PepsiCo
Happiness score is 59 out of 100

PepsiCo Employee Reviews

Canada704 reviews

Found 704 reviews matching the searchSee all 16,932 reviews

Great company to work for

Featured review

PepsiCo selected this as a representative review
Interview process was over zoom and really personable. Lots of opportunity to grow with the company. I would recommend applying for a position with Pepsi.

Crew was ok, management is age biased and had poor communication.

In the time I was there, all new hires and promotions were given to people under 30, in many cases with little to no prior expectance. The old experienced crew was a decent bunch of guys, but when they started getting passed up for better shifts or promotions for kids with little experience they started leaving, including myself. I applied for different positions twice, and both times my interview was conveniently postponed, a time or two, then forgotten. Then both positions were filled by people in their 20's, one of which was a new hire.

Pros

Pay was ok, work clothes discount at Mark's.

Cons

Poor communication, and as stated clearly biased management.

Insights into PepsiCo

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Big company with good pay

As a truck driver you get paid for everything you do unlike transport companies. Get paid for stat holidays too. If you’re not afraid of physical work and you like to make money this is the place to drive a truck! Bonuses paid for doing a good job and taking pride in your work.

Pros

Paid stat holidays. Banked stat holidays. Opportunities to move into other roles.

Cons

Long hours. Working in all weather conditions.

Selective advancement

Advancement in this company is for people who want to try out all aspects of Food Manufacturing. It is limited for Subject matter expert’s as the only advancement is if you are willing to relocate every 3 to 5 years. They hire from outside but value expertise within so integrating in challenging.

A back breaker job with poor management

I worked here for years. The merch department is physical work and demanding. If you do happen to get hurt, you will be damaged goods. Management turn over is huge and merchandisers are the bottom of the food chain here. You’re a mule basically as a merch. Sales reps targets are insane and that becomes more work for merch. Years with this company, wish I avoided it all together. I’d say look else where, especially if you want to keep your body and back in one piece. You’re 100% a number here. They do have a union but in my case….that did not really change anything. They’re better jobs and companies, that’s for sure!!!

Good wages, good advancement, very straining, poor scheduling

The job pays well, I got around 19.50 and there was myriad opportunity for OT. Moreover, the job did give clear obligations and you were never sitting around doing nothing. However, they often gave you too much and it was implicitly expected to give up lunches for advancement. The time demands were very straining as it often required >12 hours to finish a route (although you could leave after 10). It was also very lonely, there wasn't anyone around to talk to other than the employees at your stores, but if you changed often you'd forget them. Being able to see around the city is nice, however. There definitely is a potential to rise in the ranks, as almost all the upper management started out as sales reps. Managers usually don't hound you much either, which is nice. Overall, I'd recommend the job if you are an independent and efficient worker looking to grow in a career. Definitely too straining to be a long-time job however.

PepsiCo Foods Calgary

Hard working team, nice managers that are always helpful and are caring. Not every company is perfect, but the people and products are great. Difficult to work in retail stores as you are a vendor. So have to stay positive.

Pros

Benefits, great people

Cons

Long hours, work life balance

Internship was great. Challenged with real world business problem and learnt a lot.

Internship was great. Challenged with real world business problem ant learnt a lot. Project internship gives you the taste of working for the company.

Pros

culture is very welcoming

Cons

do not have

Management are rude and self-centered narcissistic

I go through people like crazy because of the work conditions the HR are the rudest I've seen in the business I would not recommend working here as you won't be there long guarantee it. I noticed they can't keep people for over a year the same positions, that's what happens when your management is useless.

It is what you make it

They try really hard to please their employees but they don't actually listen to them. The jobs are okay and the pay is good but it's only as good as you put into it. They are surprisingly not very advanced for such a large company.

