Penticton Regional Hospital

Penticton Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews

N/a

Good manage,ent position within specialty area. Tight on resources at times Very collaborative group of managers. Nice new hospital to work in and great area of Canada

Needs work

Upper management is to concerned with lining their pockets at the expense of the workers and patients. They keep getting raises while cutting back on the quality of necessary supplies.

Very poor management in this department.

Awesome place to work but very poor management, clicky, non supportive work culture in this department. Very disgruntled and unhappy worker in this department due to management. wmployees

productive and fun

Absolute blast working with all the other nurses here! Never a dull moment and such friendly staff. Easy to go to work and feel welcomed, never feels like work here!

Pros

great wages and benefits

Cons

Good chance to practice skills learned and hands on education

The hospital work environment was good for student learning, and the staff was very helpful when asked questions. There were times when the poor organization did make tasks difficult to carry out and patient care was slightly compromised.

Great benefits, Managment needs help

Prepare food for patients and Cafe. Learned multi tasking. Managment needs improvment, supervisors do not listen to your needs. Co-workers are only there for themselves. Hardest part of the job is making everyone happy, most enjoyable is seeing the happines on the patients when you cook a great meal.

Constantly changing environment, fast paced, wonderful co-workers and management

A typical day at work was always begun by greeting to and from co workers and management. Very friendly, positive workplace. Team work orientated, everyone constantly working together to get things done on time and effectively. The hardest part of the job was being unsure of hours to come, as I was a casual employee. The most enjoyable part of the job, was feeling like I made a difference at the end of the day, not only in being part of a hardworking team, but also in the community. I felt was valued and respected, it was wonderful.

Pros

good pay, professional working environment

Cons

no benifits (casual employee)

Team motivated environment. Helpful, not only physically helpful on the job, emotionally supportive when there is stress or loss to deal with.

Once report has been read, the day begins with; washing residents, assisting to get dressed for the day, toileting, feeding. What I have learned is that, the way we not only approach the residents but also one another will affect the outcome to the start of everyone's day. That includes our management, it is appreciated being acknowledged for hard work. If there is a concern, it is brought to your attention with tact and constructive criticism.The hardest part of the job is when a routine is disrupted by behavioral outbursts, short staffed, and sadly death. But once a few days have been spent relaxing physically and mentally, I am ready to get back to the team that is all there for the same reasons, the care for the residents that need us.

Pros

excellent staff, friendly atmosphere, the supplies are always provided as needed.

Cons

at times the long hrs can wear on you so your not at your peak performance 100% of the day

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Penticton Regional Hospital?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penticton Regional Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement