PepsiCo
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

PepsiCo Employee Reviews

Canada720 reviews

Found 720 reviews matching the searchSee all 17,219 reviews

Great company to work for

Featured review

PepsiCo selected this as a representative review
Interview process was over zoom and really personable. Lots of opportunity to grow with the company. I would recommend applying for a position with Pepsi.

Accommodating

Very accommodating company, very good benefits, the employee gym is lacklustre but at least there is a gym, very well ran place, clean and great coworkers all around

Insights into PepsiCo

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

A big name that treats employees like a number

Working at PepsiCo was okay. It paid the bills. In certain roles, like my position as a store merchandiser, you will be treated like just number. In the higher up positions, people were treated better and you can tell as soon as you start. Managers also had favorites.

Fast paced work environment, folks with a work ethic will really shine here

I have learned a ton of practical skills in the retail food business during my time at Pepsi Beverages. Hard work and going the extra mile are rewarded with the occasional prize for hitting sales metrics. If you possess a strong work ethic and good people skills this role would be a good fit for you. Branded clothes and other swag are given to you several times a year. When new products come out you can usually expect a sample. Like any job there are of course a few drawbacks. Although we are 40 hour a week salaried employees, we can often work upwards of 50 hours a week. Especially if you are covering an out of town sales route. There is no cheating the drive time it takes to cover some of these rural areas in Alberta. Advancement can be tough for those who aren’t willing to relocate as well. If you are a person who doesn’t mind moving to a different city or province to advance their career then the sky is the limit at Pepsi. There are also the obvious advantages of working for a big place like this such as a pension, benefits, RRSP match, job security, and competitive pay. Just come ready to work hard and have the occasional long day.

Pros

Pay, benefits, job security

Cons

Long hours, advancement tough for those unwilling to relocate

Good company

Supervisor was amazing. Most staff members were great. Company itself is awesome. Some employees who have been there a while get very jealous if they see you succeeding and try to cause problems.

Warehouse Tech

Day to day life of warehouse tech is easy enough, you'll start with pre shift and then depending if you can drive forklift or not you'll either be working on the pick belt with a partner loading trailer and rotating after breaks. Or you'll be driving fork loading trailers either by hand or just dropping off pallets and moving product around the warehouse. There is an expectation to maintain a work speed to keep your numbers up for the day but from my experience if you go negative a few times in a week it's not the end of the world. New hires can look forward to forklift training after 3-4 months a long with a nice pay increase. Seasonal hires won't get trained on forklift but often times they have a chance at full employment and forklift training. Management can be hit or miss depending on the shift you work some supervisors are more laxed then others. Upper management seems to try and provide different ways for communication but often ends up in delayed response. The people I have met be it management or just fellow everyday workers over all have been nice and welcoming. If I had any questions during training or something I've never encountered before people were more then willing to help or direct me to someone who could help. The hardest part of the job is maintaining your numbers especially during summer when its super busy and hot. This job is very physical and the standards that are set to meet your numbers in my option aren't very forgiving or realistic especially when driving forklift where any number of problems could arise killing your numbers. The most enjoyable -

Its a warehouse job.

They pay well, its hard physical work and the hours are kinda bad being 5-1:30 in the morning and its all seniority so you are going to be laid off but overall its a pretty fun job and if those three things don't bother you and you stay with it then you can find a lifelong career here.

Pros

Great pay, Benefits

Cons

Awkward shift, hard work, lay offs

Management is amazing

The management is pretty good at taking care of their hard working drivers. Pay is better than most companies for Delivery Drivers. Only drawback of this job is that you are hired on-call in the beginning. You can easily get more than 40 hours a week in summers but may be not even 20 in winters.

Pros

Union job, good wage, standard start time for all drivers.

Cons

you will be hired on-call in the beginning, physically demanding job, customers can be rude at times.

Fun place to work and flexible schedule

My first expirience in a merchandising role.Good management always willing to helpThe salary could be a little bit betterPhysical jobA good place to learn a growth in a merchandising career

Pros

Flexible scheduled

Cons

Salary

Horrible company to work for

Long hours to sustain a living wage. Be careful not to get injured... if they are concerned about your physical health they will find a reason to terminate you. Poor/weak district sales leaders with little to no on the job experience. I was with them for 10 years with strong growth month after month to be threatened with cuts as I was earning too much.

Fast paced environment

Was a student job at the time. Tons of hours to pick up. Pay was great for being a student (was $22/hr back in 2013). Hours were pretty good too. Either 6am-2pm or 2pm-10pm

My review

Great place to work. Fit what days of week I wanted to work. Super people to work with any get treated fairly. I felt like I belonged from day 1. I was only looking part time

Pros

Straight days

Cons

Physical

Not the best company to work for

They need to work on their managers they're really not helpful when it comes to day to day tasks, they don't help you succeed or take another person's point of view

Toxic environment

Communication from management consists of putting up a poster or sign on the wall and expecting you read it in passing. HR in a multi day process to get some one to reply. Supervisors are a revolving door of kids right out of university with zero people skills. Very much a do as I say not as I do type place to work.

Great work life balance

Overall, Pepsi Co was a great employer, work life balance is something that is emphasized in the work environment. The only problem i had was with upper management, quite frankly i would constantly get rude snarky remarks. But that's just my experience with my department.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Can get hectic

overall decent

Unless you are educated in somesort engerneering you advancment oppritunities are next to nothing. Supervisor is as far as you can make regardless of xperience and knoledge, they just want new grads to filter through

Pros

Good wage, breat work life balance, good bennifits

Cons

No Schooling no advancement

Hard work never appreciated

If you do a good job you will simply be rewarded by having to clean up after other people. They call it a “team” but I’m pretty sure everyone on a team is supposed to pull their own weight and whoever isn’t should be held accountable? Doesn’t happen here. Scheduling usually hardly makes sense, you get sent nearly an hour away from your home multiple times a week meanwhile the gas/mileage rebate they give you is abysmally low. Most people in grocery stores are miserable and unhappy to see you 90% of the time, which makes the day very dreadful. Met some decent people. Pay/benefits are decent. They give you a work phone but personally I got an iPhone 7 that barely works so it will really just add more frustration to your day. I could go on but long story short, if you currently enjoy your life, do not apply here.

Honest Forklift operator review

You are not a forklift operator, you are a order picker. You build seniority but ppl been there forever. One 30 min break for 10 hour shift. Pressure overtime on employee everyday. You have to pick pallets to certain standard which is 90 but there’s people that never done your job that tell you how to do your job. This company only cares about products only going out the door. You are in a union that doesn’t help you. Apply at your own risk. I wish you luck. You are better than people with degrees that never done work in there lives telling you how to do your job. Good luck

Easy going staff

some days would be 4 hours of work, others would be 12 hours or more.The work environment is usually good, except some of the store managers can be bossy

Pros

Staff

Cons

Tiring

Crew was ok, management is age biased and had poor communication.

In the time I was there, all new hires and promotions were given to people under 30, in many cases with little to no prior expectance. The old experienced crew was a decent bunch of guys, but when they started getting passed up for better shifts or promotions for kids with little experience they started leaving, including myself. I applied for different positions twice, and both times my interview was conveniently postponed, a time or two, then forgotten. Then both positions were filled by people in their 20's, one of which was a new hire.

Pros

Pay was ok, work clothes discount at Mark's.

Cons

Poor communication, and as stated clearly biased management.

Big company with good pay

As a truck driver you get paid for everything you do unlike transport companies. Get paid for stat holidays too. If you’re not afraid of physical work and you like to make money this is the place to drive a truck! Bonuses paid for doing a good job and taking pride in your work.

Pros

Paid stat holidays. Banked stat holidays. Opportunities to move into other roles.

Cons

Long hours. Working in all weather conditions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PepsiCo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement