Penticton Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

3.8Job Security & Advancement
Good chance to practice skills learned and hands on education
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC15 November 2018
The hospital work environment was good for student learning, and the staff was very helpful when asked questions. There were times when the poor organization did make tasks difficult to carry out and patient care was slightly compromised.
Constantly changing environment, fast paced, wonderful co-workers and management
Food Services Dept. / Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC4 February 2013
A typical day at work was always begun by greeting to and from co workers and management. Very friendly, positive workplace. Team work orientated, everyone constantly working together to get things done on time and effectively. The hardest part of the job was being unsure of hours to come, as I was a casual employee. The most enjoyable part of the job, was feeling like I made a difference at the end of the day, not only in being part of a hardworking team, but also in the community. I felt was valued and respected, it was wonderful.
Pros
good pay, professional working environment
Cons
no benifits (casual employee)
Team motivated environment. Helpful, not only physically helpful on the job, emotionally supportive when there is stress or loss to deal with.
Care Aide, Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BC31 October 2012
Once report has been read, the day begins with; washing residents, assisting to get dressed for the day, toileting, feeding. What I have learned is that, the way we not only approach the residents but also one another will affect the outcome to the start of everyone's day. That includes our management, it is appreciated being acknowledged for hard work. If there is a concern, it is brought to your attention with tact and constructive criticism.
The hardest part of the job is when a routine is disrupted by behavioral outbursts, short staffed, and sadly death. But once a few days have been spent relaxing physically and mentally, I am ready to get back to the team that is all there for the same reasons, the care for the residents that need us.
Pros
excellent staff, friendly atmosphere, the supplies are always provided as needed.
Cons
at times the long hrs can wear on you so your not at your peak performance 100% of the day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penticton Regional Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3