Pethealth Inc.

Pethealth Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada42 reviews
Arrogant owner at the time with a short fuse. Very little concern of individual when deadlines needed to be met. Coworkers at the time were awesome !!
I worked for this company from 2009 to 2011. Things may have improved in this company since the ownership change just a few short years later. I worked with outstanding coworkers and going to work was a fun experience with my fellow coworkers. Unfortunately the management in this organization made you quickly realize there is no future . That is why turnover is regular.
Absolutely Amazing
Helpful colleagues and management, opportunity to learn and grow, positive environment. Constant recognition and rewards. CEO is a gem of a person. healthy competition to achieve individual goals.
Finally found the job that's right for me
I was in the Vet Tech field for about 6 years and started to feel the burnout. It was a relief to come work for Pethealth and have a change of pace.
I have set hours each day where I go in, process claims-and soon underwrite- and then I go home and enjoy my personal life without worry or stress. They are adamant from day 1 that when you leave work, they want you to focus on your life. They believe in fun and enjoying your job before anything else. I even work from home a few days a week now which is the biggest blessing.

The team looks out for each other and are always there to answer questions should you have any. They're all amazing people and I count myself so lucky to be apart of this team.

The hardest part of my job is we do process French claims which I do not speak. It is not a requirement to speak French to work in claims which is nice but handwritten French claims can be a bit of a challenge sometimes.

This job has so much to offer that the Vet Tech field couldn't and I am happy to say that I enjoy going to work again.
Pros
Benefits, Work from home, great team
Cons
Translating French
Great Place
Pethealth is a great place to work if you want a change of scenery. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Would recommend if you want to start a new career path. A lot of growth within the company.
Nice place to work
Pethealth is a unique place to work that can expose employees to various career paths and different opportunities, It is a wonderful experience working with such a great group of people.
Great working environment
Great professional people to work with. Also on the note Work life balance company. I found interesting and innovative projects and work styles that impressed me a lot.
Really great coworkers!
I've been at Pethealth for about a month now, and I have never felt more welcome in a call center environment. Everyone from the CEO and HR, down to the cubicle buddies in my row have been really great. People are friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I had never considered a job in insurance before coming here, but with the OTL training and exam fees paid, it was a no brainer. I plan on planting some roots here and look forward to growing with the company.
Good work culture and friendly people
Pethealth has good work culture with supporting and friendly staff. employees are well taken care of. worklife balance is very good with work from home option.
Good starter Job
Good place to begin your career but not a place to stay at for long. Get whatever you can out of it - bonuses, certifications - and then bounce. Pay is not enough to live on your own and there is very little done to provide vertical growth. The company is just too small for that. Low level leaders are for the most good but a couple incompetent managers can ruin your time there. The culture is pretty good overall. I felt I was treated well - bonuses were decent, facilities were clean and well run, dog friendly office at the insurance portion of the company. Pizza was frequently rewarded to us. Just no room to move up. Sad but true! :(
Bad experience
bad benefits. Management does not like any other opinion - if try then you are fired. Problem with equipment - you can wait months. Management likes "window dressing" - don't care about real work.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Great company culture. Excellent training. Fair pay, and room for advancement within the company. Flexible shifts. Great people. Management is amazing, weekly follow ups.
Great Place to Work
Great company culture. Excellent training. Fair pay, and room for advancement within the company. Relaxed work environment with multiple shifts available to help with work-life balance.
Great job with a fun atmosphere and quirky perks
Amazing work culture. Great team environment. All managers have an open door policy not afraid to ask questions. Great benefits and perks that go with position.
Great workplace environment and staff!
Excellent training provided, friendly staff, healthy work environment. Management is very easy to communicate with and make you feel comfortable sharing concerns.

Very rewarding job, especially when you get to reunite owners with their pets
Don’t join
Management prefers their favorite only, so if your not a kiss a** no chance of growth. No one is willing to take responsibility in management. Job security is the only good thing cause people quit all the time and salary is way below for licensed insurance agents plus a very bad commission criteria!
Pros
Saturday off
Cons
Open till 9pm
Avoid if you can
An interesting environment, that offers great confusion on what upper management wants and what middle management is instructed to do. HR is a joke that no one is laughing at. Never worked in an environment that allowed HR to make personal comments on employees, little to no decorum recognized.

If you have no experience, not a bad place to start, they pay for your insurance license and give you three tries to pass OTL no matter what your test score is.

If you have experience, this place should be avoided, it will frustrate you and offer no professional growth.
HR and management are a joke
Was orally hired over the phone, said I would get the written offer of employment in my email in a day or two - fast forward 2.5 weeks, never came in my email. During those weeks I had to call, and email, to be updated as to what was going on; constantly reassured that it would be in my inbox soon. I had to keep reaching out and just kept getting excuses as to why the written offer was not sent to me. Finally I emailed to reject any offer and was told they were very sorry to hear that and again was given a bunch of excuses as to why it had not come. No responsibility was taken on their part, I felt like I was doing the woman’s job in having to keep getting updates instead of her updating me on why it was taking so long. Also - only part time work, very little hours, not worth it.
Great job with a fun atmosphere and quirky perks
I've worked here for over a year now and I love it.

Its fast paced, and if you're not good at multi-tadking and prioritizing then this wouldn't be a good fit for you. I often work extra hours without pay but I don't really mind as I like my job!

The pay/benefits are good - raises are performance based so if you excel it is recognized, free or discounted pet insurance, three weeks vacation, most stat holidays off, weekends off.

There is free tea and coffee with milk/cream provided, free fruit delivered weekly (get there early, it goes fast), an air hockey and a foosball table upstairs, inter-department competitions (holiday desk decorating, ugly sweater, Halloween costume), travel competitions for most departments (previous years trips included a cruise and a beach vacation) a great Christmas party, and an active social committee that arranges events regularly.

Most lower level management is good and knows what they're doing. Senior management (including our down to earth and hilarious CEO) are approachable and friendly, and if you have ideas they genuinely want to hear them.

Overall an excellent place to work for people with a strong work ethic looking for a fun and rewarding environment.
Pros
Free tea/coffee, free fruit, free air hockey and foosball, staff events, competitions
Cons
Regularly work longer hours and don't necessarily get paid
High stress, no job security.
They have a very high turnover rate. They fire staff before their annual reviews yo avoid paying raises. They have group layoffs quite often in all departments. They say they will pay for you to continue your education but will fire you the day after your exam to avoid paying for that too. No job security.
Upon signing your new staff contract read the fine print, you're signing away your legal right to severance upon being let go or quitting.

Atmosphere is hectic and stressful, more often the staff are under trained and misinformed making customers very frustrated.

They are not flexible with hours and do not provide a decent work life balance.

Management say they're people oriented but with such frequent mass layoffs you have to wonder how they can keep saying that.
Pros
Cons
Too many to count.
Nice on the surface, but management plays favourites
Unfortunately seniority means nothing at this company. You can work overtime & long hours as much as you like (and they'll ask you to do this a lot because every department is short staffed) but you will never get ahead unless management decides they like you ... and good luck with that. This company could do great things but management needs an overhaul.

Despite talk of advancement in the company, you only get ahead if you suck up to Management. Membership/Customer Care agents are expected to take on Lost Pet calls even when swamped with their own work. Shift Bid is extremely stressful and does not reward senior agents. Once you are stuck with a late shift, you are most likely staying there.
Pros
The CEO really seems to care about the business & people in it, Free insurance for one pet member of your family, Free coffee/tea/fruit in the break room, Pizza is ordered when you work on holidays if a supervisor is there to order it, which isn't always the case, Town Hall Meetings.
Cons
Supervisors and Management play favourites, Lack of communication from team leaders/supervisors, Changes in procedure are thrown at you without being fully explained, Each department has cliques & there is a lot of gossip which causes negativity.
It’s all about end of day numbers
Unrealistic daily targets which seem to increase frequently. Work extremely hard for minimum wage. Monthly personal audits which makes you feel like a criminal. You better get ready to explain yourself by days ends on why you didn’t meet their crazy targets. If you like working through your breaks and lunch, this is the job for you!
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Slave work