Perkins Restaurants & Bakery Employee Reviews

Found 80 reviews matching the search See all 1,737 reviews
Management is incompetent
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 July 2019
Management is incompetent as they have stole tips previously, they continue to put off fixing our ac causing an uncomfortable work environment. Management can sometimes be hostile and disrespectful
Pros
40% off meals when working
Cons
Hot, hostile environment
poorly managed
Server - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 July 2019
poorly managed, low wages, lousy tips. Customers were pretty nice, lots of regulars. Constant cutbacks to hours due to minimum wage increases left us short on the floor with no hosts, meaning customer service and store cleanliness suffered.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
everything else
Productive fast paced work place.
Server (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 May 2019
Perkins on Kenaston was a productive fast paced work places with people coming in and out all throughout the morning and the evening. The management at Perkins was great and it made it even better because I love interacting with customers and my co-workers!
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Weird hours
Very friendly
Prince of Wales - Host/Server (Former Employee) –  1800 prince of Wales drive2 May 2019
The environment is very friendly and almost makes it seem like you’re working with friends and not co workers. Management team is excellent and super friendly as well
Pros
50% off food
Atmosphere
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 April 2019
In Ottawa, the General manager hired her children, her in laws, her niece. The favoritism was really daunting.
They were very nice people. However, as someone who really dislike any kind of injustice and favoritism, it was difficult to swallow. It's sad because nobody wanted to talk. I just walked away.
The children and in laws seldom had to punch out for breaks or pay for food but everyone else had to go by the rules. I'm sure the company loses money but I washed my hands of it. I work at the Westins now and it very professional.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Family favoritism.
Productive team.
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 November 2018
A day in the life of work was productive but i didnt enjoy the atmosphere. I wouldn't return to work here but if you're looking for a place to work as an entry level position do it.
Productive and fun workplace
Hostess and Server (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON6 November 2018
I worked at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery for nine years. Working at Perkins was a learning experience for me, how important team work is. I learned how to deal with costumers and how to wait on them properly. I did like working with the people and how easy it was to get along with my co-workers and customers.
Pros
- can be fun at times - I enjoy and get along well with everyone I work with
Cons
-seasonal hours, busy in the summer, less hours in the winter
was a quite pleasant place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK1 October 2018
my overall experience here was great i loved the fast pace. there was just way too much drama with the employees that made it a not fun place to work. management seemed to not care that it was interfering with productivity
Its fine
Host (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 September 2018
Working here was fun. the hours are long. the pay is decent. time off is easyish to book off. management is great and friendly, but staff on the other hand meh .
Great work/life balance with the exception of a fast paced work environment.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON3 September 2018
Great place to work. I thoroughly enjoyed working at Perkins. The customers as well as the staff were very friendly and helpful. It was located in beautiful Niagara Falls, Canada which did help when I had some downtime to explore the area.
Pros
Free meals.
Cons
Paying for parking
Fun place to work
Catharines - Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON27 August 2018
A great comradarie in the kitchen and a very organized, efficient system. Downside includes working midnights if that is not your thing. Opportunity for advancement if you work hard.
productive , fun , fast paced
Dishwasher/Part-time Cook (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 August 2018
a typical day at work consisted of :
constant cooking
doing the dishes
doing whatever you can to stay busy.

the hardest part of the job:
was staying ahead of all the customers orders on a Sunday or Saturday.
Awsome place to work
Support Staff/Server (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 August 2018
This was really fun place to work if I could I would work here again in a heart beat. I love it they did really treat you like family and I never got bored working there
had fun working in the kitchen ..
Gm- Joanne Baker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 June 2018
working in the kitchen , was fun ... and learning new things everyday ... the coworkers are awesome to work with ...
also the customers you meet , on your day to day task are pretty nice .
a great place to start
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON24 May 2018
while working here i have noticed that for people who are looking to start in the serving industry or in the hospitality industry at all this would be great place to start. Not over high class but to professional and would be the place to start.
it was an okay job but very grinding
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 May 2018
i appreciated the staff but it's not somewhere I would personally work again. The hardest part of the job was having no one assit you while dishwashing and the waitresses didnt make it easier by not caring to stack the dishes properly
Productive fun place
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON5 April 2018
Got me real experience on working in food service. My manger and colleagues were really helpful.
got enough work hours and employment satisfaction.
One of the best work places i have ever worked.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
work load
terrribly run
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON31 March 2018
great deal of turnover, filthy, not enough labor scheduled for the restaurant, upper management are a huge problem and its a wonder this place has not been run into the ground. the money was good, but they will work you in to the ground and put you in situations where they set you up to fail time after time. upper management forced shift leaders to keep the restaurant open with no heat, no hot water, and clogged drains. just an all around terrible experience.
Fun place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 March 2018
Very fun and positive environment at Perkins! communication amongst co-workers is clear, helpful and positive.
Management is great with their employees!
Fun work place with a friendly environment
Cook (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 March 2018
I am a lead cook so I would work the meats and egg grill and cook. I would also be in charge of maintaining the kitchen line and the other cooks making sure breaks are run properly. The hardest part of the job is trying to memorize the new menus. The culture was good everyone is friends and gets along.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
No air conditioning in summer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Perkins Restaurants & Bakery. Our community is ready to answer.