PERFORMANCE HEALTH Employee Reviews

used to be a great place to work, not anymore
Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huthwaite, Nottinghamshire25 July 2019
This company is undergoing a restructure, and the current directors has not got any idea what they are doing. The rest of the work force are amazing and some fantastic staff who give there best to the company. however with no funds to develop people they are sinking fast and have lost relevance in their market
Decent company
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, IL27 June 2019
Company is in a good niche - lacking some leadership. Decent pay by most standards. Plenty of autonomy to complete tasks and assist customers. plenty of reps with more than 10 years of experience.
Pros
freedom, income, work / life balance
Cons
Leadership is still trying to figure it out since the transition to PH
great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, IL18 June 2019
My coworkers there were awesome. There was much I was opened up to that I could take away from the job. I planned on staying longer but it was a temp position.
Performance Health
Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, IL 6055530 May 2019
Performance Health is a great company to work for with a lot of benefits and good team structure. I feel like the pay was below what I was expecting. There is a lot of room for growth within the company.
Poor Leadership
Regulatory & Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedarburg, WI18 April 2019
GLT team does a very poor job of leading the company, sales have been down each of the last three years outside of one product. We have gone through 3 CEO's in last three years.
Pros
My coworkers
Cons
Executive Management
Call Center
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, IL10 April 2019
Fast-paced, numbers driven environment where strict adherence to number of calls vs quality of calls is emphasized. No room for advancement in the company.
Restructuring
Field (Former Employee) –  Kenosha10 April 2019
Great product representation in a niche medical arena; constant turnover and redirecting from top down. Fun contacts but internal systems don’t support long term success.
Sales
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX8 April 2019
very hard to balance work and life. You get a lot of busy work from, the corporate office. They want you to zone your territory but you rarely have time because of the non-stop chores from the top.
Would Not Recommend
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, IL20 March 2019
I would not recommend. The culture is VERY POOR. The pay is minimal, and the sales reporting is always inaccurate. The reps don't get paid, which means the managers don't get paid.
Great work environment
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, IL15 March 2019
Excellent company culture. Not alot of complaints but it would be nice if there were advancement opportunities. The overall company is worth staying and gaining experience.
Pros
Cons
Not alot of advancement opportunity
Good company but many changes recently
Rehab Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AR11 February 2019
Good company but the changes made over the last 2 years have impacted business and the reputation. Love my manager and the team I work with but not the same company and service that our customers are used to.
okay i suppose
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Huthwaite, Nottinghamshire7 February 2019
change my shifts without asking. you cant get in or out without a perm member of staff with you. like jail. not bothered about giving a review but could not get off this page with out giving one
okay
Purchasing Expeditor / Item Analyst (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, IL28 January 2019
I work temp and I am grateful for the job. I am only a temp so I am not important and feel ignored most of the time. I just work very hard and harder than most people
Pros
job
Cons
job
Meh
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Akron, OH2 December 2018
The company as a whole was more of an asset for a group of private investors that was traded a lot. Reflected in the management style and how employees were treated.
Turbulent
Intern (Current Employee) –  Ohio1 December 2018
As much as I enjoy working with my team, upper management and global leadership seem disorganized at best.Know one seems to know what going on and there is a general lack of transparency.
Okay job, Okay pay for the area
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OH11 November 2018
The job was okay not hard at all. The pay could have been better for that area. There are lots of refugees that work there and some folks in management do not like that and treat them poorly. The company as a whole was pretty good until it got bought out by Patterson Medical in Illinois and now we are the unwanted step child.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Some people treat emplyees poorly because of thier race.
Engaging workplace environment
Customer Service II (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, IL3 November 2018
Team oriented environment. Management listens and responds appropriately to employees feedback and concerns and addresses issues. Friendly environment.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
A lot to learn and always changing
The company gives credit to all of their employees even to those employees working through employment agencies.
Data Entry & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, IL29 October 2018
Performance Health ~ Formerly Known As ~ Patterson Medical ~

The has a very vibrant and happy environment with diverse workplace culture to work on a day to day daily typical day and had.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Contract Positions
Excellent job
Data entry of invoices, averaging (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, IL12 October 2018
Fast pace accounts payable job-data entry. Computer input of invoices, reconcile statements, communicate with vendor for discrepancies, Mail sorting, Ap-billing system, internet compatible.
Be Afraid. Be VERY Afraid.
Executive (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, IL23 September 2018
Performance Health is made up of pieces of Patterson Medical and another entity named Performance health. A private equity company owns the "new" Performance health. The new company made two breathtakingly bad strategic decisions: Implementation of a new CRM system and outsourcing of warehouse and distribution functions. The new CRM sysem is widely reviled by employees as slow, lacking functionality and unreliable. It is clearly a bad fit for the company, but after the initial investment and subsequent significant investments to repair it, there is no turning back. The outsourced warehouse and distribution decision was similarly a bust. This is a distribution company that decided to outsource the most critical function to a "business partner" with many employees who do not speak English as their primary language. Late and incorrect orders are commonplace, as are customer complaints. As a result of these two bad decisions, the company's financial performance in its first full year in existence was far below expectations. Most of the senior leadership team was swept out and the new CEO and his team ruling by intimidation. People have been seen crying after being publicly disparaged in meetings. Draconian people management is the norm. Experienced people are being purged, leaving behind a workforce of employees who do not understand the business. Morale is horrible; communication is poor; training is non-existent. Other than that, it's a fine place to work.
Pros
Some very nice people work there.
Cons
They are all unhappy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PERFORMANCE HEALTH. Our community is ready to answer.