Petro Canada Employee Reviews

Work alone
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON17 October 2018
Work alone, no breaks (unless you lock the door). No support when busy or things go wrong (equipment breakdown). Deduct shortages from pay (including gas and dash).
busy work place
customer service (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON12 October 2018
This was my job during undergrad and the place was bought out from the 1st owner. The second owner was nice, But the scheduling manager always wanted things his way.
bon emploi étudiant
Caissière (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 October 2018
Très bon emploi étudiant, permet de bien se concentrer à l'école et les horaires sont flexibles
Cons
Les caissières sont payées au salaire minimum
interactive communication skills.
Guest serving attendant/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 September 2018
To start working life in Canada, I found Petro Canada as the best place, I started with nothing but Petro Canada developed my communication skills over time, it taught me to understand other peoples needs and satisfy their needs accordingly.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
long standings
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Sydney, NS27 September 2018
Standard customer service job. Greeting customers and being responsible for the cashier duties. Some restocking but very minimal. A lot of down time during slow hours.
Great job environment
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnt Church First Nation, NB27 September 2018
Petro canada was a great job, always meeting new people, learning something new everyday, and it was never a dull moment, weather it was from interacting with customers to our own employees.
quiet atmosphere
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON26 September 2018
great coworkers, great place to work all though it was a struggle to find someone to cover shifts on sick days even with ample notice, management could be rude at times but over all was good to work with when needed
Pros
free coffee
Cons
lack of communication
Excellent place to work at especially to improve my communication skills.
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 September 2018
It was a good opportunity to work as a Guest service attendant, especially given that it was my first job in Canada. I improved my communication skills and obtained customer experience. I learnt how to work under extreme pressure.
Bon travail étudiant
Commis service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Beloeil, QC21 September 2018
J'ai travaillé sur tous les quarts de travail comme commis caissier vendeur au Pétro-Canada. Belle gagne j'y ai eu du plaisir.
Pros
Belle Gagne
Good Company
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 September 2018
i have learned many things while working at this company. However, i am too much passionate for this job as i know what are the defaults as well as the expectations of the company towards its products.
Cyclic counting
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC9 September 2018
The work consisted of doing the cyclic count of all the products of 11 convenience stores in gas stations.

A good concentration was necessary, not to make mistakes in counting.
Pros
No pressure
Cons
Repetitive
Great Boss
Gas attendant (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 September 2018
My manager at Petro Canada is the best manager an employee could ask for. Working in retail is not always easy, but my boss makes it enjoyable to come to work. Over all it has been a very good experience as it has taught me how to treat people as I have experienced all sorts of different personalities coming through, some making my day better, others making it worse. Either way, I have learned the valuable skill to always have a smile on my face. I would recommend retail for any young professional as it provides very valuable experiences.
Productive, well managed establishment
Store front Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON5 September 2018
I loved working at Petro Canada.The management was incredible. Super friendly and easy to get along with, easily helped with any questions or concerns and were very confident in their employees. The only reason I ended up quitting was due to always ending up with 3pm-11pm shifts daily- which in a sense, would have been absolutely fine, but the hours were not allowing me to see my oldest daughter except every other weekend or for a few hours in the morning before school due to her hours of such.
Pros
Everything else was amaing
Cons
Inconvenient hours
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 September 2018
i like to work as a cashier because i like to interact with new customers but i have to left this job because they have no more availabilty. i was unable to complete my required hours.
Pros
customers interaction
Cons
stressful
Platform for real customer interaction
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2018
I have dealt with thousands of customers since I have started working here and every customer is unique in their own way. Colleagues were very friendly and supportive. Although it becomes hard to work outside during harsh winters, management takes care of the employees by providing necessary protective clothing and gear.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Minimum Pay
Company puts you in position to develop accountability to peers and relationship with customers.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2018
- management is a joy to work with
- peers are awesome
- customers are friendly
- didn't enjoy paying for drive-offs
- learned a lot with easing situations like technical malfunctions and customer frustrations
Pros
free coffees
Cons
makes you personally pay for customer drive-offs
good
Sales Executive/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC28 August 2018
Was sign on as contract work at the time. Training was adequate and responsibilities were evenly divided among the team fairly to ensure workload was fair.
Great team to work with.
Well Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Throughout Alberta22 August 2018
A typical day at work would include BHP change, tubing repair, coiled tubing clean outs, slickline work, fracture stimulations, and acid stimulations depending on the job.
Pros
Good team to work with.
Travail avec le public
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC21 August 2018
Travail de soir, j'aimais la diversité de ce travail. Je pouvais autant faire le remplissage de marchandise, que être à la caisse, former les nouveaux, faire du manger.
Good Company