Perficient Employee Reviews

Difficult manager who causes a high rate of turn over.
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO31 July 2018
This company has positions that are revolving doors. The manager can not be pleased and there is no chance of remaining long term. He is a hard to please cantankerous individual who is intolerant of anyone requiring training so asking a question as a new person is out of the question. Success is measured by how much he complains. Doesn't that just warm your heart?
Pros
salary is fair
Cons
The boss, and buyer beware.
Decent company with diverse interests
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KY6 July 2018
Continuing education is highly endorsed to the point where most requests for training are granted. There can be lots of travel or relocation options as well as remote work and corporate office environments.
Pros
good benefits, pay, work life balance, and travel
Cons
occasional lack of projects
Probably a good place to work if you have no experience or options
Senior tech lead (Former Employee) –  Remote22 May 2018
The management is hands off - as long as clients don't complain, management is non existent. They overload projects with excessive numbers of inexperienced workers with little ot no experience and blow through project budgets with idle bodies to increase the hourly Bill rate. They will also expect you to double dip on multiple projects, but no increase in compensation.

If you have no other place to work, or have no experience, it's a tolerable place to fill a gap. Benefits are terrible, and use your vacation before you quit because they don't carry over hours.
Pros
They are always desperate for experienced workers
Cons
Terrible place to work and your project budget will be blown well before the project is delivered
No job security
Associate Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Michigan17 May 2018
join this company at your own risk of job security
you may be out without any reason.poor management.
you never know what will happen to your job if you are on bench.
Good Company to work for, but not a ton of advancement opportunities
Automation Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MI 4815216 May 2018
The Companies advancement is based merely on time spent working at the company. Not based on skills, project, or current position. This makes it very difficult to switch between teams and get compensated for the work you actually do.
Pros
Great work culture, people are awesome, lots of fun company activities
Cons
Benefits aren't the greatest, time off is capped at 80 hours (if you don't use it you lose it), it is hard to advance and get the compensated for what you are worth
An experience...
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LA14 May 2018
I learned, no matter how hard you try to help a team succeed, sometimes there's just no way to get through to people that don't want it.

The hardest part of the job was that I was never really allowed to do mine or given the opportunity to fail.

I was fortunate enough to attain two certifications.
The team I worked with was supportive, collaborative and focused on adding value to the client.
Senior Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA20 April 2018
My days were spent onsite supporting the client. I felt the client believed our team brought value to their organization and looked to us for leadership and guidance. Our internal team was amazing and warm, like family. We all worked together to support each other's efforts. The hardest part of the job was dealing with budgetary constraints of the client causing holds on projects that we were assigned to and not knowing how funding would impact our futures. Additionally, the client was large and at times there was a lot of bureacracy to navigate through in order to get efforts executed.
Can work on interesting projects, but lots of pressure to bill time
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA30 January 2018
The company I was working for was acquired by Perficient Digital. We mostly kept our startup culture, but we had to take on their outdated looking management portal. Daily time entry plus a constant push to reach our billable utilization target led to feeling like we were "resources" instead of people.

There are very smart people and the work can be fun if you don't get included on maintaining any of the really old projects. My only experience is with the mobile team.
Pros
Fun coworkers, fun parties
Cons
Low compensation
Fun, hard working, intelligent employees
ETL Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL30 January 2018
My time at Perficient was limited due to a new career opportunity, but the entire experience was a positive one.

Teammates were hard working and fun to work with.
Watch your back!
Corp Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO19 October 2017
Management is deceitful - watch your back. They will lie to your face. Management is terrible at this company. No advancement. If you are starting fresh out of college, good place to get used to work politics and all the other BS that comes with working with a publicly traded company.
Pros
co-workers are in the same boat as you
Cons
management is terrible, deceitful practices. Beware.
Worked remote
Lead Technical Consultant - Lead DevOps Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC27 August 2017
A typical day at work was in office. I was an mentor to a team. Management was great. Culture was team based. The hardest part was driving distance. Enjoyable part was mentoring the team.
Pros
Good peope.
summary review
NA (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO23 August 2017
my location is a diverse place to work. life and work balance are on par with cultural expectations. I would recommend working there. I enjoy my time at Perficient.
perficient
Lead Consultant (Former Employee) –  USA22 August 2017
on the road all the time, management not in tune, sent in to fix items that others could not do, by myself, very stressfull, expectations were set too high, and could not achieve
relaxed work environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MO18 August 2017
I great place to work. Friendly staff and fun relaxed environment. I had a good work/life balance and helpful co-workers. Needed a better training system and set-up.
Work there at your own risk
Expense Auditor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX24 May 2017
Worked there for 1.5 yrs. I hired as an expense auditor. Once hired I was expected to clean up after adults. People are rude - was told shut my mouth.
Pros
Cons
Only the favorites get ahead
Not so attractive once you are on board
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA7 March 2017
The recruiters will picture the perfect job opportunity for you but, at the end, you're just one asset more that, while you're billing, you are the best friend of the company but when you're on the bench, the management would see you as a company's ballast and would feel they want to get rid of you asap.
Pros
Can work from home
Cons
You are just a number in the company, if you're billing you're okay, if you are on the bench then you're all by yourself and chances are they will let you go.
Consulting Company with Plenty of Opportunity
Managing Member / Lead Developer (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO7 February 2017
Speaking as a dev, if you like coding, and being brought in to provide your best knowledge about how to tackle any given problem, Perficient is a great company. That said, culture is mostly mostly non-existent or dependent on the details of the setup with any given client.
Working at Perficient
Associate Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LA31 January 2017
Working as a Technical Consultant was different than I had imagined. Jack of all trades is the perfect job title for those seeking to be involved with the consulting world.
Great Place to work. Job security is low.
Sub-contractor for Santander Bank (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA24 January 2017
Nice place to work, will need to find another job on your own when your contract ends. Great workplace culture. They give you a lot of freedom to work in a professional way.
Cons
Short term contract jobs.
Great place to work at but depends on location
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY23 January 2017
I really enjoyed working for Perificent and fulfilling clients' requirements. The only thing I was unhappy about was the location and the lack of clients in the area.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Perficient. Our community is ready to answer.