Pet Valu Employee Review

Productive environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fergus, On14 January 2014
I really enjoyed working at Pet Valu, A typical day at work was greeting all the customers as they walk in the door and asking them if they needed any help finding anything, I was also responsible for cleaning the work space (sweep, mop, dust, ect.) I would work alone most days so I was responsible of the whole store, re-stocking shelves, checking out customer, processing returns and helping the customer find what they needed. I learned a lot working at pet valu like how to use the till and money management skills, I also learned about animals and types of food for them. The hardest part of my job was memorizing all the food but after a while it sticks into your brain. My co-workers were very nice and we never had any problems it was a very good working environment. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I helped a customer find something or understand something because when I saw them happy it made me feel like I helped them and so it made me happy.
Pros
good working environment, Friendly people
Cons
Not to many customers

Other Pet Valu Employee Reviews

Best job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Peace River, AB16 April 2018
I absolutely LOVE this job, the atmosphere, the co-workers. I’ve learned so much on this job and absolutely love helping the customers and the dog wash and adoptables. I love things like pet appreciation month where 100% of donations stay in the community, so many other chain supply stores wouldn’t do this and it warms my heart so much.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun atmosphere, good certificates, very knowledgeable on all things “pets”
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2018
Typical day at work consists of handeling customers, making sure you give them the best possible advice, help them find what they’re looking for, and answering their questions accurately. I learned a lot about animals and their diets. They offer a “pet expert” certificate program which is full of information. Management was very easy to deal with, very much a family atmosphere. Most enjoyable part of the job was the animals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pet Valu. Our community is ready to answer.