet a lot of different people but the bare minimum pay rate is not enough to survive in BC.

It's a good starting point

I worked there while taking my college courses and it's fairly neutral. Management will vary from place to place, but my sites were always great. The biggest negatives I can think of are the customers and the pay. It's minimum wage, but what do you really expect. The customers can range from fun regulars to people that will threaten your life because a pump isn't working. If you can handle yourself in those situations and don't mind a bit of menial gruntwork it's a fine place to work.

Best place to work (imoho)

Very nice pay and benefits. Good people. Nice working environment. Double time for overtime. Can order a meal after overtime. Some reviews are bad but probably those are the kinds of people that do not know how to make friends or make their job easy, or just do not want to work.Work smart, not hard.

Pros

Very good pay, great supervisors

Cons

Not working here

Productive place to work

Coworkers are pretty decent people for the most part and like to have fun at work, duties are really simple and easy to navigate, good conversation with customers, interesting things happen all the time so it keeps you on your toes lol. Management is easygoing

Pros

Discounts, coworkers, management, flexibility

Was an ok place to work

It all depends on who you worked under, seen a few different managers go by and some were better than others. I did find that there was a lot of favoritism.

Good place to work as part time or as a first job

Its a entry level job and is best if someone is looking to work part time while studying or wants to start their first job. This job teaches you on how to deal with customers and what working industry works.

Pros

Easy going

Cons

No breaks

excellent work place

I loved the job n working with the people...they are good team players..we followed covid cleaning and safety measures..I learnt how to pump gas and how to use the till..the management was fair n convenient

very helpful team

really enjoyed my work term there. got to work on cool projects and given enough responsibility to feel fulfilled. management and colleagues very supportive.

Very Depressing

This work is depressing. you just have to stand there for 8 hours and listen complaints from customers about the problems that management refuses to fix.

fun workplace

i worked at this location for more than over four years. i have learned a lot and gain experience. great management. more relaxed and fun place to work.

Pros

great customers

Cons

très belle expérience de travail

environnement de travail saint, superviseur gentille

Pros

rabais

Cons

pas d'avantage sociaux

Decent Working environment with unprofessional upper management

I worked at Petro Canada for 6 months and overall the experience working in the actual store was decent. You have to deal with the odd unruly customer or person who comes in with way too many lottery tickets but overall the day-to-day work is alright. The main problem I had was with the owners/upper management. Every 2 weeks the district manager will come into the stores to do a surprise inspection and regardless of how well you do your job, they will discipline you for simply checking your phone or even sitting down when there is no one in the store, and that discipline entails anything from cutting your hours to outright termination. Thats right, these people will write you up simply for sitting down. So if you are thinking of applying at Petro-Canada be warned that no matter how well you do your job, you are expendable.

Productive and educational work environment.

It is a good place to work every one knows every other individuals worth and how to treat them with respect and integrity. Lovely place to work. Nicee.

Good place to work fun co workers were awsome

Petro Canada is a wonderful place to work it does get busy and then some days it’s very slow I worked at petro Canada on river road in welland ontario for about 6 years reason for leaving is Covid and my contract ended would I go back to work at a Petro Canada yes in a heart beat 😊

Very nice place to work

The place was so bussy all the time no time to waste on non issues and the manager.was always on hand to help if something goes either way. Fantastic team work

Challenging

Where you will meet lot of people with diffrent mindset from that we can learn many things. Multitasking and conmunication skills will be developed for sure. Hardwork with combination of smartness will promote you to next level.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

8 hrs shift

Unprofessional, no communication.

Highly do not working here, no communication at all! Does not train you and expect you to do know everything right off the bat without any knowledge. I did everything that was listed for cleaning and I was told not even 20% of the duties weren’t done ! Unbelievable & I put my time and effort to make sure everything was perfect and in good cleaning condition.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Petro Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement