Petro Canada Employee Reviews

Friendly and supportive staff and managers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON17 April 2018
Working as an assistant manager helped me enhance my customer service, multi-tasking, interpersonal communication, and problem-solving skills. I loved working in this environment because I was always challenged to learn and do more than my usual duties. At times, when the manager was unable to be present at the site, I would be given full responsibility to ensure that everything went smoothly. I was trained in all areas of maintaining the store, including security, fuel-shortages, updating gas prices, filling lottery trays, replenishing merchandise, taking inventory and ordering products and goods, distributing paychecks, making bank deposits and recording financial transactions. I love taking on the leadership role and this position allowed me that opportunity.
Pros
Indoor work environment, interacting with others, providing service to the community
Cons
standing on feet all day
Fun workplace
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON4 April 2018
Working at Petro Canada for almost 3 years was one of the greatest times of my life so far. I found there was great management, worked with great people and even found friendships in my co workers. The customers were nice, and friendly for the most part. Hands down, it was a great place to work and I look back on it as one of my greatest employment achievements
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 April 2018
A typical day at work was just staying at cash and keeping the store inside running. I learned a lot about teamwork and customer service. It was a very enjoyable place to work at because everyone got along very well.
Pros
Fun Workplace
Cons
productive and can be fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Langham, SK4 April 2018
I really enjoyed working at petro. At times I found favortism by the manager for employees and made it hard on other staff. I really enjoyed the regular coffee guys and womaen that came in daily. Sometimes the boys would come in three times a day but there was 4 different groups. it was nice to have them come in bc they always could cheer you up. I really liked working there most of the time.
Pros
half price at subway for lunch
Good experience in meeting new people
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Adelaide n Fanshawe,London ON1 April 2018
Knowledge about smoke and lottery
Customer service in all the products at Gas station
Familiar with SFOA
Knowledge about smoking prevention act and legal age to buy lottery and smoke
Friendly place to work
GAS STATION ATTENDANT (Cashier) (Current Employee) –  Dundas, ON26 March 2018
Join this company in may 2015 and still a part of this working as a gsa and helping out the customers time to time with their problems if there is any and try to resolve those.
bonne esprit d’équipe
Caissier (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 March 2018
Cet une bonne expérience. Cet emploi rend plus confiant.
Pros
bonne esprit d’équipe
Cons
un peu dangereux, surtout durant les heures de nuit
Fun
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 March 2018
Great place to work. Small company belonging now to US parent. Opportunities for all kinds of employment as all activities are run out of the Mississauga locations.
enjoyed working there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC20 March 2018
Enjoyed working here, until I was robbed at gun point and pistol whipped. This event really changed my life. I still have panic attacks from this. They were supportive in this and made sure I had professional help right away
Pros
great place to work
Cons
being robbed
bonne ambiance et une horaire qui repondais a mais attente
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Amos, QC19 March 2018
C`étais un emploie stressent mais j`aimais beaucoup les condition de travail et j`ai pue apprendre le métier de caisière. Dans la journée s`étais asser tranquille je placais les tablette et les réfrigérateurs et je m`ocupais des achats des clients.
Pros
Je fesais 40 heure semaine et je me suis habituer au métier stressent.
Cons
Le temps étais parfoit long
Busy schedule but good experience to build many useful skills
CASHIER/GUEST SERVICE ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Macklin, SK16 March 2018
There were many small tasks that kept me busy at every minute of my shift. The management at this particular branch was not the best, however I picked up many soft skills, such as teamwork, patience, prioritizing and more
Pros
Generous hours
Cons
Many small tasks
a day in the life
Guest Service Attendant (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Stewiacke, NS16 March 2018
I only work four hours a shift with only one or two shifts a week. In the almost 3 years I've worked there I've never had any problems with the staff. The manager is good, and easy to talk with. Usually we are pretty busy with a few minutes in between to change the coffee or stock something. I enjoy working at Petro Canada but am looking for a second job as they don't have many hours for me. I'm part time so I don't qualify for most of the bonuses.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Don't qualify for bonuses
Travail d'équipe
Commis, Assistant Gérant (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC16 March 2018
chez petro canada le travail d'équipe est excellent certain employé sont devenu des amis extremement proche.
Good workplace, cooperative relationships, safe
GSA (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 March 2018
That was very good company for work . They gave good pay and increments.management was also cooperative.I learned too much from that workplace. Very interesting job
productive and fun workplace with my co workers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 March 2018
typical day at work is when I don't look at the clock 10 times in a minutes. when I see customers smile and satisfied with my work. what I learnt is don't let one customer change your whole mood or ruin your day. I am not really experienced in management but I am a quick learner. workplace culture is my punctuality, loyalty, my attitude... the hardest part of the job was the drive offs. and most enjoyable was getting to meet new people everyday.
Pros
free coffe and teas
Cons
drive offs
Bon
Commis entrepôt + service clients (Former Employee) –  St Henri de Lévis14 March 2018
Bon et surtout ça m'a apporter beaucoup d'endurance physique et psychologique
Pros
Près de chez moi
Cons
Pas de pauses
Not tooo bad
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB10 March 2018
Had a great time working for these guys and earned a nice bit of cash. This is perfect for kids fresh out high school to learn and begin a career. I would recommend this job.
Pros
Good people, not very stressful
Cons
Late shifts
Agréable
Caissier (Current Employee) –  Pointes trumbles10 March 2018
Pétro canada paye mal ses employers et n'offre aucun avantage social: Pas de sécurité d'emploi, d'assurance ni de retraite....
Bien juste le chiffe de nuit
DEPANNEUR (Former Employee) –  Saint-Luc, QC10 March 2018
Beaucoup trops de tache a accomplir sur tous quand le chiffre de jour lui ne les fond pas sa nous donne deux fois plus de job
un travail comme les autres
CAISSIÈRE (Former Employee) –  east-angus9 March 2018
clientèle très souriantes. les autres employés ne fond pas nécessairement leurs travail.
Pros
rien
Cons
ramasser les autres