Penningtons
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Penningtons Employee Reviews

Canada122 reviews
I enjoyed my job , was kept busy all the time. Great satisfaction in helping people pick out outfits. Easy to move up the ladder in this company . I would recommend this job
Pros
Fun, entertaining, gratifying
Cons
Split shitfs sometimes
I have worked for Penningtons for 7 years and over the course of that time I've had 4 different managers and they make or break the job for sure. The customers are like customers anywhere so if you've worked retail you already get it customers suck. The company is fair but as long as your manager is good (like most of mine have been and mine for sure is now) its a great place to work!
I worked with the company for almost 20 years I loved my job unfortunately the store closed . I miss it and my wonderful staff and customers ! Would definitely work there again if presented the opportunity ! Great benefits, bonus opportunities!
I enjoyed my time there. management was fair and supportive. hours of work were nice however not enough hours per person for me to continue working with them.
I loved working within my job perimeters but sometimes they ask too much when the customer volume is too high. They definitely believe that customer experience is very important in relation to sales
The manager is a patient one and puts all her time and effort to let the starters be at ease with their job.
The management is sorted and the store environment is good.

The company teaches well with the courses and have everything up to date well in advance
A very team driven job experience, everyone works for goals to be reached. No matter if it is merchandising to completing sales to help customers. It is not a one person job. I loved the interaction in this job.
loved working seasonal there they treated everyone like family, makes everyone feel welcomed appreciated the managers were awesome and friendly . just loved it
this company is very clique from district managers to managers in the stores if the manager likes you then you get hours if not especially at the Claireview location you will get no hours . There is no respect shown for employees or customers and there is alot of back stabbing and talking behind peoples back instead of showing the correct way to do something you are just criticized for doing it incorrectly .
The management is very immature and never showed appreciation for their staff an Managment takes credit for all the staff hard work with set ups
The team worked very well together. The manager and assistant manager were outstanding. The only reason I left the job was because I moved too far away. I highly recommend Penningtons Abbotsford.
Trials and tribulations like any other place but overall friendly and support staff as long as your hard worker the likely hood of moving up is easy and a fun place to explore.
I work at Pennington’s for the Christmas season I was hinted at several of times that I would get a promotion and that never happend. Also felt like I couldn’t talk to management about things that were happening g
Pros
Some great co workers
Cons
No trust, bullying.
I would not recommend working for this company. The expectations and work load of the sales associates far exceed the time given to perform tasks. Praise is rarely provided, and reprimand is a frequent. Employees are expected to have open availability for work, but receive minimum hours.
High expectations with not enough staff to support the needs of the store and the customers.Not enough pay and benefits for the work done by employees on a daily basis.
the managers are sweet but the higher ups dont realise that we cant make our targets everyday due to the area of the store and the small town we're in.
I loved working at Penningtons for some reasons. I got to learn body types, lingerie fittings, the discount is awesome, and it was a great atmosphere to be in. I had to give my two weeks after a few months of working there because it was required for school, and the manager was upset. I went back in there one time to pick up a pair of shoes that I wanted to badly, and she made me feel like garbage.

I'd 100% recommend working there, though if there's good management!
I worked at Pennington's for a few years, and it's such a pleasant place to work. The management and fellow staff is extremely friendly, most of the customers are too! It can be somewhat slow on the later night shifts but there's always something to do to keep you busy. Such a fun job and would highly recommend working here to anyone that is looking for a job in retail!
They will either work you to death, or won’t even put you on the schedule. Management can treat you horribly and nothing will change. They change all policies right after you learn the old ones. Wage isn’t even worth the effort you put in. I would never suggest someone to work here no matter how nice the work discount is! They expect you to wear the clothing but once it’s out of the store you can’t wear it at all, horrible place to work
First few years were awesome, but went downhill. They expect you to drop your outside life for the store. Employees being over worked with too many tasks and unrealistic goals. Not enough staff. They also make employees work alone at night just to cut back on costs and that's extremely dangerous especially in high crime areas but that doesn't seem to bother the company. The only thing positive is the employee discount.
New management was not friendly and not customer driven, all about the money and it showed.
Didn’t ever feel like a team.

Not a great place to work sadly.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
The manager
I was management and loved my staff. The company loves flipping the store often which is good but within the location I worked at the manager was little to no help, the head office thought she was gold so there was noone to speak to, when I did try, the DM told my manager I had come to her with concerns and I was treated worse by the manager and DM. No trust within the company. Salary was minimal, typical retail hours, no concern for family. No work/life balance.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penningtons. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8