Petro Canada Employee Reviews

Closer
Night's Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB7 December 2018
I was a closer gas attended and cashier for this position, It was lonely and a lot to deal with at the end of the night I would measure gas, order gas and do inventory control, I had another job at gondola pizzas at the same time to make up for hours. I liked the management and work settings
Pros
free coffee
Cons
nights shift, not enough pay
time consuming work stuff
shelf stocking/snow removal (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC6 December 2018
lots of things to do mainly shoveling snow and stocking storage shelves. cleaning gas pumps and filling up stock on the floor.
putting salt on the parking lot ground.
Pros
free warm drinks
Cons
short hours
bien
Gérant (Current Employee) –  Paspebiac, QC4 December 2018
Le plaisir de travailler dans le service a la clientel
Cons
Aucun avantage en magasin pour les employés
First day at Tims and Petro Canada
GSA (Former Employee) –  Innisfree, AB2 December 2018
It was very challenging for me because it was my first job in Canada and I did well. First day at Petro Canada was very much challenging for me because I had to manage the whole store alone after my training, and it was overnight shift in a Highway, but I made myself comfortable and done a great job , which was appreciated by my supervisor later.
decent hours, easy job for the pay.
Gas Jockey (Former Employee) –  Creighton, SK27 November 2018
its a easy job show up on time and take orders as to what the person wants in there tank, ask if they want the windows done and if they would like the oil checked. the hardest part of the... are the people that think that they can pull a fast one on you. the ones that are willing to lie to get you into trouble as to what they have told you to put into the tank and most gas stations will keep a voice recording of what you say it's built into some stores as a safety feather or a buddy system set up if there are more than one jockey working at a time. some stores around the country will have a store policy where if something happens like that you will pay the difference out of your pocket. the workplace culture is pretty decent as you are there to make it easier on the person to get gas and stand out in the good and bad weather. enjoyable part of the job is getting to met new people from anywhere in the world it's maybe one of the few places you will met and see some things that maybe will shock you and make you laugh. what will you learn working as a jockey.... make sure you to repeat the number that person tells you and get a yup or yes, don't walk into traffic without looking first. make sure to rack the pump please dont leave it in there so they drive away with it makes for lots of paper work and you may not have a job after. don't get mad if someone talks down to you it sadly part of the job ( just make fun of them with your other gas jockey).
Pros
decent hours easy job detail.
Cons
little pay, bad weather
awesome environment and a great opportunity to work at
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB22 November 2018
excellent customer service. friendly atmosphere. family based and oriented. lots of learning and keeping up to date on current trends. great way to grow and proceed upwards in the company.
Pros
friendly customers and excellent coworkers.
Cons
not union based and no benefits.
environnement agréable
Caissier (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC21 November 2018
beaucoup de rotation de gèrent
le travaille de nuit est dificile sur le moral malheureusement
Pros
prime de nuit
Cons
rotation de gerent
Great company to work for
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 November 2018
Great balance between work and life. They care about their employees. Great benefits and vacation time. The research and development team is like a family.
Good jop
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 November 2018
It's good for temporary jop not permenant and also it learned you how to treat woth different culture of people finally it's very good customer service experience
productive
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 November 2018
Nice company to work for but no benefits better hours is 7-3 love it. I had a good experience of been a manager learn a lot from them and had the opportunity to do clerical works.
Really hit and miss with management
Guest Services Attendant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC7 November 2018
The worst part about the job was that you work alone, have no scheduled breaks, and aren't allowed to sit down during your entire 8 hour shift. Some of the regular customers, and overall ease of the job made up for the flaky management, but the poor pay makes it pretty unpleasant place of work.
What I learned
GAS ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Havelock-Belmont-Methuen, ON5 November 2018
I pumped gas and counted worms. I sold chips, pop and candy. I also sold oil and lubricants. I cleaned windows. I changed garbage's and read the pumps at the end of my shift.
Environnement du travail agréable
Caissier (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 October 2018
J’aime l’environnement du travail en servant clientèle
Pros
Temps flexible
Cons
Pas de pause
fun workplace
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 October 2018
Everyday was something different, seeing many different people and keeping up with the small talk helps with socializing skills and being exposed to different situations.
agréable
Conseiller la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Décarie, QC28 October 2018
Travail d’équipe agréable, etant préposé aux services à la clientèle on se forge au fur et à mesure , maitriser la tache de préposé
good and a busy to work
Assistant Manager and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 October 2018
Petro Canada is a good place to work with a competitive salary and the management is very humble towards the employers. Being a gas station, it keeps the place very busy. Working in that situation gives an experience of working in any busy environment and staying alert all the time.
great place for first job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 October 2018
Pick up a lot of skills, learn how to work with people under any circumstances.
Learn how to deal with angry customers, and how to hold your position in a proper manner.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no weekends or holidays
Great job with minimum pay. Fairly laid back atmosphere and not too stressful. Easy to get good at your job.
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 October 2018
Minimal supervision, hours are usually available, free coffee, small discount for in store items, learn how to deal with customers good and bad, learn how to remain calm when multiple robbers "know" you can open the safe, learn how to deal with work induced post traumatic stress disorder.
Collaborative work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON18 October 2018
Good and supportive management. Non interfering as I always performed beyond expectations. I was trusted and never queried about my work. Was very appreciated by management, colleagues and customers.
Work alone
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON17 October 2018
Work alone, no breaks (unless you lock the door). No support when busy or things go wrong (equipment breakdown). Deduct shortages from pay (including gas and dash).