Pethealth Inc.

Pethealth Inc. Employee Reviews

I worked for this company from 2009 to 2011. Things may have improved in this company since the ownership change just a few short years later. I worked with outstanding coworkers and going to work was a fun experience with my fellow coworkers. Unfortunately the management in this organization made you quickly realize there is no future . That is why turnover is regular.
Think long and hard before you apply. There is NO work life balance. Your schedule changes every 8 weeks and you only get to pick based on your call score for the month. So if you have a low call score you will most likely get a horrible shift. The pay is definitely not up to par with the type/amount of work you do. Management is horrible. They are not flexible or understanding. If you’re planning on booking a vacation or time off...good luck. Chances are it will get denied. This company is full of empty promises. They try to cover it up by providing a nice coffee maker in the kitchen and fresh fruit. If you want to advance anywhere in this company you will have to be willing to work insanely hard for it. If you have to make up any time missed on a shift you DO NOT get to choose when you make it up. They do. If you need accommodations (for medical reasons) it’ll take months to get the assessment done and even then they can deny you. Honestly I would highly recommend you not apply. You will be miserable, stressed, exhausted, and under valued.
Pros
Free pet insurance, employee benefits
Cons
To many to list
Official response from Pethealth Inc.
31 July 2020
Thank you for taking your time to provide your feedback on Pethealth, we are disappointed to hear that your experience with us has not been positive.Our shared values are essential in our relationships and we value transparency and open communication. We encourage all of our employees to voice their concerns about all things including; time off, work life balance, their specific shifts and more in our annual anonymous employee engagement survey or in our weekly town halls.We have our quality assurance team in place to work with the call center team members on their call scores and quality assurance, should you need additional training we would be happy to set you up for success. We also work with all employees to get accommodations in place as quickly as we can however with the current restrictions it has been more difficult so we ask you to connect with your People & Culture team. We thank you for sharing your feedback on Pethealth and urge you to reach out to your direct Manager & People & Culture team to resolve any outstanding items you may have.
Since I started I have felt like part of a Team. They recognize you for your accomplishments which makes you feel valued. Management and co-workers are very helpful and supportive.
Pros
Recognition and Teamwork
It is a great workplace and every one is very friendly. Have fresh fruit, coffee and pizza and snacks on Friday. It is a great experience to work in Pethealth.
Helpful colleagues and management, opportunity to learn and grow, positive environment. Constant recognition and rewards. CEO is a gem of a person. healthy competition to achieve individual goals.
I was in the Vet Tech field for about 6 years and started to feel the burnout. It was a relief to come work for Pethealth and have a change of pace. I have set hours each day where I go in, process claims-and soon underwrite- and then I go home and enjoy my personal life without worry or stress. They are adamant from day 1 that when you leave work, they want you to focus on your life. They believe in fun and enjoying your job before anything else. I even work from home a few days a week now which is the biggest blessing. The team looks out for each other and are always there to answer questions should you have any. They're all amazing people and I count myself so lucky to be apart of this team. The hardest part of my job is we do process French claims which I do not speak. It is not a requirement to speak French to work in claims which is nice but handwritten French claims can be a bit of a challenge sometimes. This job has so much to offer that the Vet Tech field couldn't and I am happy to say that I enjoy going to work again.
Pros
Benefits, Work from home, great team
Cons
Translating French
Pethealth is a great place to work if you want a change of scenery. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Would recommend if you want to start a new career path. A lot of growth within the company.
Pethealth is a unique place to work that can expose employees to various career paths and different opportunities, It is a wonderful experience working with such a great group of people.
Great professional people to work with. Also on the note Work life balance company. I found interesting and innovative projects and work styles that impressed me a lot.
I've been at Pethealth for about a month now, and I have never felt more welcome in a call center environment. Everyone from the CEO and HR, down to the cubicle buddies in my row have been really great. People are friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I had never considered a job in insurance before coming here, but with the OTL training and exam fees paid, it was a no brainer. I plan on planting some roots here and look forward to growing with the company.
Pethealth has good work culture with supporting and friendly staff. employees are well taken care of. worklife balance is very good with work from home option.
Good place to begin your career but not a place to stay at for long. Get whatever you can out of it - bonuses, certifications - and then bounce. Pay is not enough to live on your own and there is very little done to provide vertical growth. The company is just too small for that. Low level leaders are for the most good but a couple incompetent managers can ruin your time there. The culture is pretty good overall. I felt I was treated well - bonuses were decent, facilities were clean and well run, dog friendly office at the insurance portion of the company. Pizza was frequently rewarded to us. Just no room to move up. Sad but true! :(
bad benefits. Management does not like any other opinion - if try then you are fired. Problem with equipment - you can wait months. Management likes "window dressing" - don't care about real work.
Great company culture. Excellent training. Fair pay, and room for advancement within the company. Flexible shifts. Great people. Management is amazing, weekly follow ups.
Great company culture. Excellent training. Fair pay, and room for advancement within the company. Relaxed work environment with multiple shifts available to help with work-life balance.
Amazing work culture. Great team environment. All managers have an open door policy not afraid to ask questions. Great benefits and perks that go with position.
Excellent training provided, friendly staff, healthy work environment. Management is very easy to communicate with and make you feel comfortable sharing concerns. Very rewarding job, especially when you get to reunite owners with their pets
Management prefers their favorite only, so if your not a kiss a** no chance of growth. No one is willing to take responsibility in management. Job security is the only good thing cause people quit all the time and salary is way below for licensed insurance agents plus a very bad commission criteria!
Pros
Saturday off
Cons
Open till 9pm
An interesting environment, that offers great confusion on what upper management wants and what middle management is instructed to do. HR is a joke that no one is laughing at. Never worked in an environment that allowed HR to make personal comments on employees, little to no decorum recognized. If you have no experience, not a bad place to start, they pay for your insurance license and give you three tries to pass OTL no matter what your test score is. If you have experience, this place should be avoided, it will frustrate you and offer no professional growth.
Was orally hired over the phone, said I would get the written offer of employment in my email in a day or two - fast forward 2.5 weeks, never came in my email. During those weeks I had to call, and email, to be updated as to what was going on; constantly reassured that it would be in my inbox soon. I had to keep reaching out and just kept getting excuses as to why the written offer was not sent to me. Finally I emailed to reject any offer and was told they were very sorry to hear that and again was given a bunch of excuses as to why it had not come. No responsibility was taken on their part, I felt like I was doing the woman’s job in having to keep getting updates instead of her updating me on why it was taking so long. Also - only part time work, very little hours, not worth it.
I've worked here for over a year now and I love it. Its fast paced, and if you're not good at multi-tadking and prioritizing then this wouldn't be a good fit for you. I often work extra hours without pay but I don't really mind as I like my job! The pay/benefits are good - raises are performance based so if you excel it is recognized, free or discounted pet insurance, three weeks vacation, most stat holidays off, weekends off. There is free tea and coffee with milk/cream provided, free fruit delivered weekly (get there early, it goes fast), an air hockey and a foosball table upstairs, inter-department competitions (holiday desk decorating, ugly sweater, Halloween costume), travel competitions for most departments (previous years trips included a cruise and a beach vacation) a great Christmas party, and an active social committee that arranges events regularly. Most lower level management is good and knows what they're doing. Senior management (including our down to earth and hilarious CEO) are approachable and friendly, and if you have ideas they genuinely want to hear them. Overall an excellent place to work for people with a strong work ethic looking for a fun and rewarding environment.
Pros
Free tea/coffee, free fruit, free air hockey and foosball, staff events, competitions
Cons
Regularly work longer hours and don't necessarily get paid
  1. Employee reviews