Peoples Park Tower Employee Reviews

Worst place I've ever worked. Unsafe, does not follow heath and safety guidelines.
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB14 May 2019
Unsafe place to work. Health and safely guidelines are not followed. Unsanitary. Raw chicken, fish and beef would be prepped from the top of a garbage can. Cooked chicken, fish and beef would be plated from the top of a garbage can. ( hotel baking pans being placed on top of garbage can) This is no joke. This actually happened on the daily.
Cooking trays never cleaned. Product cooked on trays that cookies were cooked on without cleaning.

Cleaning rags were actually old bedsheets and towels. Which only got washed once a month.

Breaks never given unless you are a smoker. Only get breaks if you tell them that you are going on break. That's when you get only huff and puffs from management.

Management never on floor. They spend all the time sitting in the office, staying away the action. Customers can't talk or blame management if they aren't around. That way servers and cooks take the blame and complaints.

Customers were not listen to and treated badly cause they were older and retirees. Verbal Elderly Abuse.

Cleanieness was not a priority.
Customers were not a priority

If you bring up any issues you see, you will be fired the next day. That's what they did to me.

Actually glad I worked there, so I know what not to do and how not to treat people.

Overall, the worst place I've ever worked and I've been in the industry for over 15 years
Pros
Can do basically do whatever you went, no true management
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, treated like a dog
Horrible place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB7 September 2018
As a server you receive absolutely no respect from our manager and a large portion of the residents. Many of my old coworkers left in the middle of their shift and never came back because of the stress. Some people have frequent panic attacks. In one night 3 of our 6 servers had panic attacks. 4 of us cried. The turn over in the dining room is crazy. So many people quit in fits of rage and of not wanting to be treated badly anymore. The pace discrepancy in the different sections of the floor is insane. Some people don't have time to take a drink of water while others spend their shift chatting with the supervisor instead of working. More often than not you have to stay at least 15 minutes late from the end of your shift but sometimes it is as bad as an hour and 15 minutes. The only reason we have good job security is because we literally can't afford to fire anyone. Don't think you can advance from here because some people have been serving for 15 years with no pay increase in that time other than when minimum wage goes up

For cooks, you are expected to stay at least 20 minutes after your shift ends because residents often come to eat 2 minutes before we close. For shifts like breakfast you NEED to arrive at least a half an hour early to get everything you need done though some have come 2 hours early. Some cooks don't take breaks because of a lack of time in the busy schedule
Pros
Good discounts, flexible hours
Cons
Extremely busy, horrible management
Very productive
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB4 July 2018
Love the work and very challenging. I was eager to learn new things and was encouraged too. I worked as a team and got along with everyone. Park Tower provided a positive work environment.
Very busy enviroment
LPN Manager (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB21 March 2014
Very long hours, and approx. 600 residents. Makes a shift go by very fast. As an LPN manager, I was in charge of other staff, Emergency systems, scheduling, Medication.