Peoples Jewellers Employee Reviews

It used to be a fun place but upper management changes
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 June 2019
Enjoyed working with the staff we became a family. Upper management changed the atmosphere and it became very toxic . Fighting for sales and arguing that was my customer. No happy atmosphere with staff or customers.
Dont do it
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC18 June 2019
Constant gossip, dying company.
Frustration runs rampant with employees and customers alike.

The best part of the job is learning about jewelry, they have a decent training program in that area (only).
Dont do it
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON4 June 2019
The district management level is awful, they lie to your face and talk behind your back. Staff at store level are great people but generally don't receive appropriate training. Management is paid poorly by comparison to other jewellery retailers. There is the standard holiday back out period with no time off, but this is normal for retail stores. I was with this company for the better part of a decade and I would never return or recommend this to a friend
Fun workplace to interact with excited customers
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON2 May 2019
Good place to work if you enjoy sales and incentives. It allows you to be dressed well as well as carry a serious approach to helping customers discover what they are looking for for that special occasion.
Fun and rewarding workplace for managers and staff alike
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2019
Best job I have ever had. You will get compensated very well if you put in your share of hard work. Expectations are high but achievable.
Upper management is professional and they treat everyone with respect.The worst part of the job is that it's a commission environment which causing some friction amongst team members.
The best part is the compensation and you get to work with beautiful merchandise.
They provide you with training and the tools but you have to take ownership of your own development.
Be aware: this is an American company with head office being located in USA which means they will do anything to support the US economy not the Canadian. Meaning they order all supplies from US and all support staff is there.
There is no job security. You can be on the street without warning. They might even fire you with cause if they manage to come up with a reason to do it.
Pros
Performance based compensation
Cons
Preassure to perform
Very good working atmosphere.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 February 2019
Working with peoples Jewellers was a great selling experience.
Learned how we make a-Great Impression , how we can create connection and offer solution to our Guest . .
As store manager - we should have,

-Analytical thinking/.Reasoning.
- Setting Directions / gaining Commitments.
- Delivering Results.
- Building relationship.
- Establishing credibility.
-Managing Self.
- Encouraging growth.
- value Diversity.
- Driving results through communication with application of Emotional Intelligence.

Work place Culture was a pleasant team players ground with helping each other in multicultural atmosphere..

Managing Repairs from vendors.

Traing and coaching team members in healthy atmosphere.

Thanks

depending on location -great place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON29 January 2019
Great training programs done through modules..up to date technical aids. company recruits from within posting opportunities..has great customer service standards
Pros
great incentive trips
Cons
heavy workloads
Peoples Jewellers
Retail Jewellery Sales Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 December 2018
Being a jeweller by trade, I was quite comfortable in my role at Peoples Jewellers as an inside sales associate, who later was promoted to assistant manager.
Great Place to Work
Jewellery Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON6 November 2018
Great company to work for. Great support with regards to benefits and self growth. Not only do you grow with your knowledge on the job requirements, but you are able to enhance your skills and personal development too.
Benefits are not that great
Jewellery Consultant/DCA (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 October 2018
If you are a great seller and only care about yourself. Then this place is for you. Even if you are caught stealing they keep you. Depending on which store you are at.
Hard work, minimal comission
Jewellery Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB9 October 2018
Peoples Jewellers is a very busy environment, with lots to keep you busy. This environment is best for someone with a strong backbone, and good computer skills. There is lots to learn, and as much responsibility as you can handle.
Pros
flexable hours, store discount
Cons
low comission, low pay
working conditions
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC6 September 2018
Working at Peoples Jewelers had some great potential if you can stand the pressure of sales behind the job. They give you the DCA course paid for but this course is just a title the course does not allow any extra benefits working for them. They do not take the course as recognition other than a name change on your badge.
They can drop your hours in half without any notice. The managers do not care anything about the employees that work for them.
Not worth the time or money
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB30 August 2018
Long hiring process, sounds promising but when I finally started I was being trained by employees that did not even have 90 days on the job themselves. Store manager had no management skills or training and after 4 weeks if not working for the company I still have no received an ROE or full pay owed as I was missing hours (shocking) have lots more to say but I’ll just leave it at this. Lloydminster, AB location
Disappointed in this compamy
Jewellery Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC12 August 2018
For such a large corporation they treat their employees badly. I thought when I first was hired, wow I can't Wait to work together with this company. But unfortunately it went down hill from there basically after a month of being there. I would not recommend this company to people looking for work or looking for jewellery. Sad because they could turn this company back to what it was
Typical Sales Job
Jewellery Consultant - Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 August 2018
Peoples is a typical sales job, high pressure to meet sales goals and other targets. High pressure creates an everyone for themselves syndrome rather than focussing on good customer service. Not much room to advance.
Pros
Nothing exceptional
Cons
Low commission, high pressure
fun and competitive workplace
Full-time Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 July 2018
Peoples is a great place to be apart of some of the most important times of peoples lives. It is a competitive commission based work environment. There is room to grow within the organization however it is very competitive and requires a great deal of dedication.
Good environment for learning about jewellery.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2018
The company is mid-tier jewelry brand. Usually located in large shopping malls. Some managers were better than others. Enjoyed the people that I worked with. Can make decent money, but takes time to get your commission bracket raised.
Was ok, Until they just Shut us down
Manager (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS18 May 2018
I thought I was going to make a career with these people, then without notice at all they shut us down. We were told 3 weeks before the doors closed that we were out of a job, and they wanted us to still continue as if nothing was happening. They are money hungry and you are just a number
Pros
Salary was good
Cons
No work life balance, just a number, closed down
Competitive and meant for people who live for achievments
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 March 2018
Lots of paperwork which I don't mind but not a whole lot of advancement in jobs and careers. Your sale goals are a little out of realistic and if you don't achieve them they notice
Pros
Lots of people to talk to, discount
Cons
unfair hours, lots of gossip, unfair goals to reach
Terrible Company to work for!! The will work You to bone and pay you nothing.
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON15 February 2018
Terrible company and environment to work. They pay you peanuts, commission is .05% you might get a 10 cent raise IF you hit all your sales targets.
No pay increases for increased responsibility. The jewelery is all made overseas and falls apart.
Worst job I have ever had!!
Pros
Cons
Everything!