Pethealth Inc. Employee Reviews

Great job with a fun atmosphere and quirky perks
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON29 December 2018
I've worked here for over a year now and I love it.

Its fast paced, and if you're not good at multi-tadking and prioritizing then this wouldn't be a good fit for you. I often work extra hours without pay but I don't really mind as I like my job!

The pay/benefits are good - raises are performance based so if you excel it is recognized, free or discounted pet insurance, three weeks vacation, most stat holidays off, weekends off.

There is free tea and coffee with milk/cream provided, free fruit delivered weekly (get there early, it goes fast), an air hockey and a foosball table upstairs, inter-department competitions (holiday desk decorating, ugly sweater, Halloween costume), travel competitions for most departments (previous years trips included a cruise and a beach vacation) a great Christmas party, and an active social committee that arranges events regularly.

Most lower level management is good and knows what they're doing. Senior management (including our down to earth and hilarious CEO) are approachable and friendly, and if you have ideas they genuinely want to hear them.

Overall an excellent place to work for people with a strong work ethic looking for a fun and rewarding environment.
Pros
Free tea/coffee, free fruit, free air hockey and foosball, staff events, competitions
Cons
Regularly work longer hours and don't necessarily get paid
High stress, no job security.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 December 2018
They have a very high turnover rate. They fire staff before their annual reviews yo avoid paying raises. They have group layoffs quite often in all departments. They say they will pay for you to continue your education but will fire you the day after your exam to avoid paying for that too. No job security.
Upon signing your new staff contract read the fine print, you're signing away your legal right to severance upon being let go or quitting.
Atmosphere is hectic and stressful, more often the staff are under trained and misinformed making customers very frustrated.
They are not flexible with hours and do not provide a decent work life balance.
Management say they're people oriented but with such frequent mass layoffs you have to wonder how they can keep saying that.
Pros
Cons
Too many to count.
It’s all about end of day numbers
Claims Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON27 October 2018
Unrealistic daily targets which seem to increase frequently. Work extremely hard for minimum wage. Monthly personal audits which makes you feel like a criminal. You better get ready to explain yourself by days ends on why you didn’t meet their crazy targets. If you like working through your breaks and lunch, this is the job for you!
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Slave work
Terrible company
Cacau (Former Employee) –  Oakvile27 October 2018
I worked there for a little more than 4 years in the CCU. Management was terrible. They would do a shift bid which was terrible and didn’t care if you were there 4 years or 4 days. Tenure means nothing to them. Your “coaching” if you wanna call it that was “do better”. When you asked how you were hit with “I don’t know. Just do better”. Policies and procedures would change weekly. Your QA was 4 months behind and you were marked down if you didn’t follow last weeks new changes 4 months ago. You’ll never move anywhere despite them telling you otherwise. Favourites are played and unless you brown nose the whole time you get the worst treatment. They Pay you “salary”. But put their own spin on it. If miss a day cause of illness you lose the hours, of you stay late or do overtime you don’t see another dime. They make you work every holiday despite their US employees get them off. They don’t pay 1.5 time on holidays cause they don’t feel like it. Pretty sure that violates labour laws. After 4 years they fired me and the excuse they gave was “you tried to save a customer by offer a 5% discount”. This is the worst place to work I’ve ever seen. Avoid at all costs
Pros
Nome
Cons
Great company culture working with and for amazing people but no way to effect change and advance in the company.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 September 2018
Constant lack of or just miscommunication, if you give an inch in terms of performing extra tasks or working overtime and they will take a mile. Small issues aren't addressed when brought to manager's attention so they pile up for months and the agents are left to be yelled at by understandably angry policy holders.
Pros
Free lunches and pet insurance for one pet
Cons
Shift bid, low salary, irate customers
Fun place to work - Easy to stay motivated!
CLAIMS ADMINISTRAVTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON15 April 2018
Although the atmosphere and colleagues were great i found it hard to advance within the company. * Easier said then done* - persistance however paid off in the end - overall good company to work for.
Pros
fair work life balance
Cons
different departments have different rules - can be click-ey just like any office.
8 May 2018

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! Pethealth tends to hire ambitious and career-minded people, so I can certainly understand how it might seem like advancement is hard to come by, especially when others are vying for the same role. I'm glad that your persistence (and hard work!) got you to where you wanted to be.

You need to sell or they let you go
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 April 2018
Typical day is speaking to customers with their problems, your selling with a repetitive script or fixing customers errors online that the website has failed to fix. They require you to sell but most calls you are getting are service related. Management is very busy all the time and there are a lot of escalations. Workplace culture seems over all nice. Your pay is low and you might make commission if you are able to get sales calls. There is a very high turnover rate.
Pros
People are nice
Cons
The actual job
8 May 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are undergoing a "makeover" as it pertains to how calls are routed to our front-line staff. Hopefully this will result in or service team receiving the calls from customers with concerns, and free up our sales agents to do what they do best! Sales targets are indeed high as we want to ensure that our sales agents are striving for their very best, as it will positively impact your earnings

Great job as an introduction to office life
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 December 2017
A fun group of people working close knit in the office. Not much room for financial growth or gain however worth it for the experience in a professional setting. Management was excellent and supportive.
8 May 2018

Thanks so much for leaving a review! We are currently implementing a Job Path program so that all of our employees know exactly what they need to do to get to the next stage of their career plan. Hopefully that will help to improve financial growth for those who are seeking it. (and I agree - we are pretty fun!)

Ordered Pizza on Friday's
Team Lead - Customer Service Rep. (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON6 October 2017
Being on the night shift, we were allowed much more freedom than the day staff. We managed to be on our own without management.
I enjoyed my tenure
Pros
outside activities all year long
8 May 2018

Thanks for the review! Glad that you enjoyed your position with us! (but now I'm craving pizza).

Great experience.
SOFTWARE TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON19 July 2017
Liked the fact that you worked from home. Great team spirit and collaboration. However you have to be able to work on the fly and expect and accept quick changes in direction and new procedures.
Pros
Working from home with your pets.
Cons
Communication between departments concerning updates and training is not the best.
8 May 2018

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! You have provided some great insight and some valuable constructive advice regarding communication. Communication is of the utmost importance, and we continue to strive to increase the quality between our teams.

Happy - Evolving company
Call Centre Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 May 2017
The company has come a long way with positive change. You need to be open to change, this company has changed to performance driven meaning you can quickly work your way up to a shift you want :) rather than it being based on tenure. Open to front line suggestions and you see them implemented over time. Its come a long away !
Pros
Great incentives, prizes, Sports ticket, you can book a meeting with management for career growth
Cons
be perpare for change....extra hours required paid with overtime :)
8 May 2018

I love the title of your review! We are evolving, and we are happy! You're absolutely right, to evolve, we must change - doing the same thing over and over won't help us become the company that we want to be! We are so glad to have you on the team, and that you're (happily) evolving with us!

Really think hard before applying
Lost Pet Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON22 March 2017
You're not an employee, you're a number. Lots of changes get implemented, but nobody listens to the team for their opinions on anything.
If you don't have a degree or a license to move into another department, growth is very hard.

You're on the phone all day. I mean, ALL DAY. Your availability better be from open to close cause otherwise you're forced to either adapt and sacrifice or. Quit. Also, you're severely underpaid for being yelled at by your callers all day.

Hard to talk to some management cause it seems like they don't care quite a bit.

Think hard before you decide this is the place for you.
Pros
You make some great friends.
Cons
Way too many to list.
pethealth
specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON15 March 2017
they are good. nice company. good workers. good managers. good location. decent hours. nice to employees.................have nothing else to comment.
good
Cons
Good place to work overall
Customer Care Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 January 2017
Great people driving rapid change. Fun if you enjoy the challenge. Motivational leadership and growth opportunities.
Not a good choice
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON6 January 2017
This company has no protocols. Coaching sessions are poor but they want you to perform. Management will give you mental stress until you feel miserable to quit. If the management does not like you they will not listen to you and easily gets annoyed if question is being asked. Horrible company to work for.
Not good
Administrative Assistant, CSR, Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 March 2016
This company has changed significantly, but the poor management, poor pay and horrible hours outweighs everything.
Hrs can range 8-9 you are expected to work Saturdays 9-6 and the measurable targets u are expected to meet and maintain are exceptionally high.

If you want to work in a gossip environment, this might be the place for you. Otherwise, i'd consider your options before settling here.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Long hrs, poor management, unprofessional, poor salary
Not for me
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON7 December 2015
Working at this company you get a set schedule for 3 months, the hours are from 8:30-9pm, and you need to be available to work any of these hours, otherwise your job is at risk. The pay is low, about 30k, and doesnt reflect the amount of stress you have to endure. This job is great if you are single, with no family, otherwise you will miss out on spending time with them.
Nice people to work with
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakville, Ontario19 October 2015
Overall this is one of the friendliest environments to work in for the most part.

There are a lot of helpful people who can teach you things without issue.

Salary is decent, but oppurtunity for moving up doesn't seem great.
Over all it was a great opportunity
Insurance Sales Advisor (Full-time Permanent) (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON30 September 2015
Over all it was a great opportunity, just being on the phones all day saying the same things over and over gets boring very quickly.
Pros
Great benefits, fairly easy work
Cons
Rating schedule, sitting all day.
Plenty of opportunity for growth
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON28 May 2015
Pethealth Inc has plenty of opportunity for growth and often hires internally. There are many new procedures and plans for the company and management is always on the employees side. Salary is very low and raises are not often given.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pethealth Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9