Peoples Jewellers Employee Reviews

Terrible Company to work for!! The will work You to bone and pay you nothing.
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON15 February 2018
Terrible company and environment to work. They pay you peanuts, commission is .05% you might get a 10 cent raise IF you hit all your sales targets.
No pay increases for increased responsibility. The jewelery is all made overseas and falls apart.
Worst job I have ever had!!
Pros
Cons
Everything!
started out great
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 February 2018
I loved peoples jewellers until we got a new management team and it have become so stressful and and there is no job security. The work moral has deceased because we have been under so much pressure.
Great entry-level retail position
Jewellery Consultant (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON17 January 2018
A good entry level job. Security of merchandise was a top priority. A typical day started inventory counts and security measures. The majority of customers were friendly and easy to deal with. The manager was very organized and fair. The other sales associates on the team were friendly and knowledgeable. The most difficult part of the job was meeting credit card sign-up quotas. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the stories behind why a customer wants to purchase a particular piece of jewellery, ranging from promise rings to anniversaries, these stories were always heartwarming
Pros
Right by the food court
Cons
uncomfortable footwear
Overall good place to work.
Key Holder and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 January 2018
Salary was low, benefits were good, management at certain locations was good, lots of unnecessary workplace drama, advancement was not really attainable.
Fun to work at the store level while micromanaged at the corporate level
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 January 2018
Heartless company closing 40 stores before Christmas with only 1 week notice. All managers in Corp attended a yearly conference which was very informative. Continues to increase financial expectations while dramatically cutting hours
Pros
monthly performance bonus
Cons
Very long hours on salary
Enjoyed working with the public
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON18 November 2017
Duties included opening and closing the store as a key holder. Ordering merchandise for customers, sending things away to be repaired, helping them find the perfect gifts.
I learned about gemstones, diamonds and precious metals.
Holidays were extremely busy especially the Christmas season. This was my second job in customer service and would say it was by far my favourite.
Decent Workplace
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2017
No a bad place to work and the staff is nice. But the pay is not sufficient for the amount of work that is done. They are very reasonable in cases of emergencies
great friendly place
Cashier/ CSR (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 September 2017
Excellent co-workers, easy to work with and extremely helpful to one another. management was very good at communicating daily tasks out. They was no real downside to this position with the company.
Great atmosphere poor leadership
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON17 July 2017
Great store environment to work, decent work life balance. Poor District management. Layoff employees that consistently meet and/exceed targets while other stores struggle to hire. Has caught DM in multiple lies. Bonus program is decent.
Pros
Bonus program.
Cons
Unecessary layoffs.
High costumer service
Diamond certified (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 July 2017
They always provide high costumer service , high quality Diamonds, and with 10 or 14 k gold, it's been 7 years working with this company and I always enjoyed and loved working with.
Educational
Jewellery Consultant (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 April 2017
While working at Peoples Jewellers I received excellent education about the jewellery world. It was very diverse and intriguing.
Thank you for the fun experiences. However, full time jobs were not an option at my location and time.
fun plae to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 April 2017
my first job out of high school learned all about fashion jewellery gold and diamonds, watches china and other fine things. made many friends loved working in the office
Pros
friends
Great Management
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB5 April 2017
Loved learning knew things everyday about diamonds and all other stones. Realising there is a lot of people don't know about what they are buying and how they are actually made.
Sucks
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  nonye;r business14 March 2017
When the company was Canadian owned it was great. Zales bought them out and it was pretty bad and now Signet bought it and is killing it slowly by cutting commissions, raising targets, no raises and tripling work load while short staffed. Worse everyday. Run like a true American company in Canada!!!!!!!
Hate it now!
Pros
Going home at the end of the day
Cons
low wages, retail hours, high targets low commisions
Interesting place to work.
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2017
I had many different duties which kept me busy all day long.
The people are friendly and cooperative.
I enjoyed working Monday to Friday.
I enjoyed staying busy all the time.
Fun workplace
Jewellery Consultant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK5 January 2017
I loved working for Peoples Jewellers for two years. It was just time to advance to a company that was going to allow for further opportunities. The one downfall for working for the company was they allowed for very little family-work balance.
Cons
No family-life work balance
Productive and can work with less supervision
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Millwoods Town Centre Edmonton Alberta19 December 2016
Having a good work experience in this kind of industry makes you to be knowledgeable and professional person to everyone..
A lot of modals learning different Jewellry.
Jewellry consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 September 2016
Like to enjoy working and people I work with. Had that at People's for the most part. Many things changed when signet took over, and not for the better. I still enjoy meeting up with the staff.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
No longer enjoying going to work.
Overall a good place to work
Store Administrator/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2016
A lot of KPIs, policies, structures - try not to worry about the commission aspect and focus on customer service.
Consistent training, however not too many options for advancement.
Pros
Helping clients create memories
Cons
Retail hours
great place
Store Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 July 2016
Loved my job. The staff was awesome and I enjoyed doing the admin duties and receiving stock. I liked that I was able to work alone as well as with others.
Pros
was a day job
Cons
some cranky customers