Performance Auto Group

Performance Auto Group Employee Reviews

Canada27 reviews
Decent work environment
Decent work environment. Not much room for advancement and low job security. Great work/life balance offered.
Director was incredibly emotionally intelligent and good to work for.
Be Cautious
Very poor place to work, complete lack of integrity from senior management. They expect you to break the law at all costs to line their pockets. While they don't say this outright, individuals who generate revenue from illegal tactics are rewarded.
Pros
Most peers are kind
Cons
Completely unethical place to work
Favouritism and inaction are king here.
Dont bother with this dumpster fire of a dealership. The management gives preferential treatment to who ever they like best. If you work here you better not plan on leaving as they will just fire you if they find out you are looking for another job. No professionalism, less than awful workspace, wont take any action on any problem presented to them (especially if it relates to an employee they are friends with), management will straight up lie to you to avoid dealing with an issue. An example: Coworker was well liked by the service manager; employees from all departments complain to manager about his work ethic, quality of work, and attitude for months; one friday i have enough of him sitting around and revving cars inside the closed, not properly ventilated workspace so I tell the manager im done; Manager agrees and says he cant fire the guy cause its Friday and thats not nice; go for an interview on one of the following Wednesdays after work hours and was sick on Thursday; come in friday morning and get fired because the other employee told the manager I went for an interview. Only regret about leaving that place is I didnt get the ministry of labour involved. Save your time and just avoid the place as an employee or a customer.
Numbers Driven.
They don't care about you. You don't matter. It's all about the numbers for them. They'll love you one day and the next it's a complete 180. Would benefit from a culture that developed people.
Fun place to work
Considerate place with purpose driven management. A place where you can learn and grow. would work there again at anytime.
Interview was pretty easy and straightfofward
It was a good work place
It was a good group to work for, only complant I have is that there is no support from upper management when you really need it. The overall experience was good I learned a lot about how the business is run. I like dealing with the staff and customers. I had 3 advisor's and 8 techs so I was busy day to day and loved it.
. These clowns should shut down ASAP.
DO NOT WORK HERE.
Horrible bosses, worst than the movie.

I would not want my worst enemy to work there that’s how much I hate this p**p hole of an old dealership that’s trying to make it. Glenleven should just shut down and don’t reopen, the clown Persians think they are high and mighty. No wonder there is a high turn over rate. DO NOT WORK HERE. Let them dry up & shut down
I would not recommend
- immense issues with politics
- managers are NOT supportive at all

- terrible review and feedback process

- HR dept is unethical and manipulates you

- overall a cheap company

- low salary

- basic benefits (nothing attractive)
Pros
N/a
Cons
a lot
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Performance Auto Group?
Just a retail sales company with a head office
Their main priority is sales and cost-savings. As a result, don't expect anything. Employees are treated as a commodity. Old style, inexperienced management. Here, you will only learn how not to operate a successful, modern business.
Stay away
It is a horrible group to work with. Stay away!!!

Worked with Planet Ford in April-May 2018 for 5 weeks. Was given two weeks to sell after obtaining the Omvic card and then asked to leave without assigning any reason. Once fired, you can not work with any group company despite qualifying.

Long hours. You are expected to work from open to close 6 days a week.

You learn nothing as no sales training is provided. You are expected to sell from day one and if the incompetent floor Manager blows the deal that you take to him, you get the blame.

Hardest part of the job was getting customers. Sales people pick up customers by running to them. There is no turn system.
Cons
Long hours, Incompetent floor manager, draconian company policy
Please DO NOT apply here!!!
Theres a division in the work place, those who understand the injustice that occurs everyday, and those who blindly contribute to the politics and favoritism. Very careless and rude management, worked there for 2 months and spoke to my manager twice. The service manager benefits the companies monetary gains not the environment. A lot of gossip and rumors around the workplace. Negative place to be around.
Pros
If youre lucky you'll work with one of the few cool people
Cons
Unfair treatment, favouritism
Politics abound
Prepare to kiss butt at an epic level of you want to accomplish anything in this company. If your not in the clique you will go broke on the sales floor. Managers care so little for employees that are not in the clique that customers can feel the difference. Would not tell anyone to work here with the new management structure in place.
Pros
Cons
Many cons, politics and lazy managers.
Work Environment
Working for Performance Auto Group was great for the 4 years! Human Resource and Management was not the greatest. You could work 80+ hours part time every two weeks and call in sick for one day for a personal reason and get written up for it. They do not care for part timers when it comes to booking days off or consider the amount of hours you have put in. No matter how polite you can be in the company, they will find every way to make you feel bad about yourself.
Productive, challenging and a great place to work
Nothing much to say other than it's a great place to work, great benefits, many employee discount programs for vehicles nee and used. This company treats its employees very, very well
cheap company
If I could give 0 star on Salary/ Job Security I would. I worked in this cheap dealership for 3 years and I was paid minimum. No increase at all.
I worked in Service and the Service Manager would constantly make me lie to customers about their service needs.

I would not recommend this cheap company to anyone I like.
Not the best
My experience working for PAG was interesting. Needless to say every manager follows there own "protocol" wether it is legal or not. Contact HR about an issue and they will claim to be an "unbiased third party" which is false. No support for employees with mental health issues either. Disgusting what is deemed appropriate, and the fact that it is acceptable for a company to abolish employee privacy rights. Creative termination is the chosen form of termination.
Pros
Lunches covered Saturday, and free coffee Saturday.
Cons
Expect more, and not willing to compensate. Negative, rude, uphold different standards to different employees.
Corrupt group control by bullies, unprofessional & unethical Senior Managers covering up the wrong doings of favourites
Poor HR practices. Unethical Senior Managers let go of hardworking employees simply because you are not in the group of favourites. Unqualified and unprofessional HR who does not know the role and understand employee relations and HR regulations. Don't speak up or you will be targeted. Group is unorganized with ambiguous guidelines and standards and it is about who you know and not what your skills, experience and capabilities are. I would have rated 0 star if option is provided.
Pros
Used to be a better company, still have some good and genuine managers in a couple of dealerships
Cons
No advancement opportunties, no performance review, no salary adjustment
Fantastic work environment
I have a passion for the auto industry. Never a dull moment working at a Dealership.

Work life balance. rewarded for hard work.

Great People, Great Customers
Fun Place to work for
Though the hours are long they are pleasant, its a fun and interesting place to work. The employees make the place its upbeat and the environment is clean and pleasant. Had a wondetful time there.
Great
Best management staff i have encountered. Hardest working individual with great balance between business and emotion.

Competent staff allround help to contribute in making PAG on of Canada's largest groups and one of the highest volume selling groups as well.
Runnn away
Hi I worked at place but when I quit and to take my 400$ on vacation pay that day s so hurting I worked for Glenleaven Cheryler they make you wash cars in the spring which ok but when you hit the winter you would think oh ok washing cars for customers is done ohhh no you continue the wash even if it -34 they don’t care on you they say family but the manager is a big dick I hope this lottle place shuts down I asked for a raise never got it now it’s been a months and they have no one because the rate they are giving people just for future treat you employees right because your going to have a hard time finding people all I know is when my friends make a time and interview and what the manager tells what they are getting we have a good kick to it good luck and people Run away trust me
Cons
Nope
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Performance Auto Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8