Pernod Ricard

Pernod Ricard Management reviews

Canada25 reviews
A day at Pernod Ricard gave me a good learning experience in terms of leadership, team management and collaboration. Its a fun and productive place to enhance your software and technical engineering skills. Great co-workers!!
Very little job security, and mediocre pay and vacation allotment. Unreasonable demands on the job, poor management / labour relations and little recognition for jobs well done.
Most of the staff were hesitant or outright refused to train new employees, than complained that the new hires don't know how to do their job. Management moves you around constantly so there is no consistency on the training. The pay rate was half decent and the benefits are good, if you make it passed your 90 days. It took two months to get hired and they gave me less than a week to let my old employer know I'm leaving. Health and safety "training" was less than a day and they didn't even go over any of the policies with us except WHMIS and the disability act. All the other important stuff was glossed over and not explained. Overall I think their training program needs HUGE revamping and safety doesn't seem to be a huge concern for a factory.
People there are lazy and take advantage of new worker's. You see workers drinking in the locker rooms. Nothing gets done by managment. People just screw around all day making lines go down so they can either go drink or sit around and play cards. I would never recommend a place like this. Only if your intrested in being pushed around insulated and made to feel like your life is worth nothing. This is the worst most stressful most unexpected time iv ever had working. The union is what's helping people mess up the future of the company's and the new generation. These people dont deserve having there jobs. From managment to floor worker's to the HR there all abusing the system. But hopefully theyoos there jobs and get treated the way they treat others
Pros
Cons
This place sucks
Very odd culture in the company that fails to value it's employees sometimes. Manager's are not held accountable, and often make decisions with little evidence backing them up.
Employees are not appreciated for an honest hard work Environment is very stressful The operations are very unorganized Incompetence in some people is tolerated
A typical day at work would consist of involvement of all ongoing capital projects, oversight of all large value MRO and facility contracts. Over the 10 years I was there, there was always something new to be learned or a new challenge. The facility was a mix of very old technology as well as state of the art. Management, overall was good. Workplace culture was good. The hardest part of the job was motivation of personnel in the union environment. I found all of my role very enjoyable and challenging.
Pros
Very challenging and rewarding role.
Cons
Long hours.
J'aime travailler chez Corby, l'ambiance est conviviale, les employés respectés, les tâches et les objectifs sont clairement établis, ma relation avec les autres employés est excellente.
Pros
Excellente ambiance de travail
Cons
Pas d'avantages sociaux pour les temps partiels
Hired as a contract worker in the material handling area. Great management in that area. Loaded and unloaded trucks. Stocked production areas. Overall was a good experience except that they ask if you want full time employment then put you through multiple interviews multiple testing and when I say multiple I mean about 8 times I had to either answer questions about nothing pertaining to the position and testing that really had nothing to do with the job or performance just to be let go after telling me I was getting a full time job. As I was not the only one that went through this process, many many people have done this just to be let go at 89 days.This is one of the worst places I personally know of that does this hire for 89 days and let you go just to bring in another group of people hoping for a chance at a good job and wage.
Pros
Day shift
Cons
89 days and out
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pernod Ricard?
Great place to work, but hard to stay in because of how unstable the industry is. Everyone was relaxed and stayed on focus. Great people to meet. Management is all union so job security is there in house but is subject to change at any moment without your time in. Don't rely on getting lucky!
Pros
Virtually stress free
Cons
Extremely tedious
Great place to work. Had management support. Lots of weekly travel. Special Events were top shelf. Corporate structure changed over the years which lead to challenges across the country.
Pros
World Travel, Special Events
Cons
Job Security
terrific environment with a very engaged work force and engaging management - great partnership with owner pernod ricard
My job consisted of visiting LCBO Stores on a daily basis 3 days per week for the purpose of merchandising and sales support, Learned a lot about the Adult Alcoho;ic Beverage Industry as well as the inner workings of the retail side of that business. My manager was very good at his job and having worked with management at various levels of responsibility over the years considered him to be one of the more well rounded in terms of sales ability and man management I worked with mainly salespeople in the field and can honestly say I never had an issue either professionally or personally. I maintained a lock up for storage of merchandising materials and value add items and it could get a bit busy when deliveries were made but I couldn't say it was that difficult. The actual store visits were great and I enjoyed good rapport with the store personnel and managers.
Pros
Working Conditions, Colleagues, working independently, company supplied work wear (Golf shirts)
Cons
Lay offs