Pet Food N' More Employee Reviews in Maple Ridge, BC

Fun Company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC29 January 2014
A typical day at Pet Food N More can be different depending on the day. Sometimes it's so busy it's hard to get certain tasks done in an 8 hour shift. On others you get so far ahead you don't know what to do.

I've learned plenty of things from working with this company, from Pet Nutrition, to how to manage people. I've learned how to set pricing based off product cost, as-well as setting sales pricing based of Margin% and over-all sales statistics.

The management and Co-worker teams are well picked and tend to be chosen based off how well they not only work in general, but their capabilities to work as a team and over see problems together rather then leaving it all for one person to deal with.

The hardest part of the job is really trying to organize the time to cover as much ground as possible. I personally have excellent time management skills, but I always set high expectations, so there are times i brought work home with me to finish.

The most enjoyable thing though has to be all the pets that come through our doors. You meet the nicest people and when they bring in their pets it's always an excitable time. I mean who doesn't love animals?
Pros
Opportunity to learn and grow.
Cons
Sometimes the work load seems a little heavier then it should be. But you learn to deal with it.