Peterbilt Employee Reviews

Peterbilt
Parts Clerk/Shipper Receiver (Current Employee) –  Frddericton Nb16 March 2019
Great place for blanced work and personal life but when the time comes for advancement in the company they overlook the hardest working people and don't pay near enough.
great company and people
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB8 November 2018
Great people to work with, knowledgeable. Always willing to help customers to find what they need or ordered it in. I learned the different dealerships in town and what is in the industrial side of town.
Pros
great people
Cons
not enough hours or work
Fun, Fast paced, extremely business orientated
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 August 2018
I found it a great starting place for gaining knowledge in my career path. The leadership was outstanding giving all employees the chance to prove themselves.
Pros
Full Time
Cons
can't think of any
Fun and productive work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 February 2018
My first day on the job was amazing. Staff was very helpful, I settled in fast. The staff there are very friendly as well, they didn't make me feel new.
Well known trucking company
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC3 January 2018
Was the outside sales rep for the Abbotsford location, visited local truck shops and business and then placed orders for parts as well as dropping off parts if near by or on my route.
Great experience
Parts Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 January 2018
I worked here as a Parts delivery driver for over 2 years. I gained a lot of experience in a high paced environment. I enjoyed the relationships I built with our customers and fellow employees.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Work hours
Overall a good place to work
Lead Hand, Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB9 December 2017
Good group to work with. Brand new busy shop with all the latest tooling. Competitive pay with tool and boot allowance. Good benefits with company matched RRSP program.
great people
Sales liaison (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 October 2017
The job was great job the people i worked with were great i really miss working there. i left because there was a shortage of work there .I would say the hardest part of that job was when we didn't have time for a break.
Pros
great boss
Cons
owner wasn't very pleasent
fast paced
Parts Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Houston, BC13 July 2017
work was steady, coworkers were friendly, but it got pretty hectic and the management did not seem to cope with stress or change very well at all. I enjoyed my time there for the most part.
Peterbilt Manitoba Ltd - the Great Work Place for you
Junior IT Administrator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 January 2017
It was a great experience working for Peterbilt Manitoba Ltd. I learned about IT more than what I expected. I can say my best achievements are created Software Restriction Policies to improve the company security, reduced the problems between software interact and users, reduced the virus infection risks using Security Center to update and deploy patches, deployed Windows images, and new software through Servers, created network mapping, and created a backup plan for the company website. There are no negative parts regarding to the job.
My supervisor always supports me and give me a hand when I'm in need. He also gives me great opportunities to show my skills and to learn more about IT through the company projects.
Meeting with friendly employees and receiving positive feedback from my great colleagues make me more confidence about my IT skills, experiences and want to study more about it to prepare for my System Administrator career
Pros
Friendly employees, great working environment, employee lunch
Cons
the company is little far from the city
ok until racism took place
Parts Driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 December 2016
good place to work for can move up in ranks had a bad situation with a racist manager who was later fired because of his actions towards me and other staff members
Poor Overall company to work for
Not Important (Current Employee) –  Canada28 November 2016
Management is rude and ignorant, unorganized and generally do not know how to run a business. Owners hate bringing their Trucks there but are required in order to keep their warranty.

Never any parts needed to fix the trucks. Everything must be ordered in which affects customers downtime, which is money lost.

Co-Workers are great, but management doesn't want to see you conversing or helping apprentices. Doing so will get you told off.

Expect you to do brand specific training on your own time at home, not paid.
Pros
Good Co-workers
Cons
Bad Management, Lack of tools for the job, Lack of communication, Poor work atmosphere
Productive and fun environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB7 November 2016
I was on the front desk greeting customers in this beautiful building with lots of light. The staff were always respectful and kind to me. This was a very busy but repetitive job. I enjoyed my time with Peterbilt Atlantic.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
repetitive work
Good area to work, Good staff
Truck Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB23 August 2016
Great place to work, plenty of opportunity for individuals with drive and enthusiasm, Nice community, room to move up for the right individuals, base pay with commission
Pros
lots of opportunity
Great job, great boss.
Parts Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB3 December 2015
Start near the bottom, show them you have intelligence and a great work ethic, they reward you greatly for your efforts.
Relaxing, work at your pace as long as customers are satisfied.
Parts Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 August 2015
Atmosphere was excellent, great group of mechanics and sales associates to work with, mix of daily duties kept the job interesting, heavy lifting to keep in shape.
Pros
Paid breaks/lunch
Cons
lonely driving around all day
Fun place to work. Great team environment
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Alberta20 March 2015
Fun place to work. Great team environment.It is a great learning environment. The company is people driven and there are plenty of opportunities to advance if you are in sales.
An inconsistant work environment
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB29 June 2014
with the exception of retirement plan and mediocre benefits they do not go the extra mile for their employees,
Good jod Poor management
Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 October 2013
Service Manager is incompetent, huge turnover of qualified and educated staff left the remaining staff inexperienced and uneducated for day to day operations of the shop. 13 staff left during my 11 month employ replaced by few Journeyman and several apprentices. Some staff left as early as 3 days into their employ.
great management
Commercial transport mechanic (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC24 April 2012
fantastic staff and management, training and advancement oppertunities,