PepsiCo logo
PepsiCo

PepsiCo Employee Reviews

Found 645 reviews matching the searchSee all 16,019 reviews

Good wage. Stable job. Management not good. Job culture needs improvement.

They start with $19.04 per hour for new hires which is good for a warehouse. They stick the newbies in the worst departments. Either night shift or repack. Repack has one of the most toxic management and certain workers who feel entitled. Job turnover is pretty high. Physical and demanding work. Sometimes boring just standing and folding cardboard. Benefits after 740 hours work and no advancement until you're one year in. Good for short term income and good for long haul if you want to be part of union and have seniority.

Pros

Free chips. Discount chips

Cons

Physically demanding. Very social environment.

Boring and without satisfaction.

I was staying 7 months and I was very, very disappointed.In the last 10 years the company had more than 10 electrotechnician and with this I told everything.

working for Pepsi is great because I am able to work as a team or independently, well I have learnt to be kind friendly and courteous to our clients, some times I might have some difficulties when I make my delivery and to drive back in the city.

Decent work fair wages

You get paid very well to put chips on the shelve. You get to work independently at your own pace. Lots of opportunities to work for hours. Management very easy to work for puts lots of trust in you

Pros

Pay

Cons

No growth

All is good except for the $$$.

I find the weekend supervisors to be approachable and supporting. Work is straight forward and the supervisors seem to be appreciative of the work you do. The only negative aspect of the job is the low pay and below average standard milage rebate for the gas and wear and tear of your vehicle. Aside from the $$$. Its a good job.

Pros

Steady. Job security

Cons

Low pay. Low milage rebate for the use of your car.

Not a productive work place

No Job/security advancement. Working labor Job 8 hours and 7 days a week. You will work more than two years before you get benefits or an increase in wage. Won't recommend this Job if you want a future career.

Cons

Pizza once a month

Total Waste of Time

Long hours and inconsistent workloads are the tip of the iceberg. One of the only Pepsi locations not run by a third party contractor, so management is allowed do as they please and treat people poorly without any accountability or transparency. Beyond disorganized. Should not advertise part time positions, as unofficially, genuine part time availability is considered for and often leads to more consistent decrews (they don't follow their own decrew policy, either). So basically unless you're willing to be unofficially near full time, your availability is held against you. If you have "enough" availability and they like you, they force feed you more hours than you ask for. It was a second part time job on it's own to ask management to get your schedule correct week to week. Nobody is there for drivers at 4am if something goes wrong, leading to longer days. They play favourites and at times take the opinions of these favourites into account when scheduling others for more hours or less - in what world is it common to have management enable subordinates to influence scheduling decisions regarding their peers? Their summer student positions pay $5 less for the EXACT same work - talk about cutting costs at every corner. Never seen a workplace culture as poor as this.

Pros

Advancement

Cons

Management, uncomfortable working conditions, physically demanding, inconsistent part-time hours

Hard Physical Work

I really enjoyed my time a Pepsico for the most part. I'm one of those people who flourish in a more manual job and throughly enjoyed the level of independence and activity each day brought. The management team did their best, but i felt, at times, was struggling to organize and communicate with their Merchandisers. I worked there for a year and was never issued a company phone to track my hours and keep up to date properly.If you enjoy working alone the job is great. There isn't much of a workplace culture, as most of the work was solo and in different locations throughout the city. it could be quite lonely.

Pros

Independence, consistent hours

Cons

without proper gear for a large part of my time there (company phone to scan into stores), Hard physical labour.

7 years of my career life wasted

Put in 7 years of my life giving my all evey day, working overtime creating new experiences giving my all. Just to be packaged out. I found out every few years they package out their service desk. So just kicked to the street after almost a decade with no real reason other then to save a bucks.

