Petro Canada Employee Reviews

good and a busy to work
Assistant Manager and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 October 2018
Petro Canada is a good place to work with a competitive salary and the management is very humble towards the employers. Being a gas station, it keeps the place very busy. Working in that situation gives an experience of working in any busy environment and staying alert all the time.
Working part time to enjoy both family and work
Senior Administration (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 January 2019
Petro Canada was part of my life for over 26 years and was an awesome place to work
Suncor took over and I stayed in for 5 more years and was offered a package to leave
Suncor was a different environment with their work ethics's.
Pros
Great company with all the benefits and great salary
Cons
Suncor took over
productive and fun work ace
Senior Gsa (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 January 2019
i really learned so many thing there.met new peoples everyday which is good for so many things.management is so helpful and kind ready to help anytime
Pros
free coffee and tea
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Gas Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fort Qu'Appelle, SK19 December 2018
The hardest part of the job would be working alone. The enjoyable part is working with other coworkers. I learned how top execute excellent customer service in the customer service work field.
Cons
Long hours, Out-of-Town
fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON6 February 2019
Enjoyed the new atmosphere. Great job to learn. I met new people and learnt all kids of different things. Great experience overall, very productive job.
Pros
Cons
rude people
Productive and busy place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC17 January 2019
Complete daily opening and closing procedures
Maintain store appearance,stocking coolers, checking for expiry dates
Stocked smokes and lottery
Received orders and put away
Counted cash, took deposit to the bank,posted reconciliation
Can generate,export,import cycle counts
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
No benefits
Basically a job requiring no previous educational background.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK17 February 2019
I suffer from PTSD and as a consequence its taken time to see a psychologist. Its taken a great deal of time to heal but I can assure you I get the job done on time and accurately.
Pros
IT was on First Nation land so the benefits worked out well.
Cons
The GM did not do a lot to help staff when they had personal problems
productive
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 November 2018
Nice company to work for but no benefits better hours is 7-3 love it. I had a good experience of been a manager learn a lot from them and had the opportunity to do clerical works.
its a job
GSA Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON17 December 2018
usually worked alone, management didnt really care. hard to get time off and management wasnt understanding at all if you needed to call in sick. its a job
Closer
Night's Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB7 December 2018
I was a closer gas attended and cashier for this position, It was lonely and a lot to deal with at the end of the night I would measure gas, order gas and do inventory control, I had another job at gondola pizzas at the same time to make up for hours. I liked the management and work settings
Pros
free coffee
Cons
nights shift, not enough pay
Great company to work for
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 November 2018
Great balance between work and life. They care about their employees. Great benefits and vacation time. The research and development team is like a family.
Really hit and miss with management
Guest Services Attendant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC7 November 2018
The worst part about the job was that you work alone, have no scheduled breaks, and aren't allowed to sit down during your entire 8 hour shift. Some of the regular customers, and overall ease of the job made up for the flaky management, but the poor pay makes it pretty unpleasant place of work.
Collaborative work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON18 October 2018
Good and supportive management. Non interfering as I always performed beyond expectations. I was trusted and never queried about my work. Was very appreciated by management, colleagues and customers.
awesome environment and a great opportunity to work at
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB22 November 2018
excellent customer service. friendly atmosphere. family based and oriented. lots of learning and keeping up to date on current trends. great way to grow and proceed upwards in the company.
Pros
friendly customers and excellent coworkers.
Cons
not union based and no benefits.
decent hours, easy job for the pay.
Gas Jockey (Former Employee) –  Creighton, SK27 November 2018
its a easy job show up on time and take orders as to what the person wants in there tank, ask if they want the windows done and if they would like the oil checked. the hardest part of the... are the people that think that they can pull a fast one on you. the ones that are willing to lie to get you into trouble as to what they have told you to put into the tank and most gas stations will keep a voice recording of what you say it's built into some stores as a safety feather or a buddy system set up if there are more than one jockey working at a time. some stores around the country will have a store policy where if something happens like that you will pay the difference out of your pocket. the workplace culture is pretty decent as you are there to make it easier on the person to get gas and stand out in the good and bad weather. enjoyable part of the job is getting to met new people from anywhere in the world it's maybe one of the few places you will met and see some things that maybe will shock you and make you laugh. what will you learn working as a jockey.... make sure you to repeat the number that person tells you and get a yup or yes, don't walk into traffic without looking first. make sure to rack the pump please dont leave it in there so they drive away with it makes for lots of paper work and you may not have a job after. don't get mad if someone talks down to you it sadly part of the job ( just make fun of them with your other gas jockey).
Pros
decent hours easy job detail.
Cons
little pay, bad weather
Good jop
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 November 2018
It's good for temporary jop not permenant and also it learned you how to treat woth different culture of people finally it's very good customer service experience
quiet atmosphere
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON26 September 2018
great coworkers, great place to work all though it was a struggle to find someone to cover shifts on sick days even with ample notice, management could be rude at times but over all was good to work with when needed
Pros
free coffee
Cons
lack of communication
review on a particular location not the company
GSA (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS22 May 2018
started working there in 2014 and loved it. It was a great environment with the staff and friendly customers, I never encountered problems working there until new management came in 2017 and fired nearly everyone. My shifts were changed and hours cut from 40 hours a week to 18 hours without consulting me if I would be willing to work less hours. I was never informed on changes in the store, like when they changed the location of the store bags or cleaning supplies. Co-workers gossiped far too much about each other. Eventually it got to the point where it felt like I was bullied by management until they ultimately fired me without a good cause, while other workers got away with doing whatever they pleased.

tldr; Management sucks.
Productive, well managed establishment
Store front Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON5 September 2018
I loved working at Petro Canada.The management was incredible. Super friendly and easy to get along with, easily helped with any questions or concerns and were very confident in their employees. The only reason I ended up quitting was due to always ending up with 3pm-11pm shifts daily- which in a sense, would have been absolutely fine, but the hours were not allowing me to see my oldest daughter except every other weekend or for a few hours in the morning before school due to her hours of such.
Pros
Everything else was amaing
Cons
Inconvenient hours
Platform for real customer interaction
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2018
I have dealt with thousands of customers since I have started working here and every customer is unique in their own way. Colleagues were very friendly and supportive. Although it becomes hard to work outside during harsh winters, management takes care of the employees by providing necessary protective clothing and gear.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Minimum Pay