Penske Employee Reviews

Penske
Full time Assistant Rental Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON21 April 2018
Penske is a great place, I do some customer service, some accounting, some management. At Penske you get a little bit of everything where I could use it at any given business.
Do not work here
310T Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON25 March 2018
Not a good company to work for. Too many die hards there that will try to push you around. Management will take you for a mile if you give them an inch. Lazy people with poor attendence and work habits are rewarded and get better shifts. Overall poor work enviroment.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management is horrible, problem co workers never get fired
Woodstock - Lousy Place to Work!!!
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON13 March 2018
Woodstock Cross Dock - Management is horrible! Favoritism abounds. Management apply rules as they see fit. Safety is a suggestion! Management needs to be replaced top to bottom.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, bad environment, poor management, bad morale, significant turnover.
unreliable, unstable company
Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC19 February 2018
typical day at work resulted in you dreading going into work the next day.
I learned what I was capable of and what I could and could not handle.
Management is non existent and rarely show their support for you.
Workplace is absolutely dreadful, constantly surrounded by immature men.
Hardest part of the day was starting work. Most enjoyable part of the day was going home.
worst place to work
Part-time rental representative (Former Employee) –  montreal3 January 2018
lack of good management
lack of communication
too much pressure on employees
pay is good but not enough since the job is very stressful
no benefits or vacation for part-time employees
Great company to work for!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON23 November 2017
Penske has a great company culture! It is the type of company where your hard work is noticed, appreciated and rewarded. Everyone in management is more than willing to help with any issues, and help in any way possible. Completely approachable and friendly. Their employees come first always, no exceptions. Starting this job as a single parent, there were multiple situations where they were accommodating and flexible with working with my schedule. Great advancement opportunities, and an amazing place to start your career. Would recommend this company in a heartbeat!
Pros
free lunch, company culture, flexibility, salary, time off, independence, training opportunities, advancement opportunities
overall poorly managed , shop safety procedures not followed
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON12 November 2017
my work day - starting time 10:00 pm - perform yard check in dark poorly lite parking lot , reconcile yard check repair order planner , organize and create repair orders for shop and offsite techs .
my shift tech start at 11:00 pm , monitor shop tech repairs , perform verification when each job task is completed , review finished repair orders . mange customer needed times , adviser when needed times are not going to be met , monitor shaop safety procedures , maintain clean productive shop area .
Pros
excellent shop training programs, free lunches provided on dayshift on special days
Cons
free lunches not provided on afternoon and11 hours work days, 5 days a week, on midnight shifts, company very slow to pay sbmitted expense reports
Can be a great place to work if you have good managers and a good economy...
Lease Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
A good manager makes all the difference at Penske - no matter what role, someone who motivates you and recognizes your achievements will make you want to move up and work hard for the company. The atmosphere is best when the company does well and is more willing to give back to the employees via team building events, luncheons, and contests. The job itself can be overwhelming at times, but can be very rewarding when you win business both personally and financially.
Pros
Success is highly rewarded
Cons
Potentially Long Hours, 24/7 on call, retention issues for supporting roles
very poorly managed, understaffed by a bunch of monkeys
310T Heavy Diesel Apprentice Technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 October 2017
Management does not protect the employees, they only protect themselves, will walk all over you you let them. Poorly staffed. some nights only apprentices on floor
Horrible company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON5 September 2017
Absolutely horrible company to work for..... worked for them for 2 1/2 years and drivers get treated like garbage.... have to constantly chase down your pay cheque cause they could never get it right.... management is an absolute joke at the Cambridge location they don't know what they are doing..... they nickel and dime you at every turn they also took away pay raises and management says that "Penske does not give raises" so badly I strongly suggest to stay away from Penske....
Cons
Everything about this company sucks
Productive with overtime
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  woodstock on4 September 2017
there is usually a large amount of overtime available. many courses on line to learn with Penske from basic computer skills to people skills.
room for advancement within the company.
Productive and exciting workplace
Customer (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON29 August 2017
Provided me with good opportunities and experiences that I will be able to carry with me throughout my career, sadly my branch got closed down because I really enjoyed working for this company.
Loved working here.
Audit Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON11 July 2017
Very good place to work for. Lots of advancement options.
I started on the floor and moved up to lover management within a few years. Almost upper management but company closed its doors.
Pros
Fun and exciting work place.
Cons
Late nights and job pressures.
Yard Administrator (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON29 May 2017
Shift work
Schedule tends to change, often
pays more then minimum wage
management changes often but provides some support
if you need to work a day shift there is not a lot of room to move up in the company
Good outlets but management is horrible
HEAVY EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 May 2017
Avoid to work for Penske, its a salve-monger place, no holidays, to take a couple days off is impossible, management threads people
like dirt.

To boost the moral they buy cheap junk food, -so miserable they can't even give their slaves a half way decent Christmas party.
Pros
they give you a tool box to work with
Cons
A lot!
The company has lost its customer focus
Service (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 April 2017
It is a job that isn't for everyone. It is fast-paced. The longer I have worked the more resentful I have become to the company. The sales staff sign contracts promising the world but the District staff works to make things as hard as possible to do things well.

Currently management preaches that Penske has a strong customer focus yet the same management has put a high priority to sell off trucks off the books over all their everyday customers so customer service is only getting worse. It is very clear that management is just a puppet for the larger management in the US and are only focused at doing anything to get a short term profit to justify their jobs. Stay away if you enjoy your mental health.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management organization
Good company to start
Truck and Coach Mechanic's apprentice (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2017
Good company to start as a truck and coach apprentice. Friendly environment and medium work load. The wages are low though, been with company for more than 2 years and still pay me as 1st year apprentice
Pros
Oem trainings
Cons
low pay rate
Team players
Technician Assistant/C.S.R (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 December 2016
I was promised an apprenticeship position that was false, I worked for 2 years with false hopes of moving up internally and geting the opportunity to go through school
Pros
Good People
Cons
Unkept commitments
Great place
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 November 2016
Management is strong,they train their staff well.
I enjoyed the freedom and independence to establish and maintain my career
Productive easy going
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 November 2016
Decent place to work nice and clean environment good addittude managers and HR very friendly and approachable benefits are great the company is on top of all types of paper work for anything needed for their employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penske. Our community is ready to answer.