Pros

None free pop

Cons

Terrible management terrible work life balance no training no job security

Way tooo stressful and slave work

Sure, this job pays good and apparently there is a lot of opportunity for colleagues to move up but I didn’t stay there long enough to find out. The environment is loud and distracting, the work is way too fast paced. If you miss half a second, you’ll be behind for the next hour with chips falling all over the floor. And the only shifts they would hire for was the midnight to 8am shift what a dousy

Pros

Free gatorade in break room and free chips when working

Cons

Long hours, Too fast and Stressful

Jobs at PepsiCo

See more jobs

Very challenging, lots of learning and freedom to grow

It was a great experience. There’s lots of room to grow, managers are awesome. It is very fast paced and very competitive. You need to stand out but i loved the challenges that it brought day to day.

Pros

Growth, challenges, experience

Cons

Work and life balance, very competitive

Typical Big American Company

If you want to be a number, work hereIf you want to be told by someone how to do your job who's never in their life attempted to do your job, then is place is for youIf you want to work in a unionized environment where the union bows down to management and has absolutely no backbone, then this is your dream jobIf you want to work 14 hours a day, have your days off moved around to benefit them, this is a great place for that If you want a good job that cares about you, then go somewhere else.Toxic

Went downhill very rapidly

Pepsi had great people to work with but started treating people like dirt around 2012. It just kept getting worse, and instead of fixing problems they would do massive re-orgs every year. Basically management just kept trying to hide its failures and laying people off and then started outsourcing everything. You could work yourself to death and the only recognition you'd get was from your own team members. If you want a promotion you have to stay in everyone's face to get it because favouritism and cronyism is the way they work.

Pros

Pay was decent

Cons

Upper management plays favourites.

mauvais environnement de travail

C’était une très mauvaise expérience pour moi chez PepsiCo ,j’essaie de l’oublier et de l’éliminer de ma carrière professionnelle, j’ai regretté de sacrifié de mon ancien job pour travailler chez eux , discrimination cachée ,individualisme , aucun esprit d'équipe , traitement inhumain..

Pros

avantages sociaux

Cons

environnement stressant

fell appreciated

I always felt appreciated and that i was part of a team.One of the few places where i never felt afraid to ask a question. Safety wasn't something that looked good in a picture, Pepsi had a culture for it.

Hard but fun worksite

It's a good job worksite is fun because you will interact with different people...associates, Managers....most specialy interacting with the customers is soooo fun.

Pros

Cons

overworked

Anxiety inducing work environment and very poorly managed

A typical day at work can be very anxiety inducing for very many people that I have worked with for several years. Management is constantly changing every 3 to 5 years, it is a training site for most management, so they usually only stick around for a short time, make changes to things that should not be priority and neglect the things that should be. Workplace culture is okay, honestly the best part was the co-workers for the most part, except for the odd racist that would somehow slip into employment from time to time. Often times the best employees are not appreciated. The site is constantly changing, safety is pretty well neglected entirely at most times, some of the product they make should not be sent out to consumers but just depends on how much money they would lose. If you asked the whole production workforce if they are proud of the product they make, I would say about 90% of them would say they are not proud of the product they produce. Worst managed company I have ever worked for.

Pros

Good pay for NS, Good benefits for family oriented individuals

Cons

Awful management, stressful environment, constant changes, unsafe work conditions, worst management ever

Great place to work. (Frito-Lay)

This is a great place to work. The work load isn’t by any means unrealistic. The culture at Frito-Lay is second to none. I left because of restructuring of the warehouse. I would definitely work for the PepsiCo group again if an opportunity come up. It’s a great company.

Pros

Company culture

Cons

Would like more hours/shifts

Great pay steady work.

Pepsi was best job I ever had sure you work hard but you get paid for lots of opertunity to advance and become manager i was there 32 years to retirement best job I ever had!!

Pros

Stable work

Cons

Long hours on holidays mainly 4th of July.

bon ambiance de travail en general

les journees se suivre mais ne se ressemble pas. ce n'est pas redondant.on apprend plein de chose et c'est un emploie qui faut etre polyvalent

Pros

bon salaire et travail a plein temps

Cons

assurance collective assez honereuse pour la protection

Horrible!

Do not work for Pepsi! Zero life work balance. Management is the worst! They expect way too much for such little pay. Very toxic place! Union is so strong so really hard to get in permanently.

Benefits

Cons

Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PepsiCo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

6K