Pet Food N' More Employee Reviews

Great store environment, not so great working there
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC8 January 2019
Started out a dollar above minimum wage, was rejected a raise after minimum wage caught up to my wage. Had to deal with some workplace bullying that wasn't handled properly. The job itself is fun and great, loved working in a pet store.
There is no growth in the company and there isn't stable hours.
Pros
pet supplies discount
Cons
unorganized, workplace bullying
Typical small pet store, paid more than minimum for part time
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC11 December 2018
As the summary says, very typical retail / pet store. It was not high-volume like Pet Smart, and valued customer service, however could be really slow. The store was well run, and paid $12.50/hr for part timers (above BC minimum wage in 2014). Best part of the day was seeing the customer's cats and dogs.
Interesting and one of the best so far.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 January 2016
Overall Pet Food N' More has been a rewarding job with low stress. Awesome coworkers and the manager is very pleasant to be around.
Pros
Animals are allowed leashed or carried in the store
Fun Company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC29 January 2014
A typical day at Pet Food N More can be different depending on the day. Sometimes it's so busy it's hard to get certain tasks done in an 8 hour shift. On others you get so far ahead you don't know what to do.

I've learned plenty of things from working with this company, from Pet Nutrition, to how to manage people. I've learned how to set pricing based off product cost, as-well as setting sales pricing based of Margin% and over-all sales statistics.

The management and Co-worker teams are well picked and tend to be chosen based off how well they not only work in general, but their capabilities to work as a team and over see problems together rather then leaving it all for one person to deal with.

The hardest part of the job is really trying to organize the time to cover as much ground as possible. I personally have excellent time management skills, but I always set high expectations, so there are times i brought work home with me to finish.

The most enjoyable thing though has to be all the pets that come through our doors. You meet the nicest people and when they bring in their pets it's always an excitable time. I mean who doesn't love animals?
Pros
Opportunity to learn and grow.
Cons
Sometimes the work load seems a little heavier then it should be. But you learn to deal with it.