Petro Canada Employee Reviews

Petro Canada manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 June 2018
Working at Petro Canada was a huge and great learning experience, i became a manager after working as a GSA for 6 months,the job opportunity came up and i went for it.
Pros
great regular customers, continuous learning
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC18 June 2018
Management and working environment is good.

Manager is really supportive, hardest and cooperative.

Working environment is fun-lovable, learning and supportive.
Excellent milieu de travail
Gérante (Former Employee) –  Rive Sud8 June 2018
Bonne sécurité d'emploi. Offre une bonne formation et expérience dans le domaine de la gestion et du service à la clientèle.
Pros
Bonus, carte de fidélité
Cons
Diponible 24 sur 24
My first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 June 2018
I was totally unknown about Canadian job system at this time .
I was recently landed in Calgary and had an opportunity to work at this company. I had pretty tough time at that period as i have limited English and was completely unknown about the technology that were used at the station, but eventually things started getting easier as my training went on
Guest service attendant
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON31 May 2018
It was a great experience to serve our service to our costumers. I learnt to talk with someone easily. Also, this job lead me to be problem solver. I have also managed some shift during work period.
inconsistant secudaled place
Gas Attendant/ / Customer Support / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Casselman, ON30 May 2018
a topical day at petro Canada would include full service gas and diesel for cars and commercial trucks checking engine oil washing there windshields and taking payment wither it be debit cash or credit i would balance cash clean kiosk and stock product when not busy at end of my shift would close cash and if it was night shift would close store. Hardest part of job was working the night job and being a mother of four young children who need me in the day when i would be sleeping for next shift i learned that being a gas attendant is not as easy as it looks and threes a lot to the job.
Cons
long hours and no perks or discounts
friendly co-workers, terrible management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK23 May 2018
Each day brought a new experience, some good and some not so good, I learned how to deal with people who didn't speak english and each day brough something new to learn. In my perspective the hardest part of the job was training new employees when i wasn't properly trained myself. teaching without knowing everything i needed was difficult because there are specific things in the workplace that only a manager would be able to teach properly. I really enjoyed the community and majority of the costumers, I enjoyed the new friendships I made and the familiar faces i got to see. , The manager was fairly disrespectful and unfair towards co-workers. The store Owner was a very kind man, just needed better management.
Pros
free Coffees and slurpies
Cons
disrespectful customers and managers.
Really fun team to work with
GSA (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 May 2018
Great environment to work in. A relatively stress free shift (unless it’s friday and the lotto max jackpot is at $60 million). Fun and outgoing employees. Only downside is the overstocked cooler
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
No job security
review on a particular location not the company
GSA (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS22 May 2018
started working there in 2014 and loved it. It was a great environment with the staff and friendly customers, I never encountered problems working there until new management came in 2017 and fired nearly everyone. My shifts were changed and hours cut from 40 hours a week to 18 hours without consulting me if I would be willing to work less hours. I was never informed on changes in the store, like when they changed the location of the store bags or cleaning supplies. Co-workers gossiped far too much about each other. Eventually it got to the point where it felt like I was bullied by management until they ultimately fired me without a good cause, while other workers got away with doing whatever they pleased.

tldr; Management sucks.
Good overall student job
Caissier (Former Employee) –  Les Coteaux, QC21 May 2018
Fun to interact with customers
Good place to learn how to work individually
Good Management
Good work schedule
Quick and easy to learn the tasks
Teaches how to stay organised and plan ahead
Productive and fun working environment
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE AND CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON18 May 2018
collaborative work environment
Great experience and can gain more knowledge of customer service as good service makes the difference.
Travail de dépannage.
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Cap-rouge, QC17 May 2018
C'est un travail d'étudiant. Quand on a pas autre chose, mieux vaut ça que rien.
Pros
Horaire stable.
Cons
Pas payant.
Busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 May 2018
I learned to multi task
working alone at bust times
running to registers at once
must be energetic friendly
manager was very understanding
must be fast learner
Get to meet new people everyday
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Nobleton, ON12 May 2018
This is a great job for students, the hours they offer are great and very handy with school in mind. Friendly staff and lots of fun to be around. decent work space.
Pros
learning so many skills and specially the multitasking.
Cons
sometime no lunch breaks
Productive and good place to learn
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 May 2018
i enjoy to do work here i meet lot of people their and make new friends. i have learn lot things here such as how to treat with customers and also learn communication skills. the management is good they manage all things in better way they keep track of things and goods which is expiry or keep price up to date. My coworkers have friendly behavior and teaching nature they always teach when i got stuck and when i need help from them. the hardest part is when i have to deduct the points and do rest of the transaction on cash or card this one i found hardest for me because we have to calculate the amount and we have to do it quickly because there is huge line of customers so we have to serve them fast. Most enjoyable part is when we have to find expire products and when we have to do filling that is most enjoyable part for me
Pros
coffee is free dont have to do extra work
Cons
pay inside system people took gas and run away
Excellent place to learn independence as a worker
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valleyview, AB1 May 2018
I worked alone for the most part minus the days when the manager was in so learning independence as a sales associate made me very confident. I feel that I will be able to work well in any place now.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
long hours, no breaks
Best environment to develop managerial skills and also makes learn to work under pressure
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON1 May 2018
A regular 8 Hours shift as a part time employee
Learn about how to stock new products and how to circulate the new product and the previous order.
Also, serving customers and solving their problems.
aspect agréable du poste
Préposé de Service aux Invités (PSI) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 April 2018
Réaliser que le visiteur a obtenu le service attendu et reprend sa route très satisfait.
Pros
esprit d'équipe
Cons
assurance maladie
Always busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON30 April 2018
Take payments from customers, stock shelves when the me permitted, clean, run daily reports. Time management. Manager was great. Hardest part was working alone.
Pros
Always busy, good benefits
Cons
Work alone
Cashier at Petro Canada
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON27 April 2018
● Provided prompt, efficient, and courteous service to customers
● Promoted points cards, fuel-savings cards, snacks and food items
● Worked in a fast-paced environment on a gas station with 18 pumps and carwash
● Arranged merchandise, stocked shelves and ensured clean maintenance of the store