Penningtons Employee Reviews

Productive daily tasks
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC10 October 2018
Very busy atmosphere

Love the customer interaction

Immediate management always there for you

Typical day is to tidy up store from previous day; open, hang or fold and put new stock out and replenish what is needed; restructure areas in store to fit blueprints
Pros
Flexibility and discount
Cons
Long drive!!
fun place great staff
Full Time Sales Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON13 September 2018
customer service. management was good but changed every so often. hardest part was flipping a store in less than 24 hours. working with amazing people was the best part of the job
Pros
great staff
Cons
rude clients
Has gotten better.
Sales Associate - Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 August 2018
The managing staff are kind. Things from the past have changed greatly making it a better place to work. The people are like a team. Everyone is reliable.
Upper management worst I have ever known.
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 August 2018
Used to be such a great company. Upper management is the worst. They have their favourites and everyone else gets treated like dirt. dm and hr too close so you can’t even go to them for support. Worst job ever
Not to bad
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 August 2018
I always loved working in clothing stores and I loved working in Pennington's. But the disorganization was the downfall, at the end of my job time they had cut the hours so bad that I couldn't survive on one day a week.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Not enough hours
Funwork place
Team Leader/ Acting ASM (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON10 August 2018
I was never the dress up type of person, working with penningtons gave me a whole other life where i got to dress up everyday and have fun doing it with customers and employées. I do wish they delt with instore issues alittle better. Overall though my experience there was great, my manager was amazing and my district manager at the time aswell.
Pros
Upbeat environment
Cons
Disnt take instore problems seriously
decent pay, great atmosphere and benefits
Style Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON2 August 2018
Almost everything about the job I absolutely loved, from setting up the new displays to helping the customers, they would even have small monthly competitions for sales associates to reach to that were always friendly and optional. Only unfortunate thing about the job is there's little to no sitting down and unless you were already hired on for full-time, they'll only ever have part-time, so there's almost no room at all for advancement.
STORE MANAGER/AREA TRAINING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON13 June 2018
This company expects a lot from management and employees and does not compensate accordingly. SM and ASM are given paid sick days, but a doctors note is required to use them. Visual changes are expected to be completed without disruption to the business but no hours given to support. Changes in market not taken into account the expect results with no marketing / promotional support.
Don’t walk, run from this company!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  British Columbia4 June 2018
Absolutely horrific place to work. This company has no idea what they are doing. Sales are terrible so they blame the employees. Maybe it’s the overpriced garbage you sell?
The customers are mostly awful, entitled, rude, demanding!

Worst experience of my career!
Pros
Zero
Cons
Awful customers, no support from upper management, extreme work load, you get written up for everything and anything.
Welcoming workplace
Fashion Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON29 May 2018
Every coworker that is there or has been hired on is very welcoming and friendly. Really enjoy going to work everyday. My manager and other management are great!
Pros
Laughs, hardworking, fun
Cons
Computers dont work sometimes

Want to know more about Penningtons?

Ask a question
Productive and fun workplace with good management
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 May 2018
It was a good place to work, I was just young and unfortunately didn’t get to stay long. I wouldn’t be opposed to working for the company again now that it’s bwen a few years !
Pros
Being understanding of school
Cons
High shelves
Amazing
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gander, NL8 May 2018
perfect place to work when you have other things in your live, the hours are very fluid and easy to move based on your every day life. the people are also very nice, both the customers and the employees.
Communication issues
Manager (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON5 May 2018
Great company for may years. However the last few years they have lost sight of core company values of respect, integrity and growth. Middle management needs to remember what it's like on the front line and be supportive during challenges, instead of accusations and making management feel as if failures. There are some very smart, intelligent buisness woman with in the organization with guidance and support could and would flourish. However no person can succeed when they feel constantly like a failure. I enjoyed my time with this company and hope they will raise up and improve the communications they have with their teams and be great again.
Pros
Clients, discount, training opportunities, job stability
Cons
Middle management
Great Job but management problems
Fashion Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ON21 April 2018
I worked here for just under a year within that time frame we went through about 4 management changes. This is not a stable place to work with very little advancement options. They work on favoritism for promotions and I have seen it happen with their disciplinary actions as well. When I was first there I loved it but slowly the company changes have made this not a good place to work or grow.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Bad Management
Fun job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC13 April 2018
Very fun job. Very number driven company. A great starter job or part time job. There is no room to advance. There are an awful lot of bosses. Not always working well together.
Pros
Great starter job or part time job.
Cons
No room to advance.
Supportive Environment but lack of environment surroundings
Fashion Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 February 2018
Good environment for workers to complete their tasks and assist customers. There were times of mistreatment towards customers by a few coworkers when they were having a bad day. Lack of skills to keep personal matters personal. Very supportive community with the works but was almost a con because there was too much welcoming of emotions to work.
Pros
Great environment to heighten communication skills and help people
Cons
Unreliable hours
Fun
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 February 2018
fast paced and dynamic work environment. never a dull moment to be had. customers quickly become friendly and building those trusting relationships with your customers are encouraged.
We are a family! Fun, productive, and great customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 January 2018
Love working here. The staff are amazing, make you feel like family. So much fun! They often call ahead of getting to work to see if you want anything from timmies :D
Pros
Saturdays= timbits
Cons
Can be chaotic
Achieving a sale for a satisfied customer
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL17 January 2018
The best part of the job was working with my customers and helping them find great deals.
I enjoyed being able to set them up with new clothes that put a smile on their faces.
Pros
Flexible hours
Great workplace with friendly coworkers
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK5 January 2018
Working at Penningtons was a great first job experience. The staff were all very friendly and welcoming and the work was difficult but fair. A typical work day consisted of helping customers find the right outfits for them and then accessorizing what they had. Our policy was to dress our customers from the inside out, top to bottom. I quickly learned what I had to do and how to complete each task efficiently. The management was very friendly and she was not only the boss but also a friend to all of the staff members. The hardest part of the job was on our busiest days when there was no time to just stop and relax for even a second. It was especially difficult when an evening rush was unexpected and there were only two staff members present to help 30 customers. However, those days were always the most rewarding, especially seeing the smiles on customers faces when they found something that fit them perfectly and that they felt comfortable wearing.
Pros
50% discount on all regular items
Cons
Not enough work hours one week and then the next having too many hours