Fast faced and physical job, excellent pay and benefits

If you are looking for a good paying job and good benefits this company is highly recommended.but you need to be physically fit. More hours during peak season but during slow you have high chance of being down crewed if you are less senior hired.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

You will be down crew if production not busy, seniority staffinf

Overall not bad, but can be stressful

Unionized so you start at the bottom which usually means straight night shifts Monday-Friday. You also start out $2/hr less than starting until your probation is over (300 hours if I remember correctly) then it’s $1/hr less than starting until you’ve completed your first year.Maintenance crew on night shift is very friendly and helpful (when they show up, very big attendance issue). In maintenance, you are provided with a tool chest but have to supply your own tools. It took them 4 months until they provided me with the tool chest and also it took 6 months before they provided me with uniforms/coveralls, hopefully it’ll be faster for you.Store room is poorly stocked and managed. Lots of times where a part you need isn’t there. How it’s organized also makes little sense so it can be a chore trying to find a specific part. The planners are relatively inexperienced so there are a few situations where a job is poorly planned (sometimes between changeovers when you only have a short window to complete it) and it leads to more downtime.Maintenance Supervisors (“Resources”) can vary. I’ve had a couple that had zero maintenance experience so working under them can be challenging. On the other hand, I’ve had a couple that were great to work with. They don’t seem to stick around too long though, they either quit or they’re let go entirely. What the criteria is for hiring the supervisors remains a mystery to me, I never figured it out.Single-handedly, the worst place I have ever worked at when it comes to communication. Jobs are passed off between shifts with almost no direction -

Pros

Discounted chips, fair pay

Cons

Attendance issues, poor management, poor communication

no support from management - leader was a ghost most of the time

absolutely no training - and no leadership from my report to report to wouldn't respond or offer assistance - spent my first 2 weeks not being able to get into the system and another week trying to get the program authorizations for the systems i needed to work with

Pros

coworkers were helpful

Cons

long days

Hard job

Good job for an high school degree. But not easy if you are looking for look term promotion job

Pros

Cheap soft drink, good team

Cons

Low salary, on call, hard job

Long Hours, Work Hard and you’ll be fine

Job was pretty good, pay was commission, so the more you sold, the more you made. Have a good attitude and you’ll have no problem getting along with people here. Hours can get pretty long and get ready to drive if your out of town for more than a week at a time.

Pros

Free Chips, potential for decent pay

Cons

Long hours, lots of driving

Rude management

Rude management. Poor work life in this company. If you ask for a sick leave in prior time still they cancel your upcoming shifts. Zero trust on their employees. Working hours are less if you are looking for a part time weekend job. The customer service coordinator of GTA area is worst.

Very Supportive Management

One of the best company you’ll ever work for. Supervisor supports us in every possible way, salary and benefits are good too! Also if you like working alone and you’re good at managing your time - Merchandising is the job for you.

Horrible place to work

I liked it at first, it isn't a very hard job, but the nights were long. I worked Saturday-Monday 7pm to 7am. Sometimes you'd start out your shift with absolutely no work, you'd be standing around for an hour or two doing nothing. Usually you'd run our of work between 2:30am-3:30am. You'd clean and audit your area and you'd be free to go home, if you wanted to lose pay. You'd be so bored though you'd give in and leave because there was no work. After a few months there though you start to see how bad management is. They sit in their little command area and do nothing. You'd run out of the most popular chips and you'd have to suspend boxes until you'd get product. It was an all night, every night thing. You'd get PSL angry at you because you'd have a boatload of suspended boxes and trucks wouldn't be able to leave because they don't have all the product . If management didn't like you, they place you places they knew you didn't like much. My coworkers were great though. God forbid you miss a shift or two though for family emergencies. You'll end up fired a few weeks before your 6 months. This is your warning to not work at Frito-Lay/PepisCo

Interesting workplace

Busy environment, work can be hard sometimes. The hours will depend on the location and time. Management is understanding and caring for the employees.

Great co-workers, fast paced

Warehouse fast paced and timed, conveyor belts to trailers kept jamming up, great co-workers. Training for fork-lifts. Management helpful and easy to talk with. Discount on product once a week. Loading trailers good work out , cold in winter hot in summer.

Pros

Cheap chips

Cons

Breakdowns on belts

Physically demanding but good pay and benefits

It's a good company to work for as a picker, but it's very physically demanding you have to lift heavy case non stop for a 10 hour shift and they only give us a 30 min break over the 10 hour shift. The pay is quite good for a wearhouse and so are the benefits, but the supervisors are quite poor at their leadership skills and will penalize you for doing your job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PepsiCo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement