Perkins Restaurants & Bakery Employee Reviews

Productive fun place
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON5 April 2018
Got me real experience on working in food service. My manger and colleagues were really helpful.
got enough work hours and employment satisfaction.
One of the best work places i have ever worked.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
work load
terrribly run
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON31 March 2018
great deal of turnover, filthy, not enough labor scheduled for the restaurant, upper management are a huge problem and its a wonder this place has not been run into the ground. the money was good, but they will work you in to the ground and put you in situations where they set you up to fail time after time. upper management forced shift leaders to keep the restaurant open with no heat, no hot water, and clogged drains. just an all around terrible experience.
Fun place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 March 2018
Very fun and positive environment at Perkins! communication amongst co-workers is clear, helpful and positive.
Management is great with their employees!
Fun work place with a friendly environment
Cook (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 March 2018
I am a lead cook so I would work the meats and egg grill and cook. I would also be in charge of maintaining the kitchen line and the other cooks making sure breaks are run properly. The hardest part of the job is trying to memorize the new menus. The culture was good everyone is friends and gets along.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
No air conditioning in summer
Good workplace with good people.
Supervisor/cook (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 February 2018
Lots of room on the cook line, huge fridge and freezer. Lots of broken appliances and drawers. Easy menu to learn. Easy going manager and supervisors.
Safe work Environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 February 2018
typical day at work is just washing dishes cleaning the back of house and maintain cleanliness. just like working at any other restaurant sometimes it was stressful hardest part was working holidays because the restaurant would be packed for at least 4-6 hours.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
low wage and not enough hours
Awesome!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 December 2017
Very happy fun environment. Helpful coworkers and a great management staff. Good wages and friendly customers. good place to start off in the industry.
Productive and engaging
Back of House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 December 2017
Everyday was learning something new and engaging with other coworkers. the hardest part of the job would be needing to handle customer complaints should the food not be made the way they would prefer based on what we were required to follow ie: food handling guide lines. The most enjoyable part was learning different food preparation techniques and ways to cook.
Good stuff
Server/ Shift Manager/ Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 November 2017
A good restaurant to work for. Management is willing to accommodate you on shift availability. breakfast is the busy season bu there is always a shift where you can make money
Not a good kitchen to work in
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 September 2017
Minimal pay, resources don't get fixed enoughthe labour is very high stress and it's in an unsafe work environment. Great people but I would. It recommend working there.

Want to know more about Perkins Restaurants & Bakery?

Ask a question
Good environment.
Dishwasher/Meal prep (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 September 2017
Working for perkins was fun and generally a great environment. Apart from the low income the overnight hours and the job itself wasnt what i seen fit for myself. Washing dishes 5 days a week just wasnt what i saw myself doing and i knew i had way more potential. Therefore i left and get myself a new full-time position.
Awful and disorganised
Server (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 July 2017
Management cares more about themselves than customers and staff, favouritism is huge, no staff meetings to discuss problems (piece of paper demanding what is to be done). Never again will I work for this company.
Cons
short shifts (sometimes one hour), no teamwork, disorganized
Great restaurant
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 July 2017
Being in management, the hours were long - you were on duty or on call 24 - 7. A typical day at work had a different challenge every day. The restaurant was open every day except Christmas.
Pros
Free meals
resteraunt doesnt exist anymore
COOK (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON20 June 2017
i was learning new things, job advancement opportunities. benefits,
great staff and management,
the restaurant is now closed, but it was a great environment to work in
Fun place to work
Kitchen Manager/ assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 June 2017
The company is in need of some changes in both foh and boh they don't have any benefits or any bonuses for anyone who is with in the company and I had to pay
For my food handlers permit
Not managed well
Cook And prep (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB30 May 2017
Tired of working after they released the only manger who stuck up for the staff. Managers have friends who work there and treat them A lot better than other staff
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Lots of work and extra responsibilities without reward
It was a horrible experience.
Host and expediter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 May 2017
So my experience working here was horrible, no communication, hours/promotions that were guaranteed were never followed through.
My typical day at work as a host, would be me basically being there cheap maintenance man and janitor that they never hired. I learned that you shouldn't always trust management with promises that they make. The hardest part of the job was being a gopher for the general manager. There was also no recognition for doing the job right. The workplace culture.... is very negative. I find that the hardest part of working for perkins was no communication what so ever, as well as no proper training but for the most enjoyable part of the job was working with some of the good staff, and working with the customers.
Travel and Learning
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 May 2017
Working and learning was awesome and travel did make it challenging at times with regard to personal time. However, within the context of the job and company, it was a good choice to make.
Fast- paced and a great environment to work in
Server (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 May 2017
A typical day at Perkins Family Restaurant and Bakery consists of working fast-paced and ensuring that customers are always happy. Work with great individuals that are always willing to help others out.
Pros
Working with different customers and building a bond with them to ensure they are satisfied
Cons
Serving with more than 10 tables at one time
A great place to work.
Lead Cook and Host (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 April 2017
I really enjoyed working at Perkins. It was a fast paced environment and always kept me on my toes. I loved the staff and we got along really well....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Perkins Restaurants & Bakery. Our community is ready to answer.