Pernod Ricard

Pernod Ricard Employee Reviews

Canada25 reviews
Amazing tour! Learned a lot about Canadian Whiskey from the biggest distillery in North America. Would recommend it to anyone who would like to peek behind the curtain of alcohol production.
Very little job security, and mediocre pay and vacation allotment. Unreasonable demands on the job, poor management / labour relations and little recognition for jobs well done.
A day at Pernod Ricard gave me a good learning experience in terms of leadership, team management and collaboration. Its a fun and productive place to enhance your software and technical engineering skills. Great co-workers!!
Most of the staff were hesitant or outright refused to train new employees, than complained that the new hires don't know how to do their job. Management moves you around constantly so there is no consistency on the training. The pay rate was half decent and the benefits are good, if you make it passed your 90 days. It took two months to get hired and they gave me less than a week to let my old employer know I'm leaving. Health and safety "training" was less than a day and they didn't even go over any of the policies with us except WHMIS and the disability act. All the other important stuff was glossed over and not explained. Overall I think their training program needs HUGE revamping and safety doesn't seem to be a huge concern for a factory.
I did not make it to the end of my 90 day probationary period and was let go for no obvious reason. I acted as a model employee and worked hard and was there on time, taking no time off and saying yes to overtime. The reasoning I was given by Human Resources was the production schedule had changed and they no longer required me, yet they are once again hiring. I found out from another individual that this company has done this to about 150 people in the past five years. That should tell you something about the company, especially considering the hiring process.
I have had to jump through hoops to get certain jobs, but this one wanted you to do back flips. I had to do multiple assessments testing my mechanical knowledge, logic and reasoning skills, as well as basic applied physics. In addition to that, I had to do 3 interviews as well as a one hour medical asking me my entire health history as well as making me perform motions and taking my resting heart rate. I later found out they should not be asking medical related questions that are non bona fide to the job before an unconditional offer is presented. There was absolutely no flexibility for when I could come in for these interviews and assessments and as a result I had to take time off of work to attend. I did so because the reputation of this company from the past and people told me it was a good place to work.

I was disappointed after I was hired. There is no pension as people believe, only a group contribution plan that you pay into yourself and the company puts 1% into for a finite portfolio at the end of your service.
 - more...
Pros
Steady days, relatively clean working environment, overtime
Cons
Temp service treatment
People there are lazy and take advantage of new worker's. You see workers drinking in the locker rooms. Nothing gets done by managment. People just screw around all day making lines go down so they can either go drink or sit around and play cards. I would never recommend a place like this. Only if your intrested in being pushed around insulated and made to feel like your life is worth nothing. This is the worst most stressful most unexpected time iv ever had working. The union is what's helping people mess up the future of the company's and the new generation. These people dont deserve having there jobs. From managment to floor worker's to the HR there all abusing the system. But hopefully theyoos there jobs and get treated the way they treat others
Pros
Cons
This place sucks
the on boarding process with Pernod-Ricard is dismal at best. They do not give time to teach the employees how to use the tools they are expected to use on a day to day basis.
I havnt worked here long enough to make a valid assessment, however, for the few months that I did work here - the job was very boring and the people and the general work culture seemed very isolated.
buildings are old and equipment was not being maintained. workers sleeping and playing card games and word puzzles all day. could't get anything done. had to contract out the work and have the workers watch.
Pros
Cons
clothing
Very odd culture in the company that fails to value it's employees sometimes. Manager's are not held accountable, and often make decisions with little evidence backing them up.
Employees are not appreciated for an honest hard work
Environment is very stressful

The operations are very unorganized

Incompetence in some people is tolerated
A typical day at work would consist of involvement of all ongoing capital projects, oversight of all large value MRO and facility contracts.
Over the 10 years I was there, there was always something new to be learned or a new challenge. The facility was a mix of very old technology as well as state of the art.

Management, overall was good.

Workplace culture was good.

The hardest part of the job was motivation of personnel in the union environment.

I found all of my role very enjoyable and challenging.
Pros
Very challenging and rewarding role.
Cons
Long hours.
Great place to work until company became greedy and fired me to steel my pension. They succeeded in stealing about $1,500,000 in pension from me over time.
J'aime travailler chez Corby, l'ambiance est conviviale, les employés respectés, les tâches et les objectifs sont clairement établis, ma relation avec les autres employés est excellente.
Pros
Excellente ambiance de travail
Cons
Pas d'avantages sociaux pour les temps partiels
A company that stands behind what they sell. Corby is dedicated to being the top supplier in Spirit and Wines. It is a vast company with many outlets of employment.
Excellent Benefits and Brands! Lot's of opportunity for Education and learning. Global exposure is fantastic! a Leader in the industry and great office locations.
Monteur en ligne preparer la marchandise verification des palettes
Pros
Tres bon
Cons
Je trouvais sa parfait
Hired as a contract worker in the material handling area. Great management in that area. Loaded and unloaded trucks. Stocked production areas. Overall was a good experience except that they ask if you want full time employment then put you through multiple interviews multiple testing and when I say multiple I mean about 8 times I had to either answer questions about nothing pertaining to the position and testing that really had nothing to do with the job or performance just to be let go after telling me I was getting a full time job. As I was not the only one that went through this process, many many people have done this just to be let go at 89 days.This is one of the worst places I personally know of that does this hire for 89 days and let you go just to bring in another group of people hoping for a chance at a good job and wage.
Pros
Day shift
Cons
89 days and out
Great place to work, but hard to stay in because of how unstable the industry is. Everyone was relaxed and stayed on focus. Great people to meet. Management is all union so job security is there in house but is subject to change at any moment without your time in. Don't rely on getting lucky!
Pros
Virtually stress free
Cons
Extremely tedious
Great place to work. Had management support. Lots of weekly travel. Special Events were top shelf. Corporate structure changed over the years which lead to challenges across the country.
Pros
World Travel, Special Events
Cons
Job Security
Good place to work. Co-workers were great to work with. Good pay and benefits. Worked mostly day shift. Grateful to be able to complete an electrical apprenticeship.