Peterborough Retirement Residence Employee Reviews

Very unsafe workplace
Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON14 January 2019
I worked here a few years ago and the job left me injured. When I went to the hospital I was informed that many of my co-workers have had to go for workplace injury and exhaustion. My injury put my nursing career on hold while I recover.
Pros
Residents and co-workers
Cons
Management, lack of safety protocols, overworks staff
Much needed improvement.
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Floor26 May 2017
Residents and coworkers are generally lovely. Management has lots of room for improvement, however; shifts that are known to be short weeks in advance are left short until the day of. Schedule is always changed/shifts always added to your shedule on very short notice with zero communication. Constantly understaffed and overworked and staff is underpaid. Corners are cut and pennies are pinched to a fault here. Two reviews before this one sound like they may have been written by management.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Poor management.
Friendly and accepting environment
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON14 March 2017
This job led me to discover that I am passionate about helping others. A very welcoming and friendly place to work. The staff as well as the residents were all wonderful.
Great staff working to make everyday memorable
Receptionist/Guest Attendant in Enhanced Care Unit (Current Employee) –  1039 Water street5 March 2015
A very busy, fast paced environment where attention to detail, multi tasking and organization is key. Management are approachable, open and always there to assist with anything that is needed. Residents make work fun and welcome you into there home with open arms. Staff work as a great team, assisting where and when they can.
A typical work day is very busy with tasks ranging from delivering mail, serving residents to administrative and recreation duties.Strong Multi tasking abilities are essential for success.
As an associate in the enhanced care unit you are the main care taker of the residents. Duties include dressing, feeding, bathing and personal hygiene care. Being able to assess the residents and notifying the nurse of any changes or concerns is essential. Working at a fast pace and having multi tasking skills are required in order to successfully fulfill the position.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Long hours on weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peterborough Retirement Residence. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8