Pet Valu Employee Review

Enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 July 2013
Assisting customers with product information, answering phones, cleaning the store, restocking product.
It was a very small place to work, with a few employees. Everyone was very close and like a family. Management was amazing and extremely understanding.
There was nothing overly difficult about this job that stands out.
Everything about this job was enjoyable, working with animals and the customers.
Pros
Dealing with animals
Cons
Working alone

Other Pet Valu Employee Reviews

Best job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Peace River, AB16 April 2018
I absolutely LOVE this job, the atmosphere, the co-workers. I’ve learned so much on this job and absolutely love helping the customers and the dog wash and adoptables. I love things like pet appreciation month where 100% of donations stay in the community, so many other chain supply stores wouldn’t do this and it warms my heart so much.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun atmosphere, good certificates, very knowledgeable on all things “pets”
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2018
Typical day at work consists of handeling customers, making sure you give them the best possible advice, help them find what they’re looking for, and answering their questions accurately. I learned a lot about animals and their diets. They offer a “pet expert” certificate program which is full of information. Management was very easy to deal with, very much a family atmosphere. Most enjoyable part of the job was the animals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pet Valu. Our community is ready to answer.