Petro Canada

Petro Canada Employee Reviews

Found 1,034 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,058 reviews

Not bad

Place isn't bad to work at, but it is extremely frustrating. You have employees who barely would do things or don't do anything at all. You have to deal with drug addicts/homeless on a constant basis. I personally did not get paid enough for what I did for that company, and i will never go back. Hers a list of what my day looked like for a 7am-3pm shift; make coffee, clean coffee station, sweep floor, mop floor, check washroom, watch cameras, check guests out, make sure car wash is ok, organize store inside, cooler stock, front face entire store, upsell chocolate/etc, lottery tickets+smokes, change garbage, clean up outside, clean car wash, washer fluid stock and clean, ETC ETC ETC. Not paid enough to go back. considering everyone never did their duties so i would have to or I would get in trouble because it was on my shift my manager would come in everyday, and because it was my shift and was dirty, its my fault.

Pros

Free coffee/hot beverage, free car washes, amazing CEO, bomb Christmas parties

Cons

Poor co-workers, WAY too many duties, Pay isn't great, environment unsafe, etc

Definition of a Dead-End Job

Nothing can say it quite as well as minimum wage, no chance for a wage increase, and constant efforts from the manager to infringe on your days off. On top of that you have to deal with the worst of humanity every day you work. If you need a job ASAP this is the place though.

Pros

None, you get nothing aside from mediocre health coverage after a year.

Cons

Odd workflow, average hours, multitasking required, long stretches of nothing to do is common

Highly political

management dishonest,w/o Intregity, loves kiss ask employees Do not honor customer promises. Management pits employees against each otherVery good line of products

Pros

working from home

Cons

slackers not kept accountable

Minimum wage

Bad pay no advancement and way to fast pace. Never get a proper break or bathroom time. Always a customer in the store and you work alone. Minimum wage no proper cleaning being done. Would not recommend unless you don't care about anything. Scheduling is not always what you want or need and manager is very selfish

Pros

Cons

Stressful, no breaks always getting schedule problems

Disorganized

I only worked there for three weeks and in those three weeks, they're very disorganised, they make you come in 35 minutes before your shift. I was supposed to have my paycheque about two weeks ago and they said I needed to wait another two weeks. So I need to wait a whole month for a paycheque of three weeks. Don't work here, they don't pay you enough for that kind of job.

Productive but stressful

Their Management is not as good as expected. The Supervisor is not cooperative and doesn't care about employee. Overall organized but the work is stressful.

Pros

Cons

has is listen unnecessary stuffs from the supervisor

It was Really fun also employed even friendly

It was Really fun also employed even friendly if I get my job back I will be happy to go back .manager always asked me if you wanted to come earlier to start you can

Fine place to be between jobs

My time there the employees were nice but it was a very average job. I stayed on through covid while all but 1 other employee went on cerb. I was running the store working overtime along with a second job. Most of the essential businesses got a $2.00 an hour pay increase so I asked about that and was told they'd think about it and gave me a $25.00 giftcard for save on which I called my hush money. Everyone high up in the company did not care about the lower people. Was not a fun experience and I did not feel appreciated for how much I did for them.

Pros

Easy job to do

Cons

Entitled customers, high up managers and owners, minimum wage with rare and slight increases in pay

Aucune securite d emploi

Les clients sont impatients et impolis.Il faut faire de la vente sous pression en offrant des articles connexes. Ce n est pas valorisant comme emploi.

Pros

10% de rabais sur ce qui n est pas en special

Cons

Pas de pause, pas d heure de repas. Il faut manger debout entre 2 clients.

Fast paced environment. Pay is terrible, Unpleasant and disrespectful Higher management

Worked with the same employer for almost 10 years. No pay raise or chances of growth. Higher Management treats you like you don’t exist. Unrealistic Sales targets.

Pros

Flexible timing

Cons

No pay raise. Long hours. A lot of responsibility

felt more like a family then a job

the hardest part of the job would be learning the system but the newer system is a lot easyier. the people and manijors that i had were amaxing in every singal way this job experince was wlecoming and amazing for any person to have. the customers were mostly friendly and caring as well.

Bonne environnement de travail

J’ai beaucoup apprécié les collègues là bas c’était une bonne équipe malgré le peu d’heure disponible j’ai dû quitter

Pros

Rabais de 40% sur le A&W

Cons

Aucun

Great to work at petro Canada 🇨🇦

I think it’s great to work at petro Canada. Because work culture is great 👍. Every one who wants to get in their own business they should work at petro Canada 🇨🇦 to learn how to run their own business. Thanks 🙏

Very unfriendly

Initially the job seemed pretty simple, just another run of the mill cashier position. Over time however, the management changed, I got put on nights, and things started getting worse. The hours aren't very good, as they have too many employees to guarantee anyone a five day week. The store is extremely cold overnight, and even if there are no customers you are expected to be standing behind the counter at all times. There are no lunch breaks and when you want to take a break you are required to either inform your coworker during the day or stay up front and eat. Overall I'd reccomend people avoid this location, the management is unfriendly and unless you are a friend of theirs you will almost certainly be put on during holidays. Other coworkers were treated similarly and have their own issues with the job.

Pros

Slow pace with minor bouts of activity.

Cons

Irregular hours, the location is a 24hr store and you will be working over holidays, The managment is unfriendly and will sacrifice your comfort if they feel it necessary.

Relaxed work environment

I loved working at Petro. I moved to the island so i had to quit. I will most likely try to get a job at a petro on the island. I would recommend working at Petro. I will tell you, you will get yelled at by coworks and customers.

Pros

Free slushies and coffee

Cons

Dont get paid double if your part time on a holiday. Only full time employees

Used to be good

If you want low wages in the trucking industry and managers who never answer your calls or questions or simply are never there then Petro Canada Fuels is for you.

Pros

Experience, then move on to a better place to work

Cons

Management and pay scale is the heart of the cons with this environment.

Just a pay check

Honestly, i would not recommend. I never felt respected or safe. Laws and guidelines were mere suggestions to my boss. What ever is illegal to do to your employees, he did it. The location I worked for was so bad, they're no longer called Petro, it's just a variety store now. It was very smart for Petro to pull their name from those people, they would have destroyed the Petro name.

Pros

Customers and close proximity to house

Cons

Management, cleaning standards, not recieving breaks, inappropriate harrassment, physical and mental abuse.. to name a few

Productive workplace, fun if you like to meet new people

Great job to meet local people. In the summer it was extremely busy with the tourist season. This was a bit difficult due to the pandemic. Plus the station had the only restroom in town that was open. As you work by yourself you have to clean as well as watch the pumps, cars and people. You also have to fill the coolers and shelves.

Pros

Meet lots of people

Cons

Very busy in the summer

Ne recommencerait pas

Bon premier emploi pour un étudiant à temps PARTIEL si tu es bien formé. Ma formation a été bâclée et j'ai du tout apprendre par moi-même, la gestion était mal organisée mais ça m'a appris à avoir un service à la clientele hors pair et à maitriser parfaitement une caisse. Pas vraiment de possibilité d'avancements. Si tu es de soir, assure toi que les employés de nuit vont rentrer car sinon tu es la personne qui restera sur le plancher. Faire des 16 heures en ligne, ça m'est arrivé. Souvent.

Love to work here but

I absolutely love my coworkers and my management team, the only downfall is there isnt much room to grow. Title and wage wise. The job is fairly easy, and you make a lot of friends, whether it be coworkers or customers.

Pros

Fun work place, great people to work with, fairly easy

Cons

No room to grow career wise, or wage wise.

Multi tasking job

Great, I managed subway as well as a gas station at the same time at petro Canada.I have learned some skills to tackles many problems with calm and cool nature.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Petro Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement