Peterborough Regional Health Centre

Peterborough Regional Health Centre Employee Reviews

Decent Job

Worked as a PSW on a locked unit. Most of the time it was great and staff were awesome to work with. Definitely some bullying that occurred within the interdisciplinary team that wasn’t managed well by the management team. Rate of pay was good at the time but should definitely increase among unions.

terrible

not a good atmosphere terrible management terrible union they are there not for the employee they are there to advance their own career never look out for anyone but themselves

Cons

They dont care about balance of life, you get bumped around a lot

Not a nice place to work, they don't respect the administration staff. And life balance and work balance aren't a thing. Management has accreditation to meet that's all they care about. This Gives them bonuses at the end of the year. unusual to work 2 jobs as one. No respect for staff

Cons

Long hiurs

Great for the industry

Great bunch of caring people in the maintenance dept. Pretty casual but sometimes stressed environment due to the need for immediate repairs at times. The place itself could have been designed with more back up systems or redundancy. Management was very appreciative when you pulled a rabbit out of a hat. The trades guys were all pretty cool and everyone helped everyone when needed. Good place to learn. Nobody watching over your back

Pros

People, Freedom, Killer pension plan

Cons

Shifts, Money

great

I did a placement and was giving a large amount of responsibility which was a great learning experience. It was a valuable exposure to many moving parts of a hospital.

Placement

sad that it ended early it was going amazingly well. I wish the virus had not come in and made the school make our hours stop. I would have kept going I felt like I was making a difference.

Rewarding and accommodating

I was a volunteer who sat at the front desk and greeted patients and visitors. I would lead them to their desired location throughout the hospital. My fellow volunteers were very kind and helpful, especially while I was training. Our manager was very hardworking and kind.

collaborative work environment

Friendly environment with its main goal to provide the best possible care to patients while promoting their independence.Staffs are well trained to be client focused. Team work in this environment is well emphasized especially with medication checks In order to avoid medication errors.

Needs improved management skills

Not a very fair or equal place to work. Very clicky place. People get preferred treatment. Wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone. Workload is very heavy for one person, work needs to be distributed fairly.

Transition phase & abusing system.

Managment has no clue about CSA standards. No rights to refuse unsafe work during probation time, false promises and no consistency in schedules or rules, Union is for employers not employee. Coworkers are great.

Fast pasted, busy work environment

Under staffed both within the union workers and non union workers area Fast pasted, busy work environment More training needed for front line managers

Great place to work with opportunities for advancement. Managers work hard to support staff and it is such a pleasure being able to make a difference everyday.

Ethical and productive workplace

Great workplace to work for. People are friendly and well trained. PHRC offers a varied of training and especial workshops on a monthly basis. I would recommend this workplace to work or complete your practicum requirements.

friendly and organized

I have work for PRHC for a few years and I have enjoyed my time there. It is a wonderful place to start a carer as a nurse with many learning opportunities and flexible managers/hours.

Better hours needed

I wish that the overall experience working the hospital would staff for more nurses, they are very over worked. Clerical administrative knowledge has been a great asset. Learn how to deal with situations with family members when I the ICU. I have a great manager and the staff are all wonderful.

Pros

Meeting new people

Cons

Not enough hours

Terrible management

Working for PRHC is a love hate relationship, I loved patient care and having supplies required for the job as well as the salary is decent. The major issue with PRHC is management, they encourage the staff to be disrespectful and inappropriate by their own behaviour. If you try to even bring a problem forward you will find yourself in trouble, and the one who being raked over the coals. Management is constantly pushing more and more on the staff across the board, house keeping, nursing, porters, etc. It’s not uncommon to miss breaks or leave late, and if you ask for Over time pay they will blame it on you for not taking your break or leaving on time. The pay isn’t really worth the amount of stress this job will cause you.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Work pressures, management and culture

enjoyable place to get experiences .

It was one of the most best experiences i had , and give a lot of other opportunity to achieve my goals . As well as the team i was working with had a lot of energy and positive environment around us which makes us to do more work then is suppose to, overall i was happy to volunteer at Peterborough hospital .

Innovation threaded with caring

I had worked in several units, some of which were ER, NICU, Maternal Newborn Child, Paediatrics, Stroke, MOP, Complex Continuing Care, General Surgery pre-post op.

Pros

The opportunity to work on several different units

Cons

Attaining full time work in one unit

Good dependable co-workers.

A typical day was usually a fast paced and busy one. I would learn new skills or simply an easier / better way of completing duties from more experienced co-workers. My experienced taught me how to work as a team as well as independently.

Pros

Meeting new clients

Cons

Spread too thin

Good place to work, it can be very busy they seem to think that less clerk hours are good but the patient ratio does not change so you work very hard which I don't mind because I don't have anything else outside of my job that takes me attention, e.g. childcare care/children at home so I am okay to work very hard at the job then when I go home be exhausted. I love the work and the patients

great work environment

strong support from other nurses and management. very kind and understanding. Always willing to extend their hand for help and lots of educational advancements to future your nursing future. clinical placements complete there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peterborough Regional Health Centre. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement