Pete's Fine Foods Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Bad to the bone
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS8 April 2018
If you need any proof at all look at the companies daily employment adds for every aspect of their business. Upper management have no clue how to treat staff, you are left with no tools, expectations or guidance to accomplish their impossible expectations
Pros
Cons
Wage management work environment
Great Work/Life Balance!
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS19 March 2018
I had fun each and every day working at Pete's! I became great friends with my co-workers and management was always understanding and accommodating. I would recommend it to anyone looking to work in customer service!
Pros
Getting to learn about food, good benefits
Cons
Physically demanding
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 March 2018
Fun, friendly working environment! I learned a lot about customer service while working at Pete's. I found it was a very inclusive workplace and my manager was great!
Their Mission Statement is False
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 March 2018
The staff hired on by management was the best part about this job because we would all work together to make it a little easier for each other because expectations were so high from upper management. A very toxic, gossip ridden environment, provoked by management and owners. If you suffer from any form of mental illness, I do not recommend applying.
Pros
You will gain good Customer Service Experience
Cons
Highly Toxic/Stressful Work Environment, Bad for Mental Health
Toxic work environment with low wages and high expectations
Bakery (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS2 March 2018
The best part of this job were the other staff members and their attempts to make work successful. Upper management is ignorant and rude to staff, and expect the front line workers to put up with their negligence and disrespect. The physical environment is dirty and broken and selling product makes staff feel bad for the customers. Gift cards are used as a method to inspire staff and then not given. The wage here is one of the lowest for the services provided by staff. The store used to be a great business model, and now is very toxic, abusive and expensive.
Pros
Other qualified staff
Cons
poor admin and upper management
easy job
Cook and prep cook (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 October 2017
typical day at work is providing and filling up staker and making sure lunch line is provided with their needs.
I have learned a lot about costumer servic.
Full of culture and different backgrounds.
Hardest part of the job is keeping everything cleaned and organized.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having a flexible shedule.
Pros
flexible shedule
Cons
unorganized
Treated staff awful
Decadence/bakery clerk (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS13 September 2017
Working here was awful. Management talked about staff in front of other staff. Constantly saying you are not doing good enough with little guidence. Upper management was very demanding and seemed to be on a power trip and talked down to mostly the student employees. Did not enjoy this job.
Great team
Juice Bar/Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 July 2017
Pete's has an awesome staff that makes coming to work very enjoyable! When working there you receive pretty decent hours and since there's so many departments - it's easy to move around.
Productive Workplace With Great People
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS16 January 2017
The most meaningful aspect of working at Pete's Fine Foods was the relationships I built there. Pete's prides itself on hiring approachable employees for the customers but it is also extremely beneficial to their employees.
Great place to work!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 May 2016
Great place to work. You get to meet all kinds of different people and learn about many different types of foods and products from around the